The Student Room Group

Harris Westminster Entrance Exams

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BluBird :)
I'm nervous too especially since I got rejected from a sixth form I really wanted to go to. They didn't even ask for a personal statement let alone an interview. My predicted grades are good but not all A*s so :frown: At the moment Harris is my only viable option.
Sorry about the rant. My interview subject is biology. What about you?

Aw I'm sorry, that sucks :frown:
I really hope hwsf don't base it off of predicted because my French teacher does not like me, and has give me an ugly peg (even the head of languages said that it shouldn't be that low). And they've based some off of our key stage 2 data, which makes no sense 😡. Just like you, because my school is being annoying, I have good predicted grades but they're not excellent.

Anyway, my interview subject is drama and theatre, and I have yet to see anybody else doing this aha
Original post by Ananya._c
Same! I can't wait that long :s-smilie: My interview subject is Geography, what about you?

Mine is drama & theatre. Have you started preparing for that question that the headteacher said would be the first?
Original post by pasteldom
Aw I'm sorry, that sucks :frown:
I really hope hwsf don't base it off of predicted because my French teacher does not like me, and has give me an ugly peg (even the head of languages said that it shouldn't be that low). And they've based some off of our key stage 2 data, which makes no sense 😡. Just like you, because my school is being annoying, I have good predicted grades but they're not excellent.

Anyway, my interview subject is drama and theatre, and I have yet to see anybody else doing this aha

I don't think HWSF even asked for our predicted grades, just any we've already achieved. Maybe they'll ask for a copy of our reports if we get invited to interview...

My minimum target grades are also based on KS2 data , which I find pretty silly, and my predicted grades are also quite low in comparison to the grades I've been getting.

My interview subject is maths :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
I don't think HWSF even asked for our predicted grades, just any we've already achieved. Maybe they'll ask for a copy of our reports if we get invited to interview...

My minimum target grades are also based on KS2 data , which I find pretty silly, and my predicted grades are also quite low in comparison to the grades I've been getting.

My interview subject is maths :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My interview subject is Maths too! Do you know when we're getting an email?
Original post by AweysAbdul
My interview subject is Maths too! Do you know when we're getting an email?

He said 10-14 days, so it should be between this Tuesday-Saturday.
He said 10-14 days, so it should be between this Tuesday-Saturday.

Ooo that's another 2-6 days of anxious waiting. What subjects did you pick?
Not long to go! We should be getting the email Tuesday- Saturday, I'm so nervous 😰
What's everyones interview subject?

The suspense is actually killing me. My interview subject is English
Ooo that's another 2-6 days of anxious waiting. What subjects did you pick?

English lit, history, politics, and drama & theatre. What about you?
Original post by amarocks88

Same here :frown: what do you think you'll be asked for it?
English lit, history, politics, and drama & theatre. What about you?

Maths, F.Maths, Physics and Chemistry
Same here :frown: what do you think you'll be asked for it?

I have no idea hopefully we can find some current students and ask them. I'm trying to read all the books on the suggested reading list but there's not enough hours in the day.
I have no idea hopefully we can find some current students and ask them. I'm trying to read all the books on the suggested reading list but there's not enough hours in the day.

I know what you mean, I'm still only on the first book because I had so many mocks
I know what you mean, I'm still only on the first book because I had so many mocks

The mocks were actually so long I had no time for anything

Me too😭😭
I really hope I get an email about it tomorrow because I can't stand waiting anymore 😢

I didn't personally do my interview in English (but I study it) but they basically give you an extract or a poem and ask you what you think of it (last year was Emma). Then they just ask you about what books you read and general questions like that. And your responses don't have to be amazingly intelligent, I know kids who spoke about YA books and got in - just make sure you show off your passion for the subject.
Original post by staringatshadows
I didn't personally do my interview in English (but I study it) but they basically give you an extract or a poem and ask you what you think of it (last year was Emma). Then they just ask you about what books you read and general questions like that. And your responses don't have to be amazingly intelligent, I know kids who spoke about YA books and got in - just make sure you show off your passion for the subject.

Oh my god thank you so much that doesn't seem too bad
Did anyone get an email today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did anyone get an email today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope😭I'm growing impatient.
Original post by goldenusername
Nope😭I'm growing impatient.

Watch when it comes on a Saturday

Quick Reply

Latest