The Student Room Group

In Year 13, Thinking of retaking LITB2 (coursework), have a few urgent questions

I have till the 1st February to pay for retakes, but i'm not sure if i need to.
I need a few questions answered before i decide:
1) The choice of questions are the same as last year (for Ernest and 12th Night)
2) When is the hand in deadline?
This is pretty urgent, so thank in advance.
Original post by ConnorAD
1) The choice of questions are the same as last year (for Ernest and 12th Night)

If you retake you will do this year's paper, so it will have new questions on :smile: do you mean the deadline for registering for a retake? If you need to pay by 1st Feb, that will be your school's deadline
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
If you retake you will do this year's paper, so it will have new questions on :smile: do you mean the deadline for registering for a retake? If you need to pay by 1st Feb, that will be your school's deadline

Maybe I didn't specify, I'm not planning on retaking the exam paper (litb1), but the coursework, and wanted to know whether the choice of questions is different to last year. Also, I was referring to the hand in deadline for the coursework, not the payment. So if you could help out regarding either of those, it will be much appreciated.
Maybe I didn't specify, I'm not planning on retaking the exam paper (litb1), but the coursework, and wanted to know whether the choice of questions is different to last year. Also, I was referring to the hand in deadline for the coursework, not the payment. So if you could help out regarding either of those, it will be much appreciated.

The coursework titles are decided by your school, technically you can choose whatever title you want but often teachers just use the same standard ones every year :smile: I'm not sure about the deadline though
Reply 4
Original post by Gingerbread101
The coursework titles are decided by your school, technically you can choose whatever title you want but often teachers just use the same standard ones every year :smile: I'm not sure about the deadline though

Cheers, you've been very helpful :smile:
Reply 5

You need to talk to your teachers about whether they are happy to support you through a re-take of the coursework and what deadlines they will set for it. They have to get the marked, internally moderated work to the exam board by early May but they will have GCSE, AS and A2, Literature and Language coursework to mark and so may need your work in weeks before that in order to have time to mark and moderate it all - it all depends what order they've decided to mark it in.
Reply 6
Original post by Compost
You need to talk to your teachers about whether they are happy to support you through a re-take of the coursework and what deadlines they will set for it. They have to get the marked, internally moderated work to the exam board by early May but they will have GCSE, AS and A2, Literature and Language coursework to mark and so may need your work in weeks before that in order to have time to mark and moderate it all - it all depends what order they've decided to mark it in.

I plan to get on that ASAP, but since the deadline is tonight I've decided to already pay for it. Assuming I'll be able to do the same questions as last year, I'll certainly be able to hand in the first assignment straight away, and the second assignment in the following week. But cheers for the advice, all help is appreciated :smile:

Typically, the deadline for coursework will be around the 2 week Easter holidays. This is when teachers will usually mark it during the holidays and then c/w is moderated just after the holidays.

However, you need to be entered to resubmit the coursework so they do not cash-in your overall qualification by including your AS coursework. But I'm pretty sure the deadline has passed. Or it might be in March or end of Feb. Either way, consult your English teacher, or Subject Leader/Head of English immediately.
Reply 8
Original post by The Empire Odyssey
Typically, the deadline for coursework will be around the 2 week Easter holidays. This is when teachers will usually mark it during the holidays and then c/w is moderated just after the holidays.

However, you need to be entered to resubmit the coursework so they do not cash-in your overall qualification by including your AS coursework. But I'm pretty sure the deadline has passed. Or it might be in March or end of Feb. Either way, consult your English teacher, or Subject Leader/Head of English immediately.

Cheers for the advice, but i've already clarified everything with my teacher, so for those with the same queries as me here are the answer: hand in for coursework is Feb 29th, and you can do the same question as last year

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending