The Student Room Group

Children's Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kjade95
Don't worry it's fine!:smile: ah I'm sure you'll get an interview.. It's confusing when they say you don't have a strong personal statement and then get interviews elsewhere!! Urm I think Teesside asked me about 5, but it's probably slightly different to everyone as they seem to like go off your answer from the first question as to what they then ask :smile: yeah that's it! Which is your first choice? Let me know how you get on anyway:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! I hope so. At least the good thing with my interview being in March is that I don't have long to wait for a reply. I think all offers for Teeside gets sent out in March.

I know it's very confusing. Some uni says your personal statement is not strong enough and yet you can received an interview offer from another.

I'm really bad at interviews. Like I'm not the best at thinking on the spot and processing my thoughts into words.

My first choice is Northumbria as it isn't far from where I live and ideally I would much prefer to stay at home because of fundings. But I don't mind if I get in to Teeside as I can commute their by train.
Has anyone had the Middlesex interview & could give me some tips? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 942
Anyone at Kings for an interview on the 4th of Feb? Or has anyone already had one and can offer some tips? Would be much appreciated ☺️
Original post by ChildNursing13
Thank you so much! I hope so. At least the good thing with my interview being in March is that I don't have long to wait for a reply. I think all offers for Teeside gets sent out in March.

I know it's very confusing. Some uni says your personal statement is not strong enough and yet you can received an interview offer from another.

I'm really bad at interviews. Like I'm not the best at thinking on the spot and processing my thoughts into words.

My first choice is Northumbria as it isn't far from where I live and ideally I would much prefer to stay at home because of fundings. But I don't mind if I get in to Teeside as I can commute their by train.

Yeah Teesside said March to me too! Think they will be my insurance if I'm offered a place. However, as I'm doing access I already know my grades and know I'm very close to grades for Northumbria so hopefully will go there:smile: ah cool! Well let me know :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 944
Original post by Laurengibson9
Hi I've applied for CN at Hallam, De Montfort, Cumbria and Hertsfordshire and not heard anything back, my grades for as weren't good but BBB is achieveable for me at A2, I've done quite a bit of work experience, I got a work placement on a children's ward in my local hospital, I've done charity work for a children's charity and I'm starting work experience at a sure start centre in a few weeks, I'm also a shift manager at McDonald's but reading this thread makes me so nervous, has anyone had any offers for my chosen Unis?

I have an interview for Child Nursing at Cumbria on 10th Feb. Got the offer of interview in December x
Original post by Laurengibson9
Hi I've applied for CN at Hallam, De Montfort, Cumbria and Hertsfordshire and not heard anything back, my grades for as weren't good but BBB is achieveable for me at A2, I've done quite a bit of work experience, I got a work placement on a children's ward in my local hospital, I've done charity work for a children's charity and I'm starting work experience at a sure start centre in a few weeks, I'm also a shift manager at McDonald's but reading this thread makes me so nervous, has anyone had any offers for my chosen Unis?

I received an offer from DMU and Hallam for child nursing. You have loads of experience. If you don't mind me asking what did you get at as? A lot of people don't do as well
Original post by topdot12
I received an offer from DMU and Hallam for child nursing. You have loads of experience. If you don't mind me asking what did you get at as? A lot of people don't do as well

Hey. I had an ibterview for child nursing at DMU 2 weeks ago. I thought it webt really well. My best interview yet. But I still haven't heard anything. How long did it take them to get back to you? Were you confident that you had done well? x
Original post by topdot12

Hey I got offers from dmu and Sheffield Hallam also! Do you know where you want to go yet??
Reply 948
hi! im just wondering has anyone had an interview or received offers for childrens at manchester university?
Original post by oh504
hi! im just wondering has anyone had an interview or received offers for childrens at manchester university?

My interview would have been last Wednesday but I withdrew my application.
Reply 950
Original post by Jolleigh
My interview would have been last Wednesday but I withdrew my application.

why did you withdraw can i ask?
Original post by oh504
why did you withdraw can i ask?

I visited both Salford and Manchester and really disliked the atmosphere at Manchester and found the day impersonal and disorganised. It probably has much more appeal for younger students due to its location and the social side of things though. Once I received an offer from Salford (I found things suited me far better there) I didn't want to waste Manchester's time...they have changed the way they interview this year and won't be getting through as many students as they have previously. Didn't seem right to take a slot they could offer someone else.
Reply 952
Oh congratulations on your offer! That's good at least you know salfords the right one for you!:smile:
Original post by oh504
Oh congratulations on your offer! That's good at least you know salfords the right one for you!:smile:

Thank you :smile: yep, Salford was definitely the best fit. I was very tempted to go to the Manchester one just to see if I could get in though!

You're interviewing at Manchester soon?
Reply 954
Does anyone know how long it usually takes Salford to get back to you after an interview?
Reply 955
Original post by oh504

I have one on the 10th so nervous 😁
Reply 956
Original post by Jolleigh
Thank you :smile: yep, Salford was definitely the best fit. I was very tempted to go to the Manchester one just to see if I could get in though!

You're interviewing at Manchester soon?

yes on the 17th, I'm quite nervous
Anyone heard back from Bradford ?
Original post by Ao1811
Does anyone know how long it usually takes Salford to get back to you after an interview?

Salford got back to me with rejection within a week of applying :frown: (15th Jan). It appeared I had missed off English Language GCSE from my application!! I know... I KNOW!! Have been in touch and was asked to send an email with my certificate attached so fingers crossed they will reassess soon!

Still waiting for 3 of the others to get in touch...got invitation to interview from Manchester yesterday though so was quite pleased :smile:
Original post by Helenroutledge
Anyone heard back from Bradford ?

Still waiting... They have asked for clarification of quals though so they are working on them so hopefully will here something soon............

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending