The Student Room Group

hijab & Skinny jeans

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonbabes
The issue is skirts and dresses arn't suitable during winter

Please they're available all year around. Wear leggings underneath and then you're warm. Buy pegged/ cropped trousers, there's so much out there for hijabis. where theres a will theres a way

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/26/a5/95/26a5959b4f005c532624b238c8728b74.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yyJj9UCDHdw/UhqzapUngNI/AAAAAAAABII/u4Pfaoeg1XQ/s1600/photo-1.JPG
Reply 41
Original post by Sweetwinkle786
Please they're available all year around. Wear leggings underneath and then you're warm. Buy pegged/ cropped trousers, there's so much out there for hijabis. where theres a will theres a way

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/26/a5/95/26a5959b4f005c532624b238c8728b74.jpg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-yyJj9UCDHdw/UhqzapUngNI/AAAAAAAABII/u4Pfaoeg1XQ/s1600/photo-1.JPG

I'll give it a try
Reply 42
I wear the hijab correctly showing no neck or hair. I wear full English clothes showing no arms or legs. But I wear skinny jeans.

If we can't wear. skinny jeans in winter what else could we wear?

Is skinny jeans ok?

yeah i think so but you should prob just ask your family if they say its fine then just wear it:smile:
Reply 43
Original post by Ishea16
you can buy longer tops that cover your waist down...
religion isnt as strict as some people make it tbh:smile:

But they should be long enough to cover your legs if you're wearing skinny jeans.

What is acceptable english clothing wise?

Anything that isn't tight, see through etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by HAnwar
But they should be long enough to cover your legs if you're wearing skinny jeans.

Anything that isn't tight, see through etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are jeans acceptable?
What about knee length dress and leggings
Reply 45
Are jeans acceptable?
What about knee length dress and leggings

Afaik if they are loose fitting and they're not ripped (like for fashion), they should be ok.
But double check with someone else.

Leggings again, show the figure of your legs, so if your dress is covering the leggings, it should be ok.
People say it's too tight
Hijab isn't an issue. I love it

What do you love about it?
Reply 47
I'll give it a try

i wish i looked as good as those pics:frown:
Original post by HAnwar
Afaik if they are loose fitting and they're not ripped (like for fashion), they should be ok.

Leggings again, show the figure of your legs, so if your dress is covering the leggings, it should be ok.

How about wearing slim jeans? And is it unacceptable to tuck in your jumpers/t-shirts into your jeans?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 49
[QUOTE="HAnwar;62420783"]Afaik if they are loose fitting and they're not ripped (like for fashion), they should be ok.

Okay. What do you wear?
What can I wear instead of leggings underneath a dress that is knee length?

Leggings again, show the figure of your lOTE]

Original post by conformplease
What do you love about it?

Makes u feel protected etc

Original post by #anosha
i wish i looked as good as those pics:frown:

U probs do
Reply 50
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
How about wearing slim jeans? And is it unacceptable to tuck in your jumpers/t-shirts into your jeans?

Not suppose to reveal backside so probs a no
Reply 51
Original post by Ishea16
wear long tops that cover and skinny jeans with them, it looks good too:h:

completely agree with this:smile:
figures hidden and it looks classy
Not suppose to reveal backside so probs a no

I usually wear a cardigan or a longer coat so I'm talking more about the front side. I also sometimes tuck in the front of the shirt but not the back.

I might just need to go on a new shopping spree :erm:
Reply 53

Can't find long tops

So what's your suggestions?

please. :colonhash:
Wow you're all great at conforming to unnecessary dress codes, will you join my cult?
Boyfriend jeans are a good substitute if you like skinny jeans. They're baggier but if you still find them revealing then get a size larger than normal and wear it with a nice belt. Some brands do baggier boyfriend jeans than others, hope this helps!
I wear the hijab correctly showing no neck or hair. I wear full English clothes showing no arms or legs. But I wear skinny jeans.

If we can't wear. skinny jeans in winter what else could we wear?

Is skinny jeans ok?

1. You shouldn't come to TSR for islamic opinions; you'll find people speaking their minds without reference to quranic evidence or hadith.
2. Since you have come on here, I can tell you safely that there are no valid islamic opinions that allow women to wear skinny jeans, similar case for men as well on that.
3. Check islamQA for guidance. Type in Hijaab; there's LOADS of stuff on there.

How can you wear the hijaab correctly whilst wearing skinny jeans? Hijaab, contrary to popular belief, does not mean to cover the hair. Hijaab means to cover everything besides the face and hands according to the most lenient of opinions in loose clothing not showing any of the curves of the body.
Reply 57
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13

Slim jeans are still fitting, no?
Well you shouldn't really be doing that because you're exposing your figure.

[QUOTE="Anonbabes;62420991"]
Original post by HAnwar

Okay. What do you wear?
What can I wear instead of leggings underneath a dress that is knee length?

Leggings again, show the figure of your lOTE]

Makes u feel protected etc

U probs do

I wear abaya :smile:
Loose trousers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 58
[QUOTE="HAnwar;62422095"]Slim jeans are still fitting, no?

I wear abaya :smile:
Loose trousers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Tbh I like showing figure but it's haram.

Do you know any good hijab style?
Original post by HAnwar
Slim jeans are still fitting, no?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh well they're a lot less tight than skinny jeans... They don't cling onto your skin. I chucked away my last pair of skinny's so atm I'm wearing Chinos, Slim jeans and Mom jeans. Although my tops are not that long :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending