The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jiaziberry
Congratulations :wink: Any news about your scholarship? I assume most of the chemistry ppl get funded lol

Thank you! It's a fully funded PhD so if you get a place, you've got funding (really hoping I've not misread anything about that..). I describe the funded PhDs as a package holiday because rather than having the offer for admission and the funding separate, it comes as a package haha.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Reply 1321
Original post by Allegri
Thank you! It's a fully funded PhD so if you get a place, you've got funding (really hoping I've not misread anything about that..). I describe the funded PhDs as a package holiday because rather than having the offer for admission and the funding separate, it comes as a package haha.

I wish it worked like that in the Humanities. :frown:
Super jealous...... only if only one day majority of the social science degrees would come with a package like this. :tongue:

Original post by Allegri
Are there no studentships in those subjects at all then? I never bothered with the scholarship part of the GRADSAF because I knew I'd not stand a chance. I assume from reading posts on here that you get an offer, but still have to wait for funding decision.
Getting a fully-funded scholarship for humanity or social science is like winning a lottery.

I am still 'under the consideration by the degree committee'. However, without a scholarship an offer is pretty much pointless -----

Original post by Allegri
Are there no studentships in those subjects at all then? I never bothered with the scholarship part of the GRADSAF because I knew I'd not stand a chance. I assume from reading posts on here that you get an offer, but still have to wait for funding decision.
Original post by pallavipanda
Any news about College? Mine says under consideration by college

Yeah, just today! Got placement at Churchill, my first choice! :biggrin:
Reply 1326
Original post by SiaSiaSia
I am nothing but impatient, hahah!
And none of those apply to me - not even accommodation, the course I applied for doesn't require it. .

I'm curious as to the "none" apply. Even if you are a part timer living elsewhere you still need a college offer...unless the course you're applying to isn't actually a degree.
The next few months are going to get intersting. I noticed on Cam Trust website it says Awards for scholarships "coming soon".

They have removed 2015 16 results.

Good look to everyone with offers and funding decisions.

We shall prosper
Original post by sj27
I'm curious as to the "none" apply. Even if you are a part timer living elsewhere you still need a college offer...unless the course you're applying to isn't actually a degree.

Yeah, I guess I do then! I have a college but it's for administrative purposes only, you don't stay there, even though I'd be registered at one for two years! And nope, definitely a masters hahaha. And yes it's part time
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by flypusher
Yeah, just today! Got placement at Churchill, my first choice! :biggrin:

Congrats!! Now what remains is funding.
I should know of my college very soon too.
Stuck at "Awaiting approval from BoGS". Called Grad Admissions Office. They said we required more info so have sent your application back to committee. Cant tell you as exactly how long you'd have to wait to receive an update. 😨
Original post by arajwana
Stuck at "Awaiting approval from BoGS". Called Grad Admissions Office. They said we required more info so have sent your application back to committee. Cant tell you as exactly how long you'd have to wait to receive an update. 😨

They probably require some justification for why an offer has been made. I remember reading in previous threads that it happens when they just want assurance about a certain aspect of your application.

Well done though! It means the department is satisfied with your application!
Original post by BSDladla
The next few months are going to get intersting. I noticed on Cam Trust website it says Awards for scholarships "coming soon".

They have removed 2015 16 results.

Good look to everyone with offers and funding decisions.

We shall prosper

That's great news! May I ask where you found the "coming soon" notice? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their website.
Original post by Phate18
That's great news! May I ask where you found the "coming soon" notice? I can't seem to find it anywhere on their website.

From Cambridge Trust Website. :colondollar:

https://www.cambridgetrust.org/scholars/awards/
Original post by Josb
This is my third application campaign. I tend to be more relaxed about it as I know that 90% of offers haven't been sent yet. I'll be freaking out in April-May.

Oh wow. And your waiting to hear back from Cambridge and then you'll pick between it and Oxford?
Got an offer from both Cambridge and Oxford for PhD - making a choice between both is going to be real tough :s-smilie:
Original post by BSDladla

Thanks for the link, that'll be a very useful webpage!!

Any idea if the Gates has anything similar of sorts?
Do anybody applying to engineering or materials have had any news? Phds?
Got an offer from both Cambridge and Oxford for PhD - making a choice between both is going to be real tough :s-smilie:

Great news!

Well, who would you rather work in (in terms of supervisors)? At your level, I suppose that would be far more important, no?
Reply 1339

Great conundrum to have :wink: Do yiu know if either/both will come with funding yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending