The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2060
Original post by ArsalanBac
Anyone got an offer from Bristol with A*AA or above predictions and 23-26 LNAT?

I had an offer with A*AA predictions and I only got 20 in my LNAT...
Original post by L_Kai
I got an offer from bristol doing IB, predicted 43 776 an LNAT score 28

I only got 21 🙈 and that puts me below the average of 23.3 :/ My predictions are A*AA
Original post by phiB
I had an offer with A*AA predictions and I only got 20 in my LNAT...

Congratulations on the offer though!
Original post by crocface
I'll try.
What's the dilema ?
What are your predicted grades/LNAT etc.?
Where have you applied?
What do you want to do with Law after you finish?

Thank you so much for offering, I'm so lost at this point ><"

I can't decide between Bristol or Warwick, but I know that I'm definitely going to be putting Southampton as my insurance for Law with Psychology. I'm also still waiting for Durham to reply, but I did pretty badly for my LNAT so its unlikely they'll give me an offer :/

My predictions: A*AA LNAT: 21

Well, I want to practise as a solicitor for a while, but my far fetched dream is to work in the ICJ or ICC.
hey does anyone know when kings will start sending offers? ive been waiting for almost 4 months..
Original post by PandyyCD97
Thank you so much for offering, I'm so lost at this point ><"

I can't decide between Bristol or Warwick, but I know that I'm definitely going to be putting Southampton as my insurance for Law with Psychology. I'm also still waiting for Durham to reply, but I did pretty badly for my LNAT so its unlikely they'll give me an offer :/

My predictions: A*AA LNAT: 21

Well, I want to practise as a solicitor for a while, but my far fetched dream is to work in the ICJ or ICC.

Some points:

- My analysis on reputation, job prospects and overall international standing and brand clearly put Bristol ahead
- Bristol is without doubt the best student city.
- For you longterm goal of International I put Bristol ahead. I met a lot of Ex-Bristol law students who became ambassadors/diplomatic/foreign office etc. in later years.
- Warwick was in clearing last year for law so highly likely again so not worth using as a choice if you can get it anyway. Certainly Bristol is never in clearing.
- Durham is even better take it if you get the chance.
Original post by steph2797
hey does anyone know when kings will start sending offers? ive been waiting for almost 4 months..

I had a look back at last years blogs and noticed a burst of offers around last 2 weeks of FEB, then less but still coming all the way through Mar.

I think the big boys Kings/UCL/Durham etc. are all waiting to see who makes the first move as it is like multiple chairs once the first uni makes a move the others know better how many places they have as offers already given out are declined
I had a look back at last years blogs and noticed a burst of offers around last 2 weeks of FEB, then less but still coming all the way through Mar.

I think the big boys Kings/UCL/Durham etc. are all waiting to see who makes the first move as it is like multiple chairs once the first uni makes a move the others know better how many places they have as offers already given out are declined

So hopefully after valentine's day we should start getting answers hahahaha but i also know that ucl has been rejecting a lot of peopke and durham is giving out a lot of offers already

Dont you think it's more likely that they're still in the process of assessing the various applications tier by tier perhaps until all their offers are out rather than 'waiting to see who makes the first move'? Surely applicants are waiting till all their offers are through (or at least until their preferred choice) has made an offer before accepting or rejecting hence of no consequence to other universities. I would have thought the number of rejections is most likely to impact on clearing than on other establishments. The length of time waiting is most likely due to the volume of applications and not because of 'game playing' by the universities as suggested by your post

But good luck to everyone still waiting.
Original post by DougallnDougall
Dont you think it's more likely that they're still in the process of assessing the various applications tier by tier perhaps until all their offers are out rather than 'waiting to see who makes the first move'? Surely applicants are waiting till all their offers are through (or at least until their preferred choice) has made an offer before accepting or rejecting hence of no consequence to other universities. I would have thought the number of rejections is most likely to impact on clearing than on other establishments. The length of time waiting is most likely due to the volume of applications and not because of 'game playing' by the universities as suggested by your post

But good luck to everyone still waiting.

My arguement is the uni who waits longest has less to do. All of them have far more applicants than places. So if you can half your "to be analyzed list" because the applicants withdrew because they firmed another place somewhere else then you just have to concentrate on those remaining and you could argue that they never had you as first choice anyway because they've taken something else.

Thats my theory anyway but as valid as any as they all seem to have random pollicies
I'm in my first year, studying Law at Bristol. I used a similar forum when applying to university, so i know how you guys feel about the unknown. I am happy to answer any queries or questions anyone might have about Law, Bristol or university in general. Also any questions about the application i can try and help.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by elizacanada
I got the same LNAT score, and I believe my essay was quite strong. Except I'm at a 94% average because I am an international student from Canada (hence the user haha!) Are my chances for Kings too low?

No idea unfortunately... I'm keeping my fingers crossed
Original post by mlandslguy222
I'm in my first year, studying Law at Bristol. I used a similar forum when applying to university, so i know how you guys feel about the unknown. I am happy to answer any queries or questions anyone might have about Law, Bristol or university in general. Also any questions about the application i can try and help.

Yes. One question I wanted to specifically apply to Bristol for Law with a year abroad in Italy but was told I had to apply for normal 3 year law then transfer but that it could not be guaranteed and based on how good my first year grades were.

What is the inside story, is it easy to transfer or are there cases where the uni says you can't go?

Cheers
Just got an offer from Durham
Original post by Will9898

Nice! What As' and LNAT score do you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Will9898

When did you sit your LNAT?
Original post by TelAviv
When did you sit your LNAT?

AABB, 29, early December.
Original post by mlandslguy222

Going to the offer holders day, tomorrow. Do you actually get to chat to the professors?
Original post by Cholesta
Going to the offer holders day, tomorrow. Do you actually get to chat to the professors?

Ask if there's any offers still available 👍
Original post by NOP97
Ask if there's any offers still available 👍

I will ask if they've given out the bulk of their offers but I think there's a lot more to come. Going to Nottingham in two weeks time for
Law offer holders day. Admissions told me it wouldn't be that busy as they hadn't given out the bulk of their offers yet. So all those still waiting, there is hope.

Latest

Trending

Trending