The Student Room Group

[URGENT] Edexcel IAL Physics Unit 6 Help

Hey, tomorrow's the unit 6 physics exam, I was doing some past papers and I encountered upon this dilemma.. It's from the paper dated June 2013. My question is that for part 1.d), I've did a completely different method to what the marking scheme says but I think what I've did is correct. Care to check? Thanks a lot. My working is attached above.

QP: https://goo.gl/XWC9aD
MS: https://goo.gl/Kc6x5m
"Adds their %U to 6900 and subtracts their %U from 7380. Draws a conclusion based on their answer"
Reply 2
Sorry, I had a mark scheme printed out, and for some reason it didn't get printed on. :frown:
Reply 3
Btw how was the exam? It was pretty easy except the last two questions.
Original post by azefayuu
Btw how was the exam? It was pretty easy except the last two questions.

Pretty good i think, the only one i found a bit difficult was question 2, assuming i got the rest correct!
Can we start discussing our answers?
Reply 5
I don't remember much of the answers. As soon as I walk out of the exam hall my mind goes blank -.-
Why don't you write down whatever answers you got, I'll check with them. (if I remember any :P)
(edited 8 years ago)
I am also doing Edexcel IAL Physics in May/June any notes or tips?
Reply 7
Original post by Kamran Fazal
I am also doing Edexcel IAL Physics in May/June any notes or tips?

I ain't a pro but I'll tell you some tips :P

-PAST PAPERS
-this website (ask questions if you have a doubt, a handful of people are more than happy to help)
-official edexcel a2 physics book
-edexcel a2 revision guide
-did i mention past papers?
-www.physicsandmathstutor.com

And search up whatever relevant info you can on google (According to the spec), I've seen some stuff that I've never seen in past papers pop up in exams. Just keep studying and you'll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by azefayuu
I don't remember much of the answers. As soon as I walk out of the exam hall my mind goes blank -.-
Why don't you write down whatever answers you got, I'll check with them. (if I remember any :P)

For question 4:
K was 17Nm^-1
M was 1.09kg
%D was 3.8%

Quick Reply

Latest