The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mackay
I felt he did a lot of things well, but I agree. He did my head in at times - especially with that moment in the second half, where he had an opportunity to unleash Ojo down the right hand side but held onto it in the hope of doing something more clever, but ended up losing it.

Yeah the ball he ended up playing was an attempted Hollywood ball, and I guess he held onto it longer and longer because he wanted Ojo to make enough ground for that ball inside the fullback to be available.

It pissed me off to no end at the time (partially because I just wanted Ojo on the ball with the simple outside pass that Tex had) but on Tex's side it just comes down to a desire to mark himself out as something special. The time is really ticking on his career here so I can't blame him too much I guess. It was definitely the wrong decision though.
FA Cup Fifth Round if we beat West Ham:

Blackburn away.

Replay to be held Tuesday 9th Feb, honestly don't think it'll be the end of the world if we didn't progress given our fixture list.
Joe Allen should be in place of Can in my opinion. Can can run and is more physical but he's literally clueless about what he should do with the ball. He also loses possession too often.
I'll take Blackburn, if we get there.

They'll still have Rhodes, though. Think Middlesbrough pulled out of the deal today.
Hopefully by then, and maybe by the replay we'll see Origi, Coutinho and Skrtel back. Which should be more choices for us given our fixture congestion.

We played 9 games in Jan - most ever played by us during Jan. 7 or 8 we'll play in Feb
Thing is, we've got seven games nailed on for February right now. That becomes eight if we get a result at West Ham. We had eight in January, too, so that may mean 16 games in two months. No wonder Klopp is joking about our schedule - but the good thing is that we've now got options.

You look at the centre-backs. Lovren did himself a world of good with that performance yesterday, and Caulker is a viable option too. He looks like a guy who has played PL football and can handle an aerial challenge - so I welcome him. At the full-back positions, you've got Brad Smith - a player who seems more intelligent than Moreno - shining, and Clyne who probably played one of his best games for Liverpool yesterday. Flanagan is back in contention, too.

Ahead of them, Allen is shining and seems a game changer. Henderson - who I really hope is going to return to his previous zenith - needs management, while Milner, Lucas and Can are always available for inclusion.
Smith has yet to have been tested defensively. Moreno cocks up without needing being tested but Smith could still cock up too, we'll have to see.

Out of curiosity, any LFC fans in this thread that would take Paul Scholes as a better player than Steven Gerrard?
Original post by Pimped Butterfly
Smith has yet to have been tested defensively. Moreno cocks up without needing being tested but Smith could still cock up too, we'll have to see.

Admittedly, I agree there.

Smith seems to read the game better - but as you say, put him under scrutiny for long periods week after week and that may change. We saw that with Bogdan, who was probably MOTM against Carlisle and Bournemouth in the Capital One Cup, but then went to pot from Watford onwards.
One day left but it doesn't look like anything's happening.

What a boring transfer window.
It's a shame we won't be buying Teixeira in this window but there's no need to pay through our noses for him a la Andy Carroll. Shakhtar want him to stay as they want to remain competitive in their league and the EL so I understand why they are being so difficult. Hopefully we can buy him in the summer for a reasonable price providing he's still willing to come to us. My biggest fear is that the likes of Chelsea will sneak in and steal him and price wise we probably won't be able to match them. Even if we don't get him in the summer I'm sure Klopp has an idea of what sort of players he wants.
So no incomings today Klopp confirms, unsure about outgoings.

Sturridge to return to training on Weds, Coutinho and Origi on Thurs. Skrtel could play this weekend.
Original post by mr tim
So no incomings today Klopp confirms, unsure about outgoings.

Sturridge to return to training on Weds, Coutinho and Origi on Thurs. Skrtel could play this weekend.

Tbh I'd be happy with no signings if we could keep all our players fit!
Some rumours of Newcastle in for Enrique

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mr tim
Some rumours of Newcastle in for Enrique

Posted from TSR Mobile

plsplsplsplsplspslsplspls
Nope, Newcastle not pursing it, was interest.

As you were.
You know you're a **** club when you don't overpay for Texieria, yet you overpay for Benteke, Lallana, Balotelli, and charge £70 for tickets next season.
Original post by LFC_fan_321
You know you're a **** club when you don't overpay for Texieria, yet you overpay for Benteke, Lallana, Balotelli, and charge £70 for tickets next season.

Well what if Teixiera turned out to be another Benteke or Lallana. You would then be complaining that we overpaid for Teixiera.
Original post by samir12
Well what if Teixiera turned out to be another Benteke or Lallana. You would then be complaining that we overpaid for Teixiera.

We made the right decision.

I'm confident Klopp can attract some decent players in the summer and Teixeira looks like he really wants to come.

Maybe Chelsea will outbid us but that's just how it goes. Klopp isn't stupid and you won't see him getting taken to the cleaners like that.
£38m wasn't being taken to the cleaners so we should have got the deal done.

Latest