The Student Room Group

Architecture 2016 Entry Applications and Offers

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone get an acknowledgement of receipt of portfolio from Northumbria....? Dont know whether I should chase...?
Original post by Maria2698
UCL yours?

yh ucl
Original post by nairline
ah nice! what time is yours?? mines at 1.30

10:00
I'm really worried my portfolio won't be up to their standards though
Original post by mangostan
10:00
I'm really worried my portfolio won't be up to their standards though

I've never visited westminister. I applied simply because it was in London which is a pathetic reason to apply haha.. My online portfolio is www.sabrahislam.carbonmade.com
Have you got one?
I've never visited westminister. I applied simply because it was in London which is a pathetic reason to apply haha.. My online portfolio is www.sabrahislam.carbonmade.com
Have you got one?

I haven't been to the uni either haha and I've mainly applied to london ones.
I only have a physical portfolio at the moment and it's mainly my 3d pathway foundation work with a few of my personal fine art stuff and photos of sculptures.
I really like yours! You've got a diverse range of skills and you're very talented!!
I haven't been to the uni either haha and I've mainly applied to london ones.
I only have a physical portfolio at the moment and it's mainly my 3d pathway foundation work with a few of my personal fine art stuff and photos of sculptures.
I really like yours! You've got a diverse range of skills and you're very talented!!

Thank you! :smile: the descriptions I've written on carbonnade are very lacklustre as I was so tired so I'm going to edit them.. Might add some more work but really can't be bothered 😅 Just doing my Manchester portfolio rn. Where have you applied? Where are u doing ur foundation?
Thank you! :smile: the descriptions I've written on carbonnade are very lacklustre as I was so tired so I'm going to edit them.. Might add some more work but really can't be bothered 😅 Just doing my Manchester portfolio rn. Where have you applied? Where are u doing ur foundation?

I'm doing my foundation at UCA Rochester. I've applied to Birmingham City, UCL, Central saint martins, Sheffield and Westminster. Where have you applied?
I'm doing my foundation at UCA Rochester. I've applied to Birmingham City, UCL, Central saint martins, Sheffield and Westminster. Where have you applied?

Oh nice how are you finding it? Doing mine st Manchester school of art.
Where is your first choice? Had any interviews anywhere? Have applied to westminister, UCL, Manchester, Edinburgh and Brighton!
Oh nice how are you finding it? Doing mine st Manchester school of art.
Where is your first choice? Had any interviews anywhere? Have applied to westminister, UCL, Manchester, Edinburgh and Brighton!

Its quite individal orientated if that makes sense, how are you finding yours?
I think my first choice will be westminster, i dont think I'll get into UCL! What about you?
Its quite individal orientated if that makes sense, how are you finding yours?
I think my first choice will be westminster, i dont think I'll get into UCL! What about you?

Yeah man I get you. Has definitely developed me as an artist. Really glad I chose to do instead of applying straight from a level.
Why do you think you won't get in?? Have you had an interview? I just sent my task off about two weeks ago so am expecting a reply soon.. Scary. UCLs my first choice haha. Did a summer school there a while back and fell in love with it :[ do u have any images of ur work id be able to see by any chance
Anyon
Anyone else get an offer from Strathclyde today? I got an unconditional and they were the last to get back to me!
Original post by f3rg132
Anyone else get an offer from Strathclyde today? I got an unconditional and they were the last to get back to me!

I haven't got any offers from any where yet ;_;
Really!! Where did you apply to? I have two unconditionals from Strathclyde and Edinburgh, a conditional form Robert Gordon and withdrew my application from Glasgow School of Art and Dundee! I'm sure you'll hear back soon enough now that the deadline is past
Original post by f3rg132
Really!! Where did you apply to? I have two unconditionals from Strathclyde and Edinburgh, a conditional form Robert Gordon and withdrew my application from Glasgow School of Art and Dundee! I'm sure you'll hear back soon enough now that the deadline is past

I've sent off my drawings to ucl, and a portfolio to Cardiff. Westminster has given me an interview, and I've heard nothing from Bath or Kent...
Original post by Raimonds
I've sent off my drawings to ucl, and a portfolio to Cardiff. Westminster has given me an interview, and I've heard nothing from Bath or Kent...

Oh you should definitely hear back soon then, and I hope your interview goes well! I really wanted to go to Bath but I couldn't justify the £9000 a year when I get it for free here!
Reply 656
Don't you have an offer from Westmister, the university of your future husband??
Original post by Maria2698
I only used pencil for mine and got an interview. Good luck
Yeah man I get you. Has definitely developed me as an artist. Really glad I chose to do instead of applying straight from a level.
Why do you think you won't get in?? Have you had an interview? I just sent my task off about two weeks ago so am expecting a reply soon.. Scary. UCLs my first choice haha. Did a summer school there a while back and fell in love with it :[ do u have any images of ur work id be able to see by any chance

I sent off my task about two weeks ago but i get the feeling that i could have done something a lot better as i think my response was too basic :frown: im photographing all my portfolio work this week so I'll put a link up when its all done :smile:
I sent off my task about two weeks ago but i get the feeling that i could have done something a lot better as i think my response was too basic :frown: im photographing all my portfolio work this week so I'll put a link up when its all done :smile:

Dude I feel like I've experimented way too much :frown:(( which is **** because they're really selective so I feel like they'll use anything to reject someone. What was ur concept and theme? Ah cool do show am quite curious!
It has been almost a month now since I sent my portfolio to Newcastle and I haven't received any offers yet. 😭

Quick Reply

Latest