The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP2 Official 2016 Exam Thread - 8th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Student403
Ye m8 I seen him

Did you cut your hands on his razor sharp jawline
I leave this thread alone for a few hours...
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
I leave this thread alone for a few hours...

How much have you got left of FP2?

Are the review exercises worth to do, do you htink?
Original post by biscuit_snapper
Did you cut your hands on his razor sharp jawline

Couldn't get within a 50m radius. It got too hot
Anyone going to sit for IAL F2 next year? I finished the FP2 book last month but haven't been practising a lot otherwise. Will start revising soon though!

do IALs have a third a level?

Also is there only one paper for the internationals, or is it split in timezones?
Original post by Mihael_Keehl
How much have you got left of FP2?

Are the review exercises worth to do, do you htink?

Well I've finished learning the module formally a while back but I'm practising both further pure modules for the exam right now. I'm almost done with complex numbers and I have ODEs, Taylor series and polar coordinates left to go for FP2 and coordinate systems, integration, vectors and matrices for FP3. I aim to finish by March. :biggrin:

do IALs have a third a level?

Also is there only one paper for the internationals, or is it split in timezones?

We only have Maths, Further Maths and Further Pure Maths (C12, C34, F1, F2/3).

There's only one paper because IAL exams are sat at roughly the same time around the world.
Well I've finished learning the module formally a while back but I'm practising both further pure modules for the exam right now. I'm almost done with complex numbers and I have ODEs, Taylor series and polar coordinates left to go for FP2 and coordinate systems, integration, vectors and matrices for FP3. I aim to finish by March. :biggrin:

We only have Maths, Further Maths and Further Pure Maths (C12, C34, F1, F2/3).

There's only one paper because IAL exams are sat at roughly the same time around the world.

This person on fb told me that if internationals do CIE Maths A Levels then they don't have to do STEP is this true?

FP3 vectors and matrices are gonna be such a bore.

You still have jan exams right?

I have done taylor series and 2 ODE's but I keep forgetting some of the stuff so I have to keep recapping over it.
This person on fb told me that if internationals do CIE Maths A Levels then they don't have to do STEP is this true?

FP3 vectors and matrices are gonna be such a bore.

You still have jan exams right?

I have done taylor series and 2 ODE's but I keep forgetting some of the stuff so I have to keep recapping over it.

Completely false; CIE Maths isn't vastly different from other board. Cambridge/Warwick should be asking for STEP regardless of what board you do (although I'm not sure as I'm not a Cam or Warwick applicant!)

They're not too bad, honestly! A lot of memorisation required though.

Nah, I finished them on the 28th - I only had 3, although I should have done S2 and C34, regret not doing them now.

Once again, a lot of memorisation required for those chapters. :redface: Keep practising!

Completely false; CIE Maths isn't vastly different from other board. Cambridge/Warwick should be asking for STEP regardless of what board you do (although I'm not sure as I'm not a Cam or Warwick applicant!)

As Ayman said, the universities don't care about you doing CIE or not. You'll do STEP regardless, you won't get any special consideration. Nothing, nada, it's just another exam board in the universities eyes.

They're not too bad, honestly! A lot of memorisation required though.

Nah, I finished them on the 28th - I only had 3, although I should have done S2 and C34, regret not doing them now.

Once again, a lot of memorisation required for those chapters. :redface: Keep practising!

ah I thought it was a bit suss. Where will you apply to, USA?

Finding the transpose etc. just seems so pointless, sure it is easy but not really any application for it.

Oh cool :smile:

So you will write F2 in summer then :P

How does the A* work for your FM, assuming you are doing it?

Do you nee 90% UMS in F2 and S2?
Original post by Zacken
As Ayman said, the universities don't care about you doing CIE or not. You'll do STEP regardless, you won't get any special consideration. Nothing, nada, it's just another exam board in the universities eyes.

I see. Will probably do loci now..

You can upload your M2 model answers to the thread, btw. Edit your post on the thread (the second post) and put them there. :yep:

I think I messed up a few of the "explain" S2 questions, that's very annoying.
ah I thought it was a bit suss. Where will you apply to, USA?

Finding the transpose etc. just seems so pointless, sure it is easy but not really any application for it.

Oh cool :smile:

So you will write F2 in summer then :P

How does the A* work for your FM, assuming you are doing it?

Do you nee 90% UMS in F2 and S2?

I've already applied to Canada. :smile:

You never know - linear algebra is fundamental for engineering and physics! You might need it later and be glad you did FP3.

It's the same as the regular A* - I'll need 90% from my 3 best A2 modules (M2, M3, S2, S3, F2, F3).

Original post by Zacken
You can upload your M2 model answers to the thread, btw. Edit your post on the thread (the second post) and put them there. :yep:

I think I messed up a few of the "explain" S2 questions, that's very annoying.

Thank you for the idea!

I'm sure you did alright, writer-boy. :wink: Hopefully the rest of the paper was fine and you've got 95+ because I know you have 90+ in M2!

You never know - linear algebra is fundamental for engineering and physics! You might need it later and be glad you did FP3.

Wise, wise words.

Thank you for the idea!

I'm sure you did alright, writer-boy. :wink: Hopefully the rest of the paper was fine and you've got 95+ because I know you have 90+ in M2!

Haha, thanks! The paper was slightly weird, so I'm hoping for low boundaries. What does 70/75 usually get you in S2? :smile:
I've already applied to Canada. :smile:

It's the same as the regular A* - I'll need 90% from my 3 best A2 modules (M2, M3, S2, S3, F2, F3).

Thank you for the idea!

Ah nice. Good luck with it all.
Mcgill and toronto are good places from what i've read. :P
Original post by Zacken
Wise, wise words.

Haha, thanks! The paper was slightly weird, so I'm hoping for low boundaries. What does 70/75 usually get you in S2? :smile:

About 93-95, which is alright in my books - you're two-thirds to the A* already!

Ah nice. Good luck with it all.
Mcgill and toronto are good places from what i've read. :P

I got into McGill already actually, I'm just waiting for my scholarship decision to get back to me! Thank you :smile:

Where do you want to go in the states?
About 93-95, which is alright in my books - you're two-thirds to the A* already!

I got into McGill already actually, I'm just waiting for my scholarship decision to get back to me! Thank you :smile:

Where do you want to go in the states?

Haha nice. How come you are not applying uk or us. Congrats btw i have been canada and the people there seem nicer than US :P

Idk i missed the SAT lmfao.

Will probably do the subject tests in may but i suck at english. So idk about sat.

Ivies if i apply. If i get straight 800s in may i will apply otherwise i cba doing all the essays and that crap :wink:
Original post by Zacken
Wise, wise words.

Depends last year in our paper it was 71 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
Depends last year in our paper it was 71 for A*

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but IAL S2 boundaries hasn't changed over the years or it has by very very little.
Reply 159
Can someone help does it matter which way round you draw the arc of the circle (or semi circle) in further complex numbers? I'm not sure which way and don't understand why the solution does it in a certain way. It makes a difference for the centre of the circle.

For e.g EX 3F Q 7f why can't the locus be drawn so that it is looped under (-4,0) and goes to the right, basically the other half of the circle?

https://8fd9eafbb84fdb32c73d8e44d980d7008581d86e.googledrive.com/host/0B1ZiqBksUHNYTnpyeF8xQlZweHc/CH3.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending