The Student Room Group

US Presidential race - Iowa caucuses - Clinton edges Sanders, Cruz beats Trump

Scroll to see replies

Democratic near-halfway stage:

Feel very sorry for O'Malley but go Team Corbyn Bernie!!!!!!!!
Percentage wise what would be considered a "victory" for Sanders in your opinion, given where he was even a few months ago?
Original post by Metrododo
Percentage wise what would be considered a "victory" for Sanders in your opinion, given where he was even a few months ago?

x % = Sanders
y % = Clinton

victory for Sanders where x > y

Hadn't even heard of Sanders until just before Christmas.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Why is it that democrat reporting is so much faster, is it because it's basically a two horse race with not many more candidates vs a three horse race with about a dozen?

Yeah I'm guessing it's because of this.
Original post by queen clunge
If Sanders can't win in Iowa where can he win...

NH
@MrDystopia Any chance of getting a poll up of TSR's preferred candidate from the two parties?
We're going to see a Trump and Bernie surge yet, guys. It's coming.

x % = Sanders
y % = Clinton

Top post, very accurate.
Original post by MrDystopia
Yeah I'm guessing it's because of this.

Although watching the video on the site linked about it you would have thought that the Republican one would be much faster, it being a much simpler more streamlined system.
Original post by PetrosAC
@MrDystopia Any chance of getting a poll up of TSR's preferred candidate from the two parties?

If you mean on the site wide poll, that would be something you should message the CT about since they set the poll :yy:

If you mean for this thread, sadly I can't edit one in since I've no powers in this section.
Personally I'm disappointed that Huckabee's spectacular Adele ad hasn't made more of an impact.
x % = Sanders
y % = Clinton

Obviously, but I meant given that not too long ago Clinton had more than a 2:1 lead on him in the polls, a score of 48% here to start the race could be a "victory" in itself and encouraging for the future elections?
Trump won't be too worried, Iowa was always going to favour Cruz.
If you mean on the site wide poll, that would be something you should message the CT about since they set the poll :yy:

If you mean for this thread, sadly I can't edit one in since I've no powers in this section.

As you are OP can't you just start a Poll? (I did mean in the thread)
Obviously, but I meant given that not too long ago Clinton had more than a 2:1 lead on him in the polls, a score of 48% here to start the race could be a "victory" in itself and encouraging for the future elections?

In terms of giving him a chance of winning, not really. Sanders is still trailing Hilary by a significant margin in national polls. NH and Iowa are the main two where he has been as having a chance. If he doesn't win Iowa (as it doesn't seem he will), it will be pretty clear sailing for Clinton from here-on-in.
Original post by PetrosAC
As you are OP can't you just start a Poll? (I did mean in the thread)

Seems like there's no option for starting a poll once the thread has been submitted sadly. I'll keep that in mind for the next primaries though.
Clinton down to 2.5% lead.
Seems like there's no option for starting a poll once the thread has been submitted sadly. I'll keep that in mind for the next primaries though.

Is it not in tools?

That's a shame. I expect Sanders to win any poll on TSR anyway :tongue:
Clinton-Sanders gap has been slowly shrinking for a while. Earlier in the night Clinton was up by more than 6%. At time of writing it's now just 2.5%.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anarchism101
Clinton-Sanders gap has been slowly shrinking for a while. Earlier in the night Clinton was up by more than 6%. At time of writing it's now just 2.5%.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Rubio is also catching Trump and Cruz. He was off by 15% at one point. It's now around 6%

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending