The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

Current first year - questions?

Hey, Last year I came here and found some really helpful advice!
I'm now coming towards the end of my first year studying Business information systems (shared core units with web, computer sci and computing)
and im living in halls,
I'd love to be of help to people who have any questions RE starting/course/halls? :smile: x
Original post by Hannah2055482
I'm now coming towards the end of my first year studying Business information systems (shared core units with web, computer sci and computing)
and im living in halls,
I'd love to be of help to people who have any questions RE starting/course/halls? :smile: x

Hello! I'm going to be studying Business and Systems Management starting Sept 2016 and I'm really lost about accomodation :frown: I'm an international student so I can't really check the uni out beforehand, so I would be super thankful if you share your opinion of the Halls you're currently living in :smile: Also, since we seem to be studying very similar courses, can you give me some heads up how is it like? :smile: Thank you!
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Hi Hannah,

How soon before the course should we be arriving? I'm starting a masters this Septemeber (starts on the 19th) but am unsure of when to actually arrive in the city; forgotten when I arrived for my undergrad at Plymouth a few years ago. Any suggestions?
Original post by peonydust
Hello! I'm going to be studying Business and Systems Management starting Sept 2016 and I'm really lost about accomodation :frown: I'm an international student so I can't really check the uni out beforehand, so I would be super thankful if you share your opinion of the Halls you're currently living in :smile: Also, since we seem to be studying very similar courses, can you give me some heads up how is it like? :smile: Thank you!

Hi there! Hannah from the Housing team here! As an International student, once you go Unconditional Firm with your offer from Portsmouth, we will email you the accommodation application information to enable you to apply! If you have any further queries, please email [email protected]
Reply 4
Hi I've applied to Essex and Portsmouth uni. Portsmouth is my firm for Accounting and Finance. I was wondering if Portsmouth are lenient on Alevel results day. If so what grades have people or people you know got in with. Thankssss
and im living in halls,

Hiya:smile:

I was wondering if you know if there are busses from Rees to the Eldon building. As Pompey is so flat I'm planning on cycling a lot but I know there will be the odd occasion when I can't/ it's raining too much ect.

Also, do you have any general advice about getting on with people in your halls/ surviving in halls generally? XD

Many thanks:P
and im living in halls,

how did you find your first few weeks at portsmouth like getting used to it/freshers etc I have a strange feeling im going to be incredibly homesick now that its getting closer and closer
Reply 7
Is Portsmouth uni lenient on Alevel results day? What sort of grades do they accept or the lowest?
Original post by geolowiser
Hi Hannah,

How soon before the course should we be arriving? I'm starting a masters this Septemeber (starts on the 19th) but am unsure of when to actually arrive in the city; forgotten when I arrived for my undergrad at Plymouth a few years ago. Any suggestions?

Hi there
Susan from the Information Centre here. We would suggest that you arrive prior to
orientation week to allow yourself time to settle in to your accommodation and the campus.
You will be sent all the info over the coming months.
[*] International and EU Orientation Week Monday 12 - Sunday 18 September 2016
Original post by 6thformer25
how did you find your first few weeks at portsmouth like getting used to it/freshers etc I have a strange feeling im going to be incredibly homesick now that its getting closer and closer

Hiya,

Susan here from the Information Centre at the uni,

Loads of students feels a bit nervous before they start but once you arrive and meet others in your accommodation you will soon start to feel at home . There are often social events in your halls to help you get to know your new flatmates and there are student halls reps and student support managers to talk to if you need anything.

Freshers Week is also a good way to meet people and get involved in uni life and usually you will be so busy that hopefully you won't have time to feel to homesick!

Good luck we will see you soon ;0)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending