The Student Room Group

Eating out with another woman

Poll

Eating out with another woman is cheating

Is it cheating?

Now I know there's a common definition for cheating. And then the definition you establish with your partner. I get that but I want to know what neutral parties think.

I'm talking about catching lunch/dinner etc with another woman.

Issa poll. Vote.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I had to read the title twice :teehee:
As in literally having dinner together, why would that be cheating ?
Original post by Dick Diamonds

Same!
Reply 4
Guys and girls can be strictly platonic together so I can't see why it would be classed as cheating. It's just spending time with a friend.
Original post by claireestelle
As in literally having dinner together, why would that be cheating ?

So if I am with a woman already and then go to eat with someone else that's not suspect behaviour? I mean I agree it's not but I know some women think that and my girlfriend is one of them; I just want to make sure it's not delusional insecurity.
Original post by UWS
Guys and girls can be strictly platonic together so I can't see why it would be classed as cheating. It's just spending time with a friend.

*screenshots* thank you! I agree. Apparently she thinks I'm ********ting when I say this, and my real life mates aren't objective so she doesn't listen; her friends echo her opinion.
Original post by Dick Diamonds

I wonder if we were thinking of the same thing........:biggrin:
Original post by UWS

I take it that you're single? :wink:
It depends on the context. Its very possible for it to be platonic, but its also possible that some kind of emotional cheating might be happening.
Well, I seriously misread your title and came to talk about a different kinda eating out :rofl: but now I'm here I may as well throw in my thoughts....

it's not cheating. If you can't have lunch with a friend without being accused of cheating then you have issues in your relationships. Obviously don't take another woman for a romantic, candle lit dinner though
Blimey at that easy-to-misread title :redface:
It's not cheating in itself, it really depends on your intentions tbh, the same with going to the cinema or something if it's a date then obviously it's cheating but if you're literally just eating food together then there's nothing wrong with that. I'd let your partner know anyway though but they should be ok with it if it's just as friends
Well that's opening doors for feelings evolving, maybe even cheating. When you claim a girl to be your girlfriend, that means there's boundaries that you can't cross with other women.

Tsk
Tsk
Tsk
Ok so two people say it's cheating and I'm sure more will.

Please explain why, even as Anon? Because I dont see how it is.
It's not classed as cheating, if you trust your partner to not do anything stupid then there's no need to worry or feel insecure.
Reply 16
Original post by mango peeler
Is it cheating?

Now I know there's a common definition for cheating. And then the definition you establish with your partner. I get that but I want to know what neutral parties think.

I'm talking about catching lunch/dinner etc with another woman.

Issa poll. Vote.

Ayyy you're back :u::h:

If they're a friend then I wouldn't say so, but it could count as emotional cheating or something :dontknow:
Original post by mango peeler
So if I am with a woman already and then go to eat with someone else that's not suspect behaviour? I mean I agree it's not but I know some women think that and my girlfriend is one of them; I just want to make sure it's not delusional insecurity.

Presuming there's no flirting or any inappropriate physical contact then no it's just eating with a friend and not suspicious at all, I really can't see the issue :smile:
Original post by Jenx301
Well, I seriously misread your title and came to talk about a different kinda eating out :rofl: but now I'm here I may as well throw in my thoughts....

it's not cheating. If you can't have lunch with a friend without being accused of cheating then you have issues in your relationships. Obviously don't take another woman for a romantic, candle lit dinner though

lmao obv not all romantic, not intentionally anyway. Just like I went over to a friend's house during the day after a lecture and she made me something and we sat and ate and talked for a couple hours and that was it. Apparently now I'm the worst person in the world. :hmmm: It just makes me feel prisoner with some insecure guard lol Thanks for your response by the way.
Original post by kandykissesxox
It's not classed as cheating, if you trust your partner to not do anything stupid then there's no need to worry or feel insecure.

yes! there it is right there. Can't even get chicken and rice these days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending