The Student Room Group

I think I'm falling for my best friend....

(edited 7 years ago)
ahhhhhhhh ****.
well, I'm not going to stomp on your dreams but I've tried this kind of thing twice and it never worked.
but at the same time I was relieved at losing my very good (or best) female friend(s) because being friends with somebody you want to **** the **** out of is the most frustrating and unfulfilling thing ever
don't do it
Original post by ravioliyears
my other friend (who's like a sister to me) said that he's trying to make moves on me now because he's leaving soon.

Translation: Timeline has moved up. No longer can play long game. Implementing more aggressive approach to bang.

Maybe I'm just a douchebag but making a move before leaving only ever means I just want sex. Otherwise, I'd be a douchebag for only making a move before leaving.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
tbh my best friend liked me for over five years. i kind of had an idea but i played it down as i didnt want to make things awkward. I regret us being in a relationship bc after we broke up it ruined our friendship and i missed him as a friend especially when i needed him there.

If he's a good friend to you i wouldn't risk it if i was you. he's also moving away so it might now be ideal for you to get into a relationship :smile:
If nothing can happen because of your parents and you don't want to risk doing anything in secret.. Not much you can do. :redface:
Original post by SeanFM
If nothing can happen because of your parents and you don't want to risk doing anything in secret.. Not much you can do. :redface:

You've joined the dark side ....
If he's leaving soon, it might not be the best time for you two to get into a relationship anyway. You also need to consider how things will change if you do get into a relationship and it doesn't work out for whatever reason - it could ruin a great friendship. Ask yourself if it's worth the risk?
Thats exactly what I keep asking myself, and I really don't want to risk it. But, just in case he does make a 'move', what do you think I should do?

My best friend made a move on me the one time and I just said that I didn't see him in that way, he was probably a bit hurt but we're still friends. It's not worth ruining a friendship over a crush.
Original post by RainbowKiwi
If he's leaving soon, it might not be the best time for you two to get into a relationship anyway. You also need to consider how things will change if you do get into a relationship and it doesn't work out for whatever reason - it could ruin a great friendship. Ask yourself if it's worth the risk?

Kiwi :ninja:
Dun do it OP. It could get awks!
Original post by Imperion
Kiwi :ninja:

Imperion :ninja:

Thats exactly what I keep asking myself, and I really don't want to risk it. But, just in case he does make a 'move', what do you think I should do?

If you feel u don't wanna risk it, stick to that decision. If he makes a move, just nicely make it clear you're happy being friends :-)

Quick Reply

Latest