Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by Hedwig24
Got rejected for Biomedical Sciences.
11A*s gcse
4As at AS
Predicted A*A*A in Chem maths and bio

Posted from TSR Mobile

You can't be serious! Those are brilliant grades! I really hope you've gotten somewhere as good or better with those! Any specific reason they've rejected you do you think? When did you apply?
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 1501
Original post by voxdock
Almost a carbon copy of your grades apart from my predicted grades were slightly worse and I got rejected too lol

Which course s this? Must be ultra competitive! All the best with all your other applications!
Original post by LordGaben
you were right! I got my offer today! :biggrin:

Well done!! :biggrin: What are the conditions?
Original post by ffiorentini
Well done!! :biggrin: What are the conditions?

Thank you! Unconditional :biggrin: I already achieved A*A*A in Chemistry, Biology and Maths (post a level applicant)
Reply 1504
Original post by elen90
Has anyone heard back from Liberal Arts?

I have that nasty feeling that if I haven't heard back by now, it's bad news.

I applied for Liberal Arts too and I'm still waiting, I applied in November
Original post by TitanCream
If it helps I applied for Classics which included Ancient History. Probably not too much help but I got an offer just under two months from applying.

Thanks for the response :smile: I applied in October so I have been waiting quite a while but I'm putting that down to my application having to go through two faculties (history and classics). Ah the impatience grows...
Original post by alow
Also known as "I got rejected by Oxford/Cambridge.".

Also known as "I got in to a more famous university so you peasants be gone"

And your point is?

Yes, I can see where your coming from; Oxbridge at the end of the day are very revered establishments that provide high quality education, but they're not the only ones! There are many fantastic universities out there that produce fantastic graduates. Congratulations if you have got a place there, and I do mean that sincerely as it is an achievement, but be aware that you have offended people and that undermines it somewhat.

This is 'The Student Room' where we share advice and information to help each other out. This is a thread for people who are hoping to get into Durham, who value further education and continuing their studies, and it just so happens they want to do so at this institution. This is not a place where you brag about the university you have got into to make yourself feel special by deriding the choices of others.

Stop seeking to offend people here please!
Original post by AunAb
You can't be serious! Those are brilliant grades! I really hope you've gotten somewhere as good or better with those! Any specific reason they've rejected you do you think? When did you apply?

Thanks! I am applying for medicine primarily and submitted a separate personal statement so the admissions tutors would definitely have been aware that durham wasn't my first choice. I guess that's why!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AunAb
Which course s this? Must be ultra competitive! All the best with all your other applications!

History, think it must've been the statement but I've got offers from my other 4 so it can't have been that bad...
Got rejected for English Literature!
Original post by Tessie25

Commiserations, I hope you have fun wherever you do study, I'm sure you'll do fab and have a great time
Reply 1511
Original post by wryter_reeda
Also known as "I got in to a more famous university so you peasants be gone"

And your point is?

Yes, I can see where your coming from; Oxbridge at the end of the day are very revered establishments that provide high quality education, but they're not the only ones! There are many fantastic universities out there that produce fantastic graduates. Congratulations if you have got a place there, and I do mean that sincerely as it is an achievement, but be aware that you have offended people and that undermines it somewhat.

This is 'The Student Room' where we share advice and information to help each other out. This is a thread for people who are hoping to get into Durham, who value further education and continuing their studies, and it just so happens they want to do so at this institution. This is not a place where you brag about the university you have got into to make yourself feel special by deriding the choices of others.

Stop seeking to offend people here please!

It's hardly my fault you can't handle the banter.
Original post by Tessie25

I'm sorry to hear that! I'm still waiting for English and growing more an more doubtful… do you mind me asking what grades you have etc?
Unconditional for English!!!
Original post by ziggyystardust
Any English offers?
I'm getting so impatient!

I got one on 11th Jan but I did send mine in before the Oxford deadline so I was probably at the top of their pile. Hope you hear back soon x
Original post by voraciousreader
Unconditional for English!!!

Well done that's amazing! :smile: hope you don't mind me asking but what AS grades did you have/ when did you apply?
Original post by georgiaf
I got one on 11th Jan but I did send mine in before the Oxford deadline so I was probably at the top of their pile. Hope you hear back soon x

I should be at the top of the pile for Classics then (Oxford deadline as well) but I have yet to hear back so you know... it depends :')
Original post by hollyismyname
I'm sorry to hear that! I'm still waiting for English and growing more an more doubtful… do you mind me asking what grades you have etc?

9A*s, 2As and a B at GCSE. AABC at AS. Predicted A*A*A. Honestly was hoping for a rejection because I want to accept my unconditional from Birmingham, but it still sucks to be told you're not good enough. Also failed at Oxford but got interviewed.
Reply 1518
Original post by voxdock
History, think it must've been the statement but I've got offers from my other 4 so it can't have been that bad...

4 out of 5 is rather brilliant. Where are you hoping to end up?
Original post by georgiaf

Aw thank you and congrats! Are you firming it?
I applied to Oxford as well (got rejected post interview) but I applied to my other choices on 22nd October.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending