The Student Room Group

Why do I hate my mother so much?

Everything she does irks me and makes me scream. We argue all the time. I never tell her anything and keep her at long distance. She tried to apologize to me and "mend" our relationship not long ago and instead of embracing this I just told her how much I hated her and we got into yet another argument. I hate her character, I hate the way she talks, I hate the way she acts. I don't know what fuels this hatred but its really strong. I don't care if she's hurt or crying or anything. I wish I had another mother.
You want us to guess why you hate her?

Okay then

She abused you as a young child?
She is an alcoholic?
She has never shown you any affection?
She prefers your older sibling(s)?
You are a psychopath?
Reply 2
She moved you around for nine ****ing months man, I argue with my mum but I never say I hate her! Just stay calm and suppress your anger!
Original post by sam2222
suppress your anger!

A tried-and-tested approach to ensuring harmonious interpersonal relations -- brought to you by Homewrecker Inc. (est. 2016).

:tongue:
Reply 4
Original post by Mathemagicien
You want us to guess why you hate her?

Okay then

She abused you as a young child?
She is an alcoholic?
She has never shown you any affection?
She prefers your older sibling(s)?
You are a psychopath?

nah
nop
ehh
I'm the oldest
eh strongly doubt
You can't really expect us to guess why you hate your mother when you've given no backstory of your relationship
#justsayin
Reply 6
Original post by Hydeman
A tried-and-tested approach to ensuring harmonious interpersonal relations -- brought to you by Homewrecker Inc. (est. 2016).

:tongue:

hahaahaha
It's easy to feel this way about anyone. I don't know why you hate your mother, but by the looks of things it may be because you don't feel loved by her, or not that much. But it's important to remember that she's trying to do her best and it's not always going to work out well. It might seem like it's gone on forever and will continue doing so but things can change if you're willing to let them :wink:

Whenever I'm with my mother and I don't show kindness, I always feel really guilty after. Not necessarily right after but at some point. It is really hard but I suggest you try to make amends with your mum again. It will show her you've thought about the situation and you want to try things out. Hopefully things between you will change from there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Everything she does irks me and makes me scream. We argue all the time. I never tell her anything and keep her at long distance. She tried to apologize to me and "mend" our relationship not long ago and instead of embracing this I just told her how much I hated her and we got into yet another argument. I hate her character, I hate the way she talks, I hate the way she acts. I don't know what fuels this hatred but its really strong. I don't care if she's hurt or crying or anything. I wish I had another mother.

Pray you don't get a daughter that does to you all the things you are doing to your mum and also hate you for no reason.
have you considered going to get a foot massage together? I did it with my mother and found it quite therapeutic. Tell me how it goes! :smile:
Original post by Anonymous

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending