The Student Room Group

Eating out with another woman

Scroll to see replies

this thread is not what i expected
Original post by xobeauty
Why didn't you mention that in your initial post?! No not cheating.

oh idk lol but you see my point now?! :wink:
Original post by mango peeler
Hm? No it's actually a female friend I've known longer than my girlfriend. I just stopped by and she was cooking and hospitably offered me food, I'm 24 and have adult friends who cook and want quality convo and company, sue me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ lol I'm annoyed that I can't have female friends, and then without being accused of f*ckery.

With that kind of attitude your girlfriend has, you're gonna be accused of screwing around whether you have female friends or not :|

I'd suggest finding someone who has a similar thought pattern to you, but at the end of the day it's your choice whether you want to continue dating her or not

We weren't "going out to dinner" lol it was a homecooked meal; going out to dinner sounds like a date O_o

That's exactly how your opening post sounds, you wally
Ok thank you. It really was just casual but substantial convo and a quick meal. It's not even about the location which was her flat, it's the general insecurity. When I was getting hollered at and interrogated, she only mentioned the fact about it being with another woman. Not where we were, tbh I can't even remember if I even was able to get that far into the story to tell her lol

I think she was overreacting and you need to speak to her about you needing her to be okay when you want to spend time with friends as she clearly has nothing to worry about.
Original post by Imperion
JFC MAN change the title :colonhash:

can't
Is it cheating?

Now I know there's a common definition for cheating. And then the definition you establish with your partner. I get that but I want to know what neutral parties think.

I'm talking about catching lunch/dinner etc with another woman.

Issa poll. Vote.

No its not. Men are allowed to have platonic female friends.

if your gf gets insecure about you having lunch with female friend, she's crazy.
Someone mentioned emotional cheating. Which women came up with? lol :redface:I'm old school, if we're not having sex shut the hell up.

How would she know it was emotional cheating if she wasn't there though? You said you've known this friend longer than you've been with your girlfriend, therefore I reckon she needs to stfu. If you two were going to get it on it probably would have happened by now. I had a friend I'd known for 6 years who started dating an extremely insecure woman he met online and long story short we aren't allowed to talk any more. She got extremely pissed one time when we were hanging out in a group and she heard my voice in the background and flipped out (she's never met me). Effing ridiculous. Don't give up a friend for someone else's satisfaction.
If you don't hide it from your significant other ! AND both parties at lunch know the deal (i.e - PLATONIC) it should be no problem...
Original post by UWS
Guys and girls can be strictly platonic together so I can't see why it would be classed as cheating. It's just spending time with a friend.

Correction.

Guys and girls can only be completely platonic when the guy is in a relationship.

Scenarios:

Single guy / single girl: Guy will likley want to bone girl
Single guy / girl has bf: Guy will likely want to bone girl
Guy has gf / single girl: This is the only way a true platonic relationship can happen
also , gosh that title was a work of art...because of the subsequent innocence of the thread lol
Original post by Another
With that kind of attitude your girlfriend has, you're gonna be accused of screwing around whether you have female friends or not :|

I'd suggest finding someone who has a similar thought pattern to you, but at the end of the day it's your choice whether you want to continue dating her or not

Yea well I don't know her thinking until we stumble across things like this so you're right about where do we go from here. It's not...that deep yet but...it went from 0-100 too quick for something like that. And now she's beefing with my friend which is disrespectful.
oh idk lol but you see my point now?! :wink:

Yea yea... Your initial post made it seem like you guys went out on a romantic dinner.

But I'd feel some type of way if someone else made my man dinner, I'd be bitter too lol but it's not that serious to be dragging it on.
Original post by KimberleyLDN
If you don't hide it from your significant other ! AND both parties at lunch know the deal (i.e - PLATONIC) it should be no problem...

you mean if my friend knows I have a girl?
Its not cheating. Although it depends what this dinner is.
Original post by xobeauty
Yea yea... Your initial post made it seem like you guys went out on a romantic dinner.

But I'd feel some type of way if someone else made my man dinner, I'd be bitter too lol but it's not that serious to be dragging it on.

lol i see well...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wasn't made for me per se I just...came round at the right time.
imo
having a ONE on ONE dinner
sounds sus.
you two could be feet-fondling underneath the table.
best you go with a group of friends, why does it need to be alone?
Yea well I don't know her thinking until we stumble across things like this so you're right about where do we go from here. It's not...that deep yet but...it went from 0-100 too quick for something like that. And now she's beefing with my friend which is disrespectful.

I find it really hard to believe that she's never had lunch with a male friend before, purely because free food was avaliable. I also dislike it when people air out their relationship arguments to everyone's grandmother and their cats, but I digress.

If it's early days, then there's still a chance she could change in the coming months. If she's about 23 or older though, probably set in her ways, I wouldn't bank on it.
lol i see well...¯\_(ツ)_/¯ wasn't made for me per se I just...came round at the right time.

Well I hope you were clear with her when you brought it up and wasn't like " I had dinner with this girl at her house", I wouldn't blame her for thinking the worst. As you weren't so clear with your post and got some of us thinking something else.
Original post by Kholmes1
Its not cheating. Although it depends what this dinner is.

Oh, nothing much

(Just some curry chicken with shredded roti and choka over rice :colone:)
Original post by alkaline.
imo
having a ONE on ONE dinner
sounds sus.
you two could be feet-fondling underneath the table.
best you go with a group of friends, why does it need to be alone?

omg :facepalm2: do you not visit mates at their house? We're mature adults who don't play footsie when we want a bite and rich convo. If we wanted to **** we would have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending