The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Yeah because it's fair to judge Klopp after less than half a year of management and bringing no major players in...

We can judge LVG and call him a fraud but only a fool would judge Klopp before Summer 2017.

I'm not judging Klopp, but I think it would be foolish to think anyone in the prem including Liverpool will be able to compete with Man City under Pep.
What is this! SAF would never allow this! Sell him!!!

Reply 3582
Perfectly placed ad
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
I personally dislike how our board think we are too classy for Jose, the guy is a winner. (

We're too classy to go for Jose but not classy enough we'll consider giving it to a man who ****ed his brothers wife
Original post by That Bearded Man
Not liking where this is going, United with a worse squad, scrapping for CL footy in the Europa League, budgets being cut, young players ignored and quite possibly a new manager for his first ever managerial job.

City meanwhile, with a quality squad, financially loaded, in the CL, a pumping academy and now one of the best managers joining.

How times change, still wish him luck.

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as LvG and the playing staff are a problem. I think we have much more systemic issues to face.

I was never massively anti Glazer but looking at the club now, with 5 or more years of sub standard recruitment (including under SAF) the cut backs to the youth set up and generally less attention being paid to it, the cuts elsewhere, the seemingly low level of ambition to do anything but make money from the club. It just strikes me that they just want to make money while they can, rather than preserve the club (making more money in the long run).

I just get the impression the board/owners really have no desire to stop us sliding into insignificance. At least the scousers tried to fight the inevitable.
(edited 8 years ago)
Jesus United have spent 250M in 2 years and you're trying to realistically blame the fact your manager is **** on the Glazers?

United's youth recruitment has been shocking since the mid 2000s anyway and you were just buying quality young foreign players like Arsene Wenger did in the 90s or Chelsea have been doing since 2012.

The Glazers deserve no blame that your manager is atrocious. He was doing the same thing at Bayern. In fact the story is pretty similar to Bayern.
Original post by itsmyname
We're too classy to go for Jose but not classy enough we'll consider giving it to a man who ****ed his brothers wife

I respect Giggsy but what you said is the sad reality :colondollar:

I've lost faith in the board a long time ago and this situation is not helping....
Assuming Mourinho is a no-go, what are your options for a new manager in the summer?
No respect for a guy who had sex with his brothers wife.

Respect Mourinho far more and I made my feelings on him clear already. Suarez is a better human being.
Original post by Zerforax
Assuming Mourinho is a no-go, what are your options for a new manager in the summer?

I think Conte, he is the Italian manager currently and we could get him after the Euros. Other options could be Simeone, Blanc (if Jose goes to PSG he could be free), Poch, Giggs or as some are suggesting Mark Hughes :smile:

But we'd be competing with Chelsea for any manager so we should act quickly and get someone lined up if we want someone to replace LVG :smile:
I think Conte, he is the Italian manager currently and we could get him after the Euros. Other options could be Simeone, Blanc (if Jose goes to PSG he could be free), Poch, Giggs or as some are suggesting Mark Hughes :smile:

But we'd be competing with Chelsea for any manager so we should act quickly and get someone lined up if we want someone to replace LVG :smile:

Cone and Blanc are probably good shouts. Personally I don't see Simeone leaving Atletico yet. I think he'll leave when his current star set of players start to leave.

Not sure Hughes will be given a chance considering he wasn't successful with his time at Man City. Can Poch step up? Would he be given so much time at Man Utd?

I think every rival fan would be amused if Giggs was appointed.
Original post by jam277
No respect for a guy who had sex with his brothers wife.

Respect Mourinho far more and I made my feelings on him clear already. Suarez is a better human being.

I agree. Although Suarez is a racist who bites and scratches people, I don't think he'd ever stoop down to what Giggs did. Don't like how he's worshipped as a God by some Utd fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasidb
I agree. Although Suarez is a racist who bites and scratches people, I don't think he'd ever stoop down to what Giggs did. Don't like how he's worshipped as a God by some Utd fans.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't like how he's worshipped as a God by the mediaFixed.
Interested to see how Pep develops Sterling.
I don't think we can judge Giggs v Suarez - one got messy with his sister in law but remained classy on the pitch -whilst one is racist and bites people and has very poor sportsmanship. I don't recall Giggs denying a whole African nation the opportunity to play in a SF of a African WC by cheating :smile: one cheats on the pitch whilst the other cheats off the pitch :tongue: Also remember Giggs apologised but Suarez never apologised to Evra nor Ghana nor the numerous other times he cheated.....

I don't think we can judge who is the better "human being" because none of us knows Giggs or Suarez personally :smile:
Giggs is a legend, amazing football player and embodies everything about Manchester United. I respect and love him as a footballer.

As a human being, he's a scummy ******* and i can never ever respect someone who would sleep with his brother's wife for years. It's disgusting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There's already a thread for that topic you know
Hang tight Wollow
I don't think we can judge Giggs v Suarez - one got messy with his sister in law but remained classy on the pitch -whilst one is racist and bites people and has very poor sportsmanship. I don't recall Giggs denying a whole African nation the opportunity to play in a SF of a African WC by cheating :smile: one cheats on the pitch whilst the other cheats off the pitch :tongue: Also remember Giggs apologised but Suarez never apologised to Evra nor Ghana nor the numerous other times he cheated.....

I don't think we can judge who is the better "human being" because none of us knows Giggs or Suarez personally :smile:

What he did in the Ghana game wasn't cheating

And we can judge based off what we do know
Original post by difeo
What he did in the Ghana game wasn't cheating

And we can judge based off what we do know

Handling a ball is cheating as far as i'm concerned :smile:

We can judge of what we know, but we don't know that much so it wouldn't be right :smile:

Latest