The Student Room Group

Muslims aren't the problem, Islam is

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by luminarychild
Because there are definitely not any non muslims who aren't barbaric or medieval :colonhash: *sarcasm*
I would like you to point out any other group that still thinks that apostasy and adultery actually should be punished by death.

Also, claiming that there are other people as bad as you does not make your behaviour any better!
Reply 121
Original post by luminarychild
Yes because more people are influenced to think bashing is ok,
So you think that the disbeliever bashing in the Quran is a bad thing and must lead to violence against disbelievers.

You may not bash muslims personally but the majority of people with these views do. Think logically here, not everything works out in the way that you have stated.
What?, you think that the majority of people who are critical of Islam actually go out and physically attack Muslims?

Wow!
Original post by QE2
The behaviour of most people (of all beliefs) is shaped by a combination of many things, not least inherent empathy, the Golden Rule and the rule of law. It is interesting to note that in societies where more literal interpretations of ideologies are implemented, personal freedoms are eroded, and wherever they are given absolute authority, civilisation breaks down.

You literally have no life. You spend hours upon hours on TSR constantly hating on Islam; your obsession is honestly concerning. With all due respect (if there is any), get a life.
Original post by AliRizzo
Where did I say there was anything wrong with it? Speaks volumes about what kind of person you are that you're getting defensive about your freedom to mock others.

If you're mocking an ideology practiced or believed by people then you mock the people.

You've been supplied with the riddles of life, death and creation. Why do you get all huffy and defensive when a bunch of teenagers on a forum mock your religion? Says something about your character, really.
Reply 124
Original post by Butternuts96
You literally have no life. You spend hours upon hours on TSR constantly hating on Islam; your obsession is honestly concerning. With all due respect (if there is any), get a life.
My life, or lack of it, has nothing to do with your inability to come up with a cogent defence for your barbaric and medieval beliefs.

I always find it ironic when people who devote their entire lives to an unpleasant delusion, advise others to "get a life"!
Reply 125
religion isn't at fault. its people complaining about these things
Original post by QE2
My life, or lack of it, has nothing to do with your inability to come up with a cogent defence for your barbaric and medieval beliefs.

I always find it ironic when people who devote their entire lives to an unpleasant delusion, advise others to "get a life"!

If we were to rebuttal every single one of your hateful remarks, we wouldn't have time to live our lives. We'd be spending every minute of it on TSR replying to you!

Now do you see what I mean by "Get a life"?
If we were to rebuttal every single one of your hateful remarks, we wouldn't have time to live our lives. We'd be spending every minute of it on TSR replying to you!

Now do you see what I mean by "Get a life"?

I see exactly what you mean, yes. You mean you have no comeback and no rebuttal to the points being made, hence you lash out in the only way you can with shrieks of 'get a life, hater!' Transparent and utterly feeble. If you don't want to debate on TSR, no-one's forcing you to be here.
Reply 128
OK.
First, show one of my "hateful remarks", explaining why it is hateful.

Then rebut it.

Just one. Then you can get back to your oh so worthwhile and interesting life, and your wonderful, inclusive, peaceful beliefs.
Original post by QE2
You really seem to have an issue with people criticising Islam. Why is that?

Unfortunately you've joined the party a bit too late, no longer interested in this thread.
Unfortunately you've joined the party a bit too late, no longer interested in this thread.

LOL. First we have 'get a life, hater' now we get 'I'm no longer interested in the thread'. Could you people be any more transparent and obvious that you have no response and no rebuttal? It's hilarious.
Original post by Achaea
LOL. First we have 'get a life, hater' now we get 'I'm no longer interested in the thread'. Could you people be any more transparent and obvious that you have no response and no rebuttal? It's hilarious.

Or maybe I'm not in the mood to debate with people who already have their minds made up? My initial post in here wasn't even to start a debate, I made an observation then your hater friends tried to start an argument which I wasn't interested in.

Regardless, you atheists believe you're so right and you shouldn't be afraid of anything since you won't be held accountable, which baffles me as to why you spend your days arguing online with strangers. Bit petty, no?
Original post by QE2
OK.
First, show one of my "hateful remarks", explaining why it is hateful.

Then rebut it.

Just one. Then you can get back to your oh so worthwhile and interesting life, and your wonderful, inclusive, peaceful beliefs.

I have! In the past! I remember your username; it's very easy to remember. It went on forever because your mind is hellbent on attempting to smear the religion of Islam. Seriously dude, what do you work as/study?
Or maybe I'm not in the mood to debate with people who already have their minds made up? My initial post in here wasn't even to start a debate, I made an observation then your hater friends tried to start an argument which I wasn't interested in.

Regardless, you atheists believe you're so right and you shouldn't be afraid of anything since you won't be held accountable, which baffles me as to why you spend your days arguing online with strangers. Bit petty, no?

My 'hater friends'. ROFL. Who do we hate exactly? Can you cite some posts where we 'hate' people as evidence for your statement? Cheers.

Muslims believe that the quran is perfect and Islam is perfect and allah is perfect and Muhammad is a perfect role model, yet we are the ones who 'already have our minds made up'? :biggrin: As I said in a previous post, I used to think Islam was benign and peaceful till I actually read the quran and hadiths and the kind of frighteningly barbaric opinions I've often seen on TSR. It was that that convinced me that Islam is (or can be) a nasty, dangerous ideology. My mind was not already made up, I assure you.

This is a debate forum. If you think that debating and arguing is a 'bit petty', I suggest you retreat back to the comforting echo chamber of the ISOC and their endless mashallahing and alhamdulillhahing. Not that the members of ISOC already have their minds made up on the topic of Islam, of course. Nooooo. But apparently having your mind already made up about the wonderfulness of Islam is fine with you.
I have! In the past! I remember your username; it's very easy to remember. It went on forever because your mind is hellbent on attempting to smear the religion of Islam. Seriously dude, what do you work as/study?

Neither he nor anyone else here has any need to 'smear the religion of Islam'. You do that yourself with your breezy comments about how apostates from Islam deserve to be killed and how people deserve to have rocks thrown at their heads until they die for having sex.
Original post by Achaea
My 'hater friends'. ROFL. Who do we hate exactly? Can you cite some posts where we 'hate' people as evidence for your statement? Cheers.

Muslims believe that the quran is perfect and Islam is perfect and allah is perfect and Muhammad is a perfect role model, yet we are the ones who 'already have our minds made up'? :biggrin: As I said in a previous post, I used to think Islam was benign and peaceful till I actually read the quran and hadiths and the kind of frighteningly barbaric opinions I've often seen on TSR. It was that that convinced me that Islam is (or can be) a nasty, dangerous ideology. My mind was not already made up, I assure you.

This is a debate forum. If you think that debating and arguing is a 'bit petty', I suggest you retreat back to the comforting echo chamber of the ISOC and their endless mashallahing and alhamdulillhahing. Not that the members of ISOC already have their minds made up on the topic of Islam, of course. Nooooo. But apparently having your mind already made up about the wonderfulness of Islam is fine with you.

Erm, congratulations? Not sure what you want me to say here. I'm sorry you're a little misguided and seem to think Islam is 'barbaric' but I hope you find the truth one day.✌
Original post by Achaea
Neither he nor anyone else here has any need to 'smear the religion of Islam'. You do that yourself with your breezy comments about how apostates from Islam deserve to be killed and how people deserve to have rocks thrown at their heads until they die for having sex.

Then if we do that ourselves, what is the point of people like you commenting? Because you want to fuel and empower the narrative against Islam. Just admit that.
Erm, congratulations? Not sure what you want me to say here. I'm sorry you're a little misguided and seem to think Islam is 'barbaric' but I hope you find the truth one day.✌

I've already found the the truth, thanks. Islam is (or at its worst can be) a barbaric, outdated, misogynist, patriarchal, nastily bigoted and supremacist ideology which I dislike intensely and which should have stayed in the 7th century where it belongs, and even if I live to be 120 years old I assure you that I will never change my opinion on that. And I don't appreciate your patronising (and entirely wrong) assumption that I'm misguided.
Then if we do that ourselves, what is the point of people like you commenting? Because you want to fuel and empower the narrative against Islam. Just admit that.

I want more and more people to learn the truth about islam, yes. The real face of it.
Original post by Achaea
I've already found the the truth, thanks. Islam is (or at its worst can be) a barbaric, outdated, misogynist, patriarchal, nastily bigoted and supremacist ideology which I dislike intensely and which should have stayed in the 7th century where it belongs, and even if I live to be 120 years old I assure you that I will never change my opinion on that. And I don't appreciate your patronising (and entirely wrong) assumption that I'm misguided.

'and even if I live to be 120 years old I assure you that I will never change my opinion on that'.

But I thought your mind wasn't already mad...
Nvm. As I said you're only here to preach hate, and so it proves.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending