The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

Greenwich University interview computer engineering

I have received an email regarding a 'one-to-one discussion with a senior member of our academic team.' Is anyone else going. Plus I'm not entirely sure if want to go here, I have received other offers from better universities and don't really/ can't travel to the university. What can the uni exactly do if don't turn up? Plus why am I being interviewed other unis(better) haven't asked for such a thing.
Hey,
Just wanted to say thanks for joining The Student Room: welcome on board!

How's it going so far? Found what you need? Below I've listed a few things you might fancy trying on TSR. If you've got any questions, add them to the TSR news, help and feedback forum.

Put your work head on:
No matter what level or subject you're studying, you'll find someone on TSR who can help. Find your subject in the Study Help forum and ask a question or visit our brilliant revision section for help and advice. And if you're planning on going to university, you have to visit our uni applications forum. It's full of people who can help you through the whole process.

Take it easy:
You know there's more to TSR than studying, right? In Hobbies and Interests you'll find people talking about everything from the latest football scores through to what mobile phone to buy next. Or how about the Debate and Current Affairs forum? Latest news, politics, education...it's all fair game in here.

That's just a taster, of course. To find even more conversation, head to the Forums page and find a place to start up your own discussion.

Enjoy the site!

Cheers,
Ollie, from the TSR community team
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Original post by wajtastic
I have received an email regarding a 'one-to-one discussion with a senior member of our academic team.' Is anyone else going. Plus I'm not entirely sure if want to go here, I have received other offers from better universities and don't really/ can't travel to the university. What can the uni exactly do if don't turn up? Plus why am I being interviewed other unis(better) haven't asked for such a thing.

Hey Wajtastic :smile:

These sessions are a chance for you to ask any questions you may have about the course or the modules, as well as a talk by the head of department and a tour of the campus and faculties. We try to meet all of our Engineering and Science applicants in person so that we get to know you a little better and it also gives you a chance to get a feel of the University.

If you are unable to attend, please just email us back and we look at set up a Skype chat with yourself.

Sophi
Reply 3
Original post by UniofGreenwich

These sessions are a chance for you to ask any questions you may have about the course or the modules, as well as a talk by the head of department and a tour of the campus and faculties. We try to meet all of our Engineering and Science applicants in person so that we get to know you a little better and it also gives you a chance to get a feel of the University.

If you are unable to attend, please just email us back and we look at set up a Skype chat with yourself.

Sophi

Hi I applied and received an offer for two engineering courses and not received an offer for an interview/ one to one discussion, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ferris98
Hi I applied and received an offer for two engineering courses and not received an offer for an interview/ one to one discussion, is this normal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey Ferris,

It will depend on the course it self, In general we do try to meet will all of our applicants however for some courses it may just not be possible due to a large intake.
However if you message me your details I can have a look through for you?
If you can message me you full name, DOB and your UCAS personal ID.

Sophi
Reply 5

Sophi

Hi thanks for your reply and yes I have agreed to a meeting for the 17th Feb, also is there anything I should bring with me for the day? Also can I bring someone with me since I'm coming from far away?
Reply 6
Also what type of questions will be asked? Will I be interrogated about my personal statement. Just so I can be prepared, also is this discussion the basis of the offer?
Also what type of questions will be asked? Will I be interrogated about my personal statement. Just so I can be prepared, also is this discussion the basis of the offer?

Hi! :smile:

The one to one discussion is just an opportunity to get to know you better. There are no set Interview questions - just a chance for you to meet the academic and getting to know the programme you have chosen, better.

We encourage our applicant's to ask questions at this one to one because we understand how important this decision is for you. We want to make sure that you are choosing the right course and you will be enjoying it for the next 3 years.

When you come to this session, you will also have a little tour of the campus and its facilities. There shouldn't be any discussion of your offer (academic discretion), but if there is something that you wanted to address about your application, you can do this on the day too.

If you wish to bring someone with you on the day, that's fine! Also, please make sure to get a printed copy of your email that you have been sent for the 17th of February.

Will you be okay for travel as well? Our Engineering programmes are based at our Medway campus. You can find information about how to get there by clicking here. We do have a shuttle bus that can take you there if you need it as well. Do let us know if you would like to use this service and I can provide you with further information. :smile:

I hope this helps! :colondollar:

Tasnim
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Hi! :smile:

The one to one discussion is just an opportunity to get to know you better. There are no set Interview questions - just a chance for you to meet the academic and getting to know the programme you have chosen, better.

We encourage our applicant's to ask questions at this one to one because we understand how important this decision is for you. We want to make sure that you are choosing the right course and you will be enjoying it for the next 3 years.

When you come to this session, you will also have a little tour of the campus and its facilities. There shouldn't be any discussion of your offer (academic discretion), but if there is something that you wanted to address about your application, you can do this on the day too.

If you wish to bring someone with you on the day, that's fine! Also, please make sure to get a printed copy of your email that you have been sent for the 17th of February.

Will you be okay for travel as well? Our Engineering programmes are based at our Medway campus. You can find information about how to get there by clicking here. We do have a shuttle bus that can take you there if you need it as well. Do let us know if you would like to use this service and I can provide you with further information. :smile:

I hope this helps! :colondollar:

Tasnim

I will use a train from high Wycombe to Gillingham Kent then most likely use a taxi or whatever other form of transport to get to the Medway Campus, is this the best way foward?
I will use a train from high Wycombe to Gillingham Kent then most likely use a taxi or whatever other form of transport to get to the Medway Campus, is this the best way foward?

Hey!

If our Greenwich campus is the closest campus for you to get to, you can use our shuttle bus to get to our Medway campus and back to Greenwich. The total cost of the journey will be £6 per person and you can get the tickets by presenting your interview letter at our John Smith Bookstore - it's close to the entrance :smile:.

But if it's easier for you to get to the Medway campus by your route, then please do take that route. Whatever you're comfortable with :smile:

Let me know if you need anything else!

Tasnim

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending