The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Non-Muslims would you?

Imagine a less stricter version of sharia law be implanted. Crime will decrease considerably. Would you be happy?

Scroll to see replies

Non-Muslims don't know what sharia law is (unless they research that is).
Reply 2
No, because you don't need sharia law to reduce crime rates.
Original post by Xelfrost
No, because you don't need sharia law to reduce crime rates.

Why aren't you running for presidency? You will surely get votes right?
Reply 4
Original post by ViewsFromSi6
Why aren't you running for presidency? You will surely get votes right?

We don't have a president m8 :^)
We don't have a president m8 :^)

Was talking about US
Reply 6
Was talking about US

I'm not a US citizen. I can't legally run.
Reply 7
Less stricter version of sharia law?
That's not really sharia law then is it.
Reply 8
Muslims shouldn't really impose Sharia law on non Muslims; they're not Muslims. The UK law shouldn't be changed to sharia law as there are non Muslims in the UK. They should be allowed Sharia Courts in the UK where Muslims can deal with their own matters.

However countries where there is Sharia Law have low rates of adultery, babies out of wedlock, less drug abusers, rapists and thefts (please don bring in the IS argument) compared to western countries where you have children who don't know who there father is.
Nope. Quite content with common law, thank you.
Original post by mkap
They should be allowed Sharia Courts in the UK where Muslims can deal with their own matters.

No. For everyone to get fair judgement, we should all go through the same courts and justice system.. Especially if the victim of a crime being "dealt with" in a sharia court isn't Muslim and vice versa.
Non-Muslims outnumber Muslims in the UK so it makes sense for everyone to use the current system. You don't see Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs and so on setting up their own courts specifically for people of their respective religion to use.
Reply 11
Original post by Armastan
No. For everyone to get fair judgement, we should all go through the same courts and justice system.. Especially if the victim of a crime being "dealt with" in a sharia court isn't Muslim and vice versa.
Non-Muslims outnumber Muslims in the UK so it makes sense for everyone to use the current system. You don't see Hindus, Buddhists, Sikhs and so on setting up their own courts specifically for people of their respective religion to use.

did you not understand what i said; Sharia courts for Muslims only.
Original post by mkap
did you not understand what i said; Sharia courts for Muslims only.

Which is exactly what I commented on. That wouldn't be fair. Use the current justice system like everyone else does.
Are you saying that crimes where the victim was non-Muslim would be ignored by the sharia courts even if the perpetrator was Muslim? Because that's really messed up.
Imagine a less stricter version of sharia law be implanted. Crime will decrease considerably. Would you be happy?

No proof.
Original post by mkap
Muslims shouldn't really impose Sharia law on non Muslims; they're not Muslims. The UK law shouldn't be changed to sharia law as there are non Muslims in the UK. They should be allowed Sharia Courts in the UK where Muslims can deal with their own matters.

However countries where there is Sharia Law have low rates of adultery, babies out of wedlock, less drug abusers, rapists and thefts (please don bring in the IS argument) compared to western countries where you have children who don't know who there father is.

Which countries actually apply Sharia law?

Ignoring babies out of wedlock as I don't really perceive that to be an issue. Do you have any statistics to show lower rates of the stated crimes in countries that apply Sharia law? Also, I don't think any comparison can really be made regarding rape cases, considering what constitutes rape varies between countries. There are still many countries in the world for example where marital rape is not a crime. If there is a country that applies Sharia law and recognises marital rape as a crime, then it would be easier to make a comparison.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
That wouldn't be fair.

Feel free to use it then

Are you saying that crimes where the victim was non-Muslim would be ignored by the sharia courts even if the perpetrator was Muslim? Because that's really messed up.

Nope im just saying that let Muslims do what the flip they want, if you dont like the Sharia law then dont abide to it, no one is making you. Let Muslims do their own things, and you do your own thing.
Original post by mkap
Feel free to use it then

Why would I use a system that is supposedly for Muslims only, when I am non-Muslim. Doesn't that go against your entire point?

Original post by mkap
Nope

Then it's not Muslim only, is it?

Original post by mkap
Let Muslims do their own things, and you do your own thing.

You're missing the entire point here. Everyone other than Muslims follow common law and courts.. Why should you be judged separately and differently just because you're a Muslim?
Original post by mkap
They should be allowed Sharia Courts in the UK where Muslims can deal with their own matters.

No, they should not be allowed. Having a bunch of quasi-judicial, kangaroo courts running parallel to the established judicial system only convolutes and undermines the rule of law. If you want Sharia courts then go and live in Sharia law country.

No and where's the evidence that crimes would decrease considerably?
I'm not a US citizen. I can't legally run.

kek'd

Latest

Trending

Trending