Scroll to see replies

Original post by sw651
Stop oppressing her dude :wink:

tsr conversation 2016:

'I eat meat and i'm against feminism'

'YOU ANIMAL KILLER AND U MISOGYNIST PIG!!!1 AMA!!!'

it really is a sad world we live in.
Reply 61
As a feminist, my jimmies have been sufficiently rustled. Happy now?
Reply 62
Original post by danr2
i guess your madre can since she's italian:biggrin:

How do you know my mum is Italian? Stalking me?
Reply 63
Original post by elen90
As a feminist, my jimmies have been sufficiently rustled. Happy now?

I don't know, I was kinda hoping for a bigger reaction :redface:
Reply 64
Original post by Blondie987
I'm a non meat eating, feminist agnostic

I challenge you to a duel!

Pokémon battle?
Reply 65
Original post by TheAmazingETF
tsr conversation 2016:

'I eat meat and i'm against feminism'

'YOU ANIMAL KILLER AND U MISOGYNIST PIG!!!1 AMA!!!'

it really is a sad world we live in.

I tend not to go near the vegans on TSR, they are a weird sort
Original post by sw651
I tend not to go near the vegans on TSR, they are a weird sort

Indeed.
''I'm an ignorant man who loves sweeping stereotypes- AMA!''
Reply 68
Original post by sw651
How do you know my mum is Italian? Stalking me?

phahahaha it is easy to tell from your stupidity
Original post by sw651
Pokémon battle?

Sure!
Why do you not understand what feminsim actually is? :smile:
Also why can't men start campaigning more visibly for men rights in the name of equality of the sexes?!

Women are campaigning actively on the inequality between the sexes which does still stand in certain areas but why are they then derided for not campaigning for men as well?

Can't men do something as well so that we build towards a true equality rather than overcompensating for women at the expense of men?

In gender issues its actually quite hard to campaign on behalf of the other sex, simply because you don't understand and cannot understand what it is like socially, culturally or biologically.

It is not a failing of feminism that they aren't talking about men's issues enough; it's a failing of men's rights movements or lack thereof.
Original post by ivybridge

No one knows what it "actually is". It's definition has been twisted by hundreds of radical Feminists who are representing it on MSM.

All I know though, is that it doesn't focus on equality between the sexes and only a fraction of people actually believe in it.
I don't think these ideas are *that* controversial, but if you reframe it - eg "religion manifests and spreads itself like a virus" or "God is an atheist because he doesn't believe in a creator" then you might get some comments flowing in.
Original post by Dinasaurus
The 6th point is something I've actively seen feminists try and tackle, not sure about the other issues however as I am not a feminist I do not follow it well enough to document everything they are doing.
If tumblr's anything to go by, they rarely bother to make a big deal about it except for the odd mental one who says it's to do with "the patriarchy affecting men too" which seems highly counter-intuitive.

Original post by nverjvlev
*"I'm an attention-seeking, rep-hungry slaughterer of animals

Meat eaters tend not to kill the animals themselves nowadays, do you live out in the wilderness or something?

Well there's like a billion different interpretations of what feminisim actually is (even when asking people who call themselves feminists), ranging from the quite rational "ye it's just about equal rights mate" to something about fighting imaginary problems or none-issues like patriarchy and manspreading. The movement does it itself no favours.

Original post by Ethereal World
Also why can't men start campaigning more visibly for men rights in the name of equality of the sexes?!Women are campaigning actively on the inequality between the sexes which does still stand in certain areas but why are they then derided for not campaigning for men as well?Can't men do something as well so that we build towards a true equality rather than overcompensating for women at the expense of men?In gender issues its actually quite hard to campaign on behalf of the other sex, simply because you don't understand and cannot understand what it is like socially, culturally or biologically.It is not a failing of feminism that they aren't talking about men's issues enough; it's a failing of men's rights movements or lack thereof.

The small groups of men that try usually end up getting shot down by radical feminists. There's a few videos on youtube around with crazy womenz disrupting meetings of such a nature.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MyAnacondaDoes
No one knows what it "actually is". It's definition has been twisted by hundreds of radical Feminists who are representing it on MSM.

All I know though, is that it doesn't focus on equality between the sexes and only a fraction of people actually believe in it.

Well, no, we do. Feminism = advocation of the rights of women on the grounds of the equality of the sexes. The definition of feminsim has not been twisted by radical feminists, it has been twisted by those who choose to believe that they are the same thing. Radical feminists =|= feminists, hence the use of the aditional word. Why this is so hard to comprehend is beyond me.

No, that is what you believe. Men have and already did have all the rights the world had to give.
It's a shame that fighting for men's rights and hatred of feminism are seen as synonymous, there are real issues that are unique to men and need to be discussed, but for some reason these issues are never seen as being as important as women's issues.

I still class myself as a feminist in the classical sense of the word, even if I don't identify with the third wave stuff.

So I guess I'm a feminist, vegetarian atheist. So at least we have one thing in common.
Original post by Retired_Messiah
If tumblr's anything to go by, they rarely bother to make a big deal about it except for the odd mental one who says it's to do with "the patriarchy affecting men too" which seems highly counter-intuitive.

Meat eaters tend not to kill the animals themselves nowadays, do you live out in the wilderness or something?

Well there's like a billion different interpretations of what feminisim actually is (even when asking people who call themselves feminists), ranging from the quite rational "ye it's just about equal rights mate" to something about fighting imaginary problems or none-issues like patriarchy and manspreading. The movement does it itself no favours.

The small groups of men that try usually end up getting shot down by radical feminists. There's a few videos on youtube around with crazy womenz disrupting meetings of such a nature.

Feminist objectives never got anywhere through a few people. It's a movement and as far as I can see most men are doing sweet fa about these issues despite caring about them when they rebuff feminism.

If men's rights is in a direct response and as an antagonist to feminism then that will create animosity but if both sexes work together to concentrate on the very different issues that men and women face then we can achieve a very good outcome.

My issue is with armchair men saying that women aren't fighting for their sh*t or caring about their stuff. Well, Ummmm, perhaps you could do something? Or maybe it's not bad enough to warrant the effort.
Well, no, we do. Feminism = advocation of the rights of women on the grounds of the equality of the sexes. The definition of feminsim has not been twisted by radical feminists, it has been twisted by those who choose to believe that they are the same thing. Radical feminists =|= feminists, hence the use of the aditional word. Why this is so hard to comprehend is beyond me.

No, that is what you believe. Men have and already did have all the rights the world had to give.

Strong No True Scotsman.

Radical Feminism is still part of Feminism (hence the use of the same word :rolleyes:)... therefore you can't deny that Feminism is, in large in the West, a taint. Third Wave Feminism is all about turning down the aircon to suit women, stop men from maspreading, etc...

If Feminism was truly there to promote equality it would be championing men's rights as well as women's :smile:

You're the biggest armchair-Feminist I've come across.

All this is described in this catchy song :smile:

[video="youtube;vRquPxdHNGE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRquPxdHNGE[/video]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by MyAnacondaDoes
Strong No True Scotsman.

Radical Feminism is still part of Feminism (hence the ise of the same word)... therefore you can't deny that Feminism is, in large in the West, a taint.

If Feminism was truly there to promote equality it would be championing men's rights as well as women's :smile:

You're the biggest armchair-Feminist I've come across.

So dense. No, radical feminism is part of radical feminism and feminism is part of feminism.

Men have no rights to fight for whereas attitudes to women are still horrendous.

Cool, whatever that means - lmao.

Quick Reply

Latest