The Student Room Group

Eating out with another woman

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mango peeler
you mean if my friend knows I have a girl?

Someone made a good point earlier, it only matters what your girl thinks, it's not about you being right or wrong, her feelings are valid, so you need to talk about that.

Also it doesn't help that this wasn't in public! Inside is a little intimate but still I wouldn't say 'cheating', just ...a little sticky....

But yes, I mean the friend knows you have a girl, the friend does not like you and lastly your girl is informed prior, during or after this lunch by you(rself) =not cheating, in my neutral opinion.
Original post by Another
I find it really hard to believe that she's never had lunch with a male friend before, purely because free food was avaliable. I also dislike it when people air out their relationship arguments to everyone's grandmother and their cats, but I digress.

If it's early days, then there's still a chance she could change in the coming months. If she's about 23 or older though, probably set in her ways, I wouldn't bank on it.

lol yea she is
and no she's traditional, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she's never done that. So I get pissed when I don't get that reciprocity and trust from her back. But whatever.
omg :facepalm2: do you not visit mates at their house? We're mature adults who don't play footsie when we want a bite and rich convo. If we wanted to **** we would have.

never go to a guys house alone unless I secretly like him, guess cause I'm not an adult yet.
no yeah I understand about the "rich" convo and all this mango peeling malarky.
Reply 63
Original post by Ronda Rousey
Correction.

Guys and girls can only be completely platonic when the guy is in a relationship.

Scenarios:

Single guy / single girl: Guy will likley want to bone girl
Single guy / girl has bf: Guy will likely want to bone girl
Guy has gf / single girl: This is the only way a true platonic relationship can happen

Lol what correction? I have female friends that I wouldn't want to bone. I still stand by my statement.
Original post by xobeauty
Well I hope you were clear with her when you brought it up and wasn't like " I had dinner with this girl at her house", I wouldn't blame her for thinking the worst. As you weren't so clear with your post and got some of us thinking something else.

:erm: she asked where I've been I said with [friend's name, who she knows kinda] and had a quick bite
now she has more issues with my friend than me, my friend is not loose but...friendly....
Original post by UWS
Lol what correction? I have female friends that I wouldn't want to bone. I still stand by my statement.

Yes, that's because they're ugly or you specifically dont find them attractive.

Guys cant be completely 100% platonic friends with girls even if they have the slightest attraction to them.
Original post by kandykissesxox
The insecurity is perhaps generated from a lack of confidence and tbh that just puts an unhealthy strain on the relationship.

Trusting your partner and your partner being able to reciprocate that trust are signs of a strong foundation. Then again trust is built gradually and its not all plain sailing.

I agree it can be lack of confidence but I just feel she might be intimidated by my friend with some trust issues in me on the side. Not sure how valid either of it is.
Yes, that's because they're ugly or you specifically dont find them attractive.

Guys cant be completely 100% platonic friends with girls even if they have the slightest attraction to them.

:facepalm:
Original post by KimberleyLDN
Someone made a good point earlier, it only matters what your girl thinks, it's not about you being right or wrong, her feelings are valid, so you need to talk about that.

Also it doesn't help that this wasn't in public! Inside is a little intimate but still I wouldn't say 'cheating', just ...a little sticky....

But yes, I mean the friend knows you have a girl, the friend does not like you and lastly your girl is informed prior, during or after this lunch by you(rself) =not cheating, in my neutral opinion.

I feel in public it would be worse! Like we're on a date or some ****. We're in public so people will see us and gossip. Not that we were inside to avoid it like we're up to something. It's...I don't know.

I don't even have the energy to discuss the female friend thing. lol
:erm: she asked where I've been I said with [friend's name, who she knows kinda] and had a quick bite
now she has more issues with my friend than me, my friend is not loose but...friendly....

Why didn't explain it to her like how you explained here. Lawdness.
:facepalm:

I love how all of a sudden you're suddenly as guru on relationships, when you're the one that made this thread :facepalm:
Ok if you respond and I don't get back I have fallen asleep lol. Thanks everyone:adore: :ciao:
*screenshots* thank you! I agree. Apparently she thinks I'm ********ting when I say this, and my real life mates aren't objective so she doesn't listen; her friends echo her opinion.

Friends often echo opinions, just to back up their friend. I bet if she'd have described having dinner with a guy friend, they would have had the opposite opinion.

No, there's nothing objectively wrong with it, but you already know this. I would not consider it cheating if a partner did it.
lol yea she is
and no she's traditional, so I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that she's never done that. So I get pissed when I don't get that reciprocity and trust from her back. But whatever.

Unless by "traditional" you mean "strict muslim who doesn't believe in free mixing", I'm not entirely sure how you get to age 23 without visiting a friend for lunch :lolwut:
You're... on the same maturity level right?
lmao obv not all romantic, not intentionally anyway. Just like I went over to a friend's house during the day after a lecture and she made me something and we sat and ate and talked for a couple hours and that was it. Apparently now I'm the worst person in the world. :hmmm: It just makes me feel prisoner with some insecure guard lol Thanks for your response by the way.

Very controlling girlfriend. Time to get rid ^_^. Freeeedommm!!!
Correction.

Guys and girls can only be completely platonic when the guy is in a relationship.

Scenarios:

Single guy / single girl: Guy will likley want to bone girl
Single guy / girl has bf: Guy will likely want to bone girl
Guy has gf / single girl: This is the only way a true platonic relationship can happen

Nice opinion, but projecting what you feel to every other member of the human species is a little egotistic, or at the very least naive, is is not?

You've overgeneralised relationships to a point where it's laughable.
It's a ****ing meal ffs.

Jesus Christ.
Original post by _Bright Eyes
Nice opinion, but projecting what you feel to every other member of the human species is a little egotistic, or at the very least naive, is is not?

You've overgeneralised relationships to a point where it's laughable.

This always happens on TSR. People take things too literally.

of course when people make statements about society like I have, they never mean for every possible instance that could occur. What they mean is for most instances this is the rule, but ofc like any rule there will be a few exceptions.

Like one guy already said he has platonic female friends, and I'm sure he does. What he failed to mention however is that these friends are likely ugly, or he's specifically not attracted to them.

if he was attracted to them, it would be impossible for them to be 100% platonic friends.
(edited 8 years ago)
Is it cheating?

Now I know there's a common definition for cheating. And then the definition you establish with your partner. I get that but I want to know what neutral parties think.

I'm talking about catching lunch/dinner etc with another woman.

Issa poll. Vote.

Hey, I don't think you were cheating when you ate out me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending