The Student Room Group

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TitanCream
Oh wow. it turned out so well for you o.o

Indeed, but try telling myself 6 years ago on results day that the B in French hadn't changed my life for the worse and I would not have believed you...hindsight is a great gift from God that we can look back and go "Oh, you're right God, it does make sense"
Original post by greeneyedgirl
the B in French

All the best people get a B in French :pierre:

Unbiased opinion, naturally :ninja:

:colondollar:

:lovehug:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
All the best people get a B in French :pierre:

Unbiased opinion, naturally :ninja:

:colondollar:

:lovehug:

:jumphug: yep you are defs one of the best people :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:jumphug: yep you are defs one of the best people :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Right back atcha hun! Hope you're doing OK?! How's wedding planning?!?!?! :nutcase:
Right back atcha hun! Hope you're doing OK?! How's wedding planning?!?!?! :nutcase:

Wedding planning is stressful and pretty all consuming but still super exciting!

I'm doing okay, been having a low time past month or two, mainly from job, but have just accepted a new job to be a teaching assistant in the hopes of one day being a teacher so super excited for that!
Wedding planning is stressful and pretty all consuming but still super exciting!

I'm doing okay, been having a low time past month or two, mainly from job, but have just accepted a new job to be a teaching assistant in the hopes of one day being a teacher so super excited for that!

Sorry to hear you've been low :frown: But YAY for new job - sounds amazing and I'm sure you'll be great in this new position. Praying! :hugs:

Yes, I can imagine it being super-stressful :eek: Glad you are finding it exciting though :biggrin:
Sorry to hear you've been low :frown: But YAY for new job - sounds amazing and I'm sure you'll be great in this new position. Praying! :hugs:

Yes, I can imagine it being super-stressful :eek: Glad you are finding it exciting though :biggrin:

Thank you! I am super excited for it, it'll be great to work in a school and real answer to prayers to God for wisdom etc.
James 4:10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up

2 Chronicles 7:4 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

So many times we hear from God that we need to be humble.

So opposite from the world's view of self self, self and self promotion
Original post by Racoon
James 4:10Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up

2 Chronicles 7:4 and My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.

So many times we hear from God that we need to be humble.

So opposite from the world's view of self self, self and self promotion

:yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really need to drop in more.
I keep forgetting about this site annoyingly.

I've been in Canada for five months and I've never felt so depressed. I've felt so invisible over here and everyone seems like they're having a wonderful time. I've tried my best to join clubs and make friends and for the most part I've been successful but there's an empty feeling in me that really gets me down.

I've found my courses fairly challenging and I had exams so close to Christmas day which prevented me from being able to visit home for a reasonable amount of time so I haven't been home at all. It feels so lonely when I'm in my flat by myself for the whole day because I can't find the motivation to go outside.

The people who are responsible for creating events for the residents of this building to enjoy deliberately exclude me and pretend that I don't exist. I have been treated with disrespect on multiple occasions and I just want to go home honestly.
Original post by Mollymod

I've been in Canada for five months and I've never felt so depressed. I've felt so invisible over here and everyone seems like they're having a wonderful time. I've tried my best to join clubs and make friends and for the most part I've been successful but there's an empty feeling in me that really gets me down.

I've found my courses fairly challenging and I had exams so close to Christmas day which prevented me from being able to visit home for a reasonable amount of time so I haven't been home at all. It feels so lonely when I'm in my flat by myself for the whole day because I can't find the motivation to go outside.

The people who are responsible for creating events for the residents of this building to enjoy deliberately exclude me and pretend that I don't exist. I have been treated with disrespect on multiple occasions and I just want to go home honestly.

Awww hun, I'm so sorry to read that you're so unhappy, and that you're being deliberately excluded - that's not nice at all. Would you feel confident enough to approach these people and confront them about why they are excluding you?

That's awful you had exams so close to Christmas Day and that you couldn't go home :frown:

Rest assured we are here for you and I will keep you in my prayers :console:

Have you settled into a local church?

Also do you have a 1-2 hours a week to volunteer? I find doing things away from the everyday stuff really helps.
Original post by Racoon
Have you settled into a local church?

Also do you have a 1-2 hours a week to volunteer? I find doing things away from the everyday stuff really helps.

I will have a good look for one and try to find some volunteering work if I can.

Awww hun, I'm so sorry to read that you're so unhappy, and that you're being deliberately excluded - that's not nice at all. Would you feel confident enough to approach these people and confront them about why they are excluding you?

That's awful you had exams so close to Christmas Day and that you couldn't go home :frown:

Rest assured we are here for you and I will keep you in my prayers :console:

I've brought this up more than once and my "friend" has been quite aggressive with me, almost blaming me for my own exclusion. I've been as friendly as I can be whilst being repeatedly ignored and treated as nothing. She's put the blame on me by saying that I'm the one who's made things awkward with everybody and I'm the one causing problems by feeling so depressed.

It would have been too expensive to warrant going home for such a short period of time. Thank you so much.
I will have a good look for one and try to find some volunteering work if I can.

I've brought this up more than once and my "friend" has been quite aggressive with me, almost blaming me for my own exclusion. I've been as friendly as I can be whilst being repeatedly ignored and treated as nothing. She's put the blame on me by saying that I'm the one who's made things awkward with everybody and I'm the one causing problems by feeling so depressed.

It would have been too expensive to warrant going home for such a short period of time. Thank you so much.

Wow, that's unnecessarily antagonistic of this "friend" :s-smilie: I'm glad you had the courage to bring it up more than once though - go you! :hugs:

I think the advice about finding a good church you feel happy and comfortable with, could be good for you :yes:
Wow, that's unnecessarily antagonistic of this "friend" :s-smilie: I'm glad you had the courage to bring it up more than once though - go you! :hugs:

I think the advice about finding a good church you feel happy and comfortable with, could be good for you :yes:

I spoke to a counsellor which was helpful and I've been advised to take up a hobby that reminds me of home, so I'm going to enrol in some water aerobics classes. It's a sport that I'm good at and really enjoy. I will definitely get involved with a Church. I don't like how things get misconstrued over messengers so I will talk to this "friend" in person if I bump into her but I won't go out of my way to have an unnecessary argument.

Thank you for your support.
I planned for months and months to go to Newcastle, missed my offer and ended up going to Glasgow. Cue lots of tears etc but looking back God put me very much in the right place, and without missing my offer I wouldn't have had so many amazing experiences that I've had including living abroad for a year, completing a Masters at Cambridge and also meeting my now fiancé. God's got a plan even if we can't see it, and missing my offer has taught me so much to trust in Him.

Same here.I had planned everything down to societies I was going to join then I missed the offer.It wasn't until I got to my current university I realised how much I had drifted away from God and how I had been trying to fix the outside when I needed to focus on the inside.During sixth form I would go through these **I'd be happier when I get to my dream university & everything will be ok** thoughts.
I really can relate to you!.I am very grateful because I can see why God put me where I am - to focus on my self.God really does have a plan even though it may seem like he doesn't see/hear you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
I spoke to a counsellor which was helpful and I've been advised to take up a hobby that reminds me of home, so I'm going to enrol in some water aerobics classes. It's a sport that I'm good at and really enjoy. I will definitely get involved with a Church. I don't like how things get misconstrued over messengers so I will talk to this "friend" in person if I bump into her but I won't go out of my way to have an unnecessary argument.

Thank you for your support.

Water aerobics sounds amazing! :awesome: Those classes sound like a good idea - hopefully you will meet more friendly, like-minded people there :yep:

No worries, hun - keep in touch so that I remember to keep you in my prayers! I'm very scatter-brained atm :colondollar:
This looks like a great thread! :smile:
I was an atheist for a few years, and came back to the faith last year. Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!!
Original post by *Deidre*
This looks like a great thread! :smile:
I was an atheist for a few years, and came back to the faith last year. Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!!

That is so fantastic to hear! Welcome to the thread, hope you're having a great week-end too :biggrin:
Proverbs 20:1 - Wine is a mocker and beer a brawler; whoever is led astray by them is not wise

Gotta love good ol Proverbs :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending