The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nairline
Hey what are your opinions on each page of a physical portfolio consisting of just printed out PDFs. So pictures of models.. Scans of drawings and sketchbook work etc... Presented digitally and then printed out on a1 instead of having the actual copies of the work?

Hi!
Well I chose to put 2 pictures on each side including :
-2 sides is my architecture project, "home office" 2 pictures of the drawings and 2 of the model from different angles.
-2 sides with a big model and being very detailed I had to fit the image on the entire page.
-1 side consists of two watercolour paintings, one imaginary and one is a lutheran church I did for analysing its architecture.
-1 side is an oil colour painting of a landscape from my city and an experiment I did with tensegrity(model).
-1full side I printed out a portrait (even if they said the work should be architectural I kind of feel they want to see this too)
-the last side includes two still life drawings where it shows my drawing style and the way I construct the volumes in space.
My deadline is on 5 so I have to send them up tomorrow because I am an international.
Hope it helped .
Original post by Raimonds
You lose some of the quality of the work if you are choosing printing over using originals. But if you're using photos anyway, deffo get it printed. Just really expensive...

Yeah true. But I feel as though the drawings look better when scanned in rather than in actuality cos I was able to clean them up digitally. I'll attach a page here as an example! I won't be scanning in some paintings as they're too large so I guess not everything will be a printed out pdf..
Ikr! This dude on my foundation course has applied to the ruskin and slade for fine art and has spent over £100 printing out his portfolio! I'm getting my brother to pay for mine with his uni card ha
image.png
Attachment not found
Reply 622
Original post by f3rg132
Me! I got an unconditional Mid-December!

Heyy, congrats on your offer!! can i ask you whats your grade requirements? (A levels?)
Yeah true. But I feel as though the drawings look better when scanned in rather than in actuality cos I was able to clean them up digitally. I'll attach a page here as an example! I won't be scanning in some paintings as they're too large so I guess not everything will be a printed out pdf..
Ikr! This dude on my foundation course has applied to the ruskin and slade for fine art and has spent over £100 printing out his portfolio! I'm getting my brother to pay for mine with his uni card ha
image.png
Attachment not found

They look good. Do what works best for you :3

And hey, slade is slade. £100 is a small cost for some people to get into slade XD
Hi sorry but does anyone know if theres any specific requirements for Kent Portfolio? Like number of images etc..I couldn't really find any information towards that all they said is hand in a link....moreover, I haven't made any personal website to upload my work before, so does anyone has any good recommendation for portfolio sites?:frown: im panicking cause i dont want any careless mistake to go wrong😭 it would be nice if anyone can help🙏🏼thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 625
Original post by blinkofaneyee
Hi sorry but does anyone know if theres any specific requirements for Kent Portfolio? Like number of images etc..I couldn't really find any information towards that all they said is hand in a link....moreover, I haven't made any personal website to upload my work before, so does anyone has any good recommendation for portfolio sites?:frown: im panicking cause i dont want any careless mistake to go wrong😭 it would be nice if anyone can help🙏🏼thank you so much

Posted from TSR Mobile

www.carbonmade.com is pretty good, although there is a limited number of images (unless you subscribe).
Otherwise, there are loads of blogging websites that you can use e.g www.blogger.com
Original post by cowie
www.carbonmade.com is pretty good, although there is a limited number of images (unless you subscribe).
Otherwise, there are loads of blogging websites that you can use e.g www.blogger.com

Okayy thanks a lot!! Carbonmade seems more user friendly:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Have been asking so much and am grateful for people's responses but am gonna ask another question:colondollar:

How much work did you include in your portfolio for your UCL interview??
Reply 628
Have been asking so much and am grateful for people's responses but am gonna ask another question:colondollar:

How much work did you include in your portfolio for your UCL interview??

My interview is on the 11th. I'm thinking of taking my 3 A-Level sketchbooks so far and the easily transportable other pieces. Those that are too large/heavy, I will print out.
Best of luck! When is your interview?
Original post by cowie
My interview is on the 11th. I'm thinking of taking my 3 A-Level sketchbooks so far and the easily transportable other pieces. Those that are too large/heavy, I will print out.
Best of luck! When is your interview?

Hi congrats on the interview! I haven't received one or heard anything back but I submitted my task just under two weeks ago. Sounds good though, what's your most used medium within your work may I ask? Would you say you have a lot to take?
www.sabrahislam.carbonmade.com

This is my online portfolio. Still need to add a few more things.. And I need to produce one on blogger for Manchester. Hate blogger, it's a crap site. Lol
Original post by adds24
Okay cool, is it just one person who interviews you! :redface:

yep, only one interviewer
Original post by afang02
yep, only one interviewer

Hey can I just ask about the quantity of work u took to ur interview? Also, do you possibly have an online portfolio I'd be able to look at? Thank you :h:
Original post by Ramon Roman
Hi georgia,
Cardiff is my second choice after UCL.

cool, have you any offers from either?
Original post by georgiaaahg
what is your first choice?

UCL yours?
Hey guys in ur Bartlett task did most of your purely use pencil and biro pen/fineliner to produce black and white drawings? I used pencil, pen and ink of different forms and colours eg fine liners, loose water based inks, red pencils.. I wanted to showcase some experimentation but I feel as though I might have done too much??! :frown:

I only used pencil for mine and got an interview. Good luck
Anyone had an interview from Westminster yet?
Original post by mangostan
Anyone had an interview from Westminster yet?

Have mine on the 10th.. When's yours
Have mine on the 10th.. When's yours

mine's on the 10th too!
Original post by mangostan
mine's on the 10th too!

ah nice! what time is yours?? mines at 1.30

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending