The Student Room Group

The Roaring Twenties

So what will the '20s be like this time around? Will we see a re-run of the Roaring Twenties of the 20th Century?
Wtf are you on about!?
Reply 2
Rude!
No, more economic stagnation for us, yay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
promiscuous flappers
I hope there's a resurgence in the popularity of big band swing music.
Reply 6
Original post by kandykissesxox
promiscuous flappers

Flippers?
Original post by Thomas2
Flippers?

No, flappers
Reply 8
No, flappers

What are flappers? Slappers?
Original post by Thomas2
What are flappers? Slappers?

They were described as a new breed of young women during the roaring twenties, partially because they experimented on their style (wore shorter skirts), cut their hair short, started to have casual sex, went out at night without a male chaperone, smoked, drove cars etc.

The older generation however did not approve of the boisterous behaviour and liberal attitude these young women were developing.

But hey, it was the "Roaring twenties" so you can hardly blame them for their liberation and promescious behaviour especially now that Jazz music was introduced.
Reply 10
They were described as a new breed of young women during the roaring twenties, partially because they experimented on their style (wore shorter skirts), cut their hair short, started to have casual sex, went out at night without a male chaperone, smoked, drove cars etc.

The older generation however did not approve of the boisterous behaviour and liberal attitude these young women were developing.

But hey, it was the "Roaring twenties" so you can hardly blame them for their liberation and promescious behaviour especially now that Jazz music was introduced.

Sounds like my kinda girl. LOL
Reply 11
Original post by Thomas2
So what will the '20s be like this time around? Will we see a re-run of the Roaring Twenties of the 20th Century?

Hopefully it won't end the same.
Reply 12
Original post by Josb
Hopefully it won't end the same.

I agree but unfortunately history has a way of repeating itself.
Original post by Thomas2

with a massive criminal group running everything
something prohibited
then end in bankruptcy as everything crashes and burns

government, drug war, spending cuts
promiscuous flappers

I wish.

I personally don't think you can tell the future from the past; the 2020's will be nothing like the 1920's, or indeed any other era. I have no idea what it will be like, however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending