The Student Room Group

I'm in love with someone and cant get over them

I had a boyfriend four years ago on and off for one and half years, infact he was my first boyfriend. He had a best mate/good friend. We used to talk and we got pretty close recently. We met a few times and since the first time we met i fell in love with him instantly. We didn't sleep with each other because i want to remain a virgin till marriage although i couldn't really control myself around him but i gave him oral.

Anyway he used to tell me that he liked me back and compliment me all the time and we used to flirt all the time. I just fell for him completely. But he was never into me how i was into him and he was kind of a jerk to me. My ex found out and was mad at first 'i loved you and you went to my best friend behind my back' It doesn't help that my ex has been wanting to get with me for years.

I basically got rejected not verbally by him but by his actions and how he wasn't interested in me. All this happened around a year ago and im still in love with him. I dont even see him or talk to him anymore. Everytime i think of him i get a sick feeling in my stomach as im intoxicated with love for him. He did something unspeakable a while before we met up and i just forgot about that even though it pretty much ruined me for a while. It devastated me that he didnt want me back and i felt used. There is a boy where iw rok who looks like him and reminds me of him and its so hard to even look at him as he reminds me of him so much :frown: I feel sick everytime i look at him

How do i get over him.
Original post by Anonymous
I had a boyfriend four years ago on and off for one and half years, infact he was my first boyfriend. He had a best mate/good friend. We used to talk and we got pretty close recently. We met a few times and since the first time we met i fell in love with him instantly. We didn't sleep with each other because i want to remain a virgin till marriage although i couldn't really control myself around him but i gave him oral.

Anyway he used to tell me that he liked me back and compliment me all the time and we used to flirt all the time. I just fell for him completely. But he was never into me how i was into him and he was kind of a jerk to me. My ex found out and was mad at first 'i loved you and you went to my best friend behind my back' It doesn't help that my ex has been wanting to get with me for years.

I basically got rejected not verbally by him but by his actions and how he wasn't interested in me. All this happened around a year ago and im still in love with him. I dont even see him or talk to him anymore. Everytime i think of him i get a sick feeling in my stomach as im intoxicated with love for him. He did something unspeakable a while before we met up and i just forgot about that even though it pretty much ruined me for a while. It devastated me that he didnt want me back and i felt used. There is a boy where iw rok who looks like him and reminds me of him and its so hard to even look at him as he reminds me of him so much :frown: I feel sick everytime i look at him

How do i get over him.

Love is only true when it is mutual and reciprocated.
Reply 2
Original post by GandalfWhite
Love is only true when it is mutual and reciprocated.

love can be one way too, i think
Reply 3
You need to find someone else. Usually cutting the crush out of your life is enough but it looks like it's not this time. It's the only way.

I know what you feel, I've been in love with my best friend for one year now. Sucks to see her three or four times a week and know nothing will ever happen between us.
Reply 4
Original post by Conkerr
You need to find someone else. Usually cutting the crush out of your life is enough but it looks like it's not this time. It's the only way.

I know what you feel, I've been in love with my best friend for one year now. Sucks to see her three or four times a week and know nothing will ever happen between us.

aw thats sad, you shuld tell her. one of my best friend was in love with me for five years
Reply 5
aw thats sad, you shuld tell her. one of my best friend was in love with me for five years

Wow, 5 years? Poor guy lol

I told her in December. "You're one of my best friends but there will never be more than friendship between us. I hope you will be able to stay friends with me", that's basically what she said :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Conkerr
Wow, 5 years? Poor guy lol

I told her in December. "You're one of my best friends but there will never be more than friendship between us. I hope you will be able to stay friends with me", that's basically what she said :frown:

Yeah he used to say to people 'ive never loved anyone as much as i love her'

I understand where she's coming from. I wish i had just rejected him but i started falling for him. Relationships arnt guaranteed to work and ours didnt so i lost an amazing person in my life at a time i needed him. On the plus side... if you wait five years you never know :smile:
Reply 7
Yeah he used to say to people 'ive never loved anyone as much as i love her'

I understand where she's coming from. I wish i had just rejected him but i started falling for him. Relationships arnt guaranteed to work and ours didnt so i lost an amazing person in my life at a time i needed him. On the plus side... if you wait five years you never know :smile:

I see what you mean... But I think it's worth trying. Unfortunately for you and for the guy it didn't work but if it had worked I'm sure you would have been happy that you didn't reject him :smile:

And maybe you would have lost him anyway, even if you had rejected him. I'm considering cutting her out of my life... She is my best friend, I love her family (it's almost like a 2nd family, I'm very often there), we have many mutual friends (she's always there so I would miss a lot of things). I've tried everything, nothing has worked. It's killing to even think that I could do that but there's no other way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending