The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scratchedpaw
What? I don't see why you'd get rejected! I'm really sorry for you, I hope you enjoy whichever uni you do go to

That's ok! I'm applying for medicine so that's the most likely reason! I wish you all the best too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Hedwig24
Got rejected for Biomedical Sciences.
11A*s gcse
4As at AS
Predicted A*A*A in Chem maths and bio

Posted from TSR Mobile

Almost a carbon copy of your grades apart from my predicted grades were slightly worse and I got rejected too lol
That's ok! I'm applying for medicine so that's the most likely reason! I wish you all the best too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i'm sure you will do well where ever you decide to go. Best wishes😃
Original post by alow
Don't be mean to them, the mentally challenged need universities too.

For Everyone out there, these views are NOT representative of the average Oxbridge student! Whether in jest or not ( benefit of the doubt here),breathtakingly stupid!😡
Still angry at rejected for rejecting me. They were meant to be my insurance :angry:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well if it's not even the course you'd want to do I guess it shouldn't matter as much. Have fun doing medicine!!! And thank you!!!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by alow
Just like Durham students!

Nope!! You do like to assume rather a lot! I just take a rather more objective stance on the whole Oxbridge/ Durham thing. Brilliant students at all of these unis (and of course a few maybe not so) 😜
Original post by username2K
Well done!! I'm still waiting for my offer :frown: What were your grades last year may I ask? And when did you apply?

Thanks :smile: I got ABBB (Maths, English lit, history and German) last year, and predicted AAA. Applied October 16th, so had to wait a few months aha. I'm sure you'll be hearing soon - good luck! Where else did you apply?
Has anyone heard back from Liberal Arts?

I have that nasty feeling that if I haven't heard back by now, it's bad news.
[QUOTE="greenmermaid;62401635"]
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
I'm still waiting to hear anything for Law... I guess my score of 26 in the LNAT was ok... Although I know Durham is one of the slowest to reply, I have to say I can't bear not knowing any longer...[/QUOTE

I applied for law at Durham and haven't heard anything. Do you know if they have sent out any offers yet ?

I've seen the occasional person say they've had an offer. However, on the 2016 Law Hopefuls thread, most people seem to be still waiting to hear anything from a lot of unis, Durham in particular, so I guess we just wait...
Original post by ffiorentini
Thanks! I'm sure they'll get back to you soon, is Durham your first choice?

you were right! I got my offer today! :biggrin:
Original post by LordGaben

Well done!!!
Now the deadline has passed I hope everyone will be seeing a speed-up of offer receipts :smile:
x
Reply 1493
Original post by 210555
Nope!! You do like to assume rather a lot! I just take a rather more objective stance on the whole Oxbridge/ Durham thing. Brilliant students at all of these unis (and of course a few maybe not so) 😜

Also known as "I got rejected by Oxford/Cambridge.".
Man, why are people actually taking the bait? Let the trolls roll.

So did I man, good effort!
Original post by Spoderman14

You're so lucky, I'm still waiting for Durham to reply :frown:
Original post by Spoderman14

Thanks! :smile: conditional or unconditional?
Original post by scratchedpaw
Well done!!!

Thankss :smile:
Thanks! :smile: conditional or unconditional?

Conditional, A*AA, and I already have an A* in maths from last year

Quick Reply

Latest