The Student Room Group

Best friend changed after breakup?

So, my best friend (he's a guy) broke up with his girlfriend because he was going to uni further away from her. Before, he was really nice and really goofy and in general, just a great person to be with.

After he broke up with his gf, he turned nasty. He doesn't do anything apart from sleeping around and getting drunk and boasting about how much sex he has. I've tried to ask him why he's doing what he's doing (his ex gf hasn't spoken to him at all or anything) but all he does is talk about how ugly and pathetic she was and how she was too ugly. He's way more moodier even though they broke up in July. I've sat him down and asked him and he's very vague about it. I'm a girl so I'm clueless with guys and I can't really guess what's on his mind. He normally tells me everything but idk what's happened. When he was in a relationship he was really happy, he ended it and he seemed ok for a month and then now he's being a bit of a douche in general.

Can anyone help?
Original post by Anonymous
So, my best friend (he's a guy) broke up with his girlfriend because he was going to uni further away from her. Before, he was really nice and really goofy and in general, just a great person to be with.

After he broke up with his gf, he turned nasty. He doesn't do anything apart from sleeping around and getting drunk and boasting about how much sex he has. I've tried to ask him why he's doing what he's doing (his ex gf hasn't spoken to him at all or anything) but all he does is talk about how ugly and pathetic she was and how she was too ugly. He's way more moodier even though they broke up in July. I've sat him down and asked him and he's very vague about it. I'm a girl so I'm clueless with guys and I can't really guess what's on his mind. He normally tells me everything but idk what's happened. When he was in a relationship he was really happy, he ended it and he seemed ok for a month and then now he's being a bit of a douche in general.

Can anyone help?

Wouldn't waste your time, just let him get on with it.
Reply 2
maybe he was just really hurt about the break up
Reply 3
Original post by Rock Fan
Wouldn't waste your time, just let him get on with it.

He insists he's over it because it's been a while since they broke up but tbh the more he bitches about her, the more I think he still has feelings for her. I've told him that it's not a nice thing to publicly bitch about her but he just carries on.
Maybe he didn't tell you the full story of how they broke up.
Reply 5
Original post by mkap
maybe he was just really hurt about the break up

So he bitches about her? A tad unusual though?
Reply 6
Original post by RainbowKiwi
Maybe he didn't tell you the full story of how they broke up.

I'm friends with his ex and she told me that he literally just told her that they should go on a break and he was sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending