The Student Room Group

Don't read the news or go online, it will do wonders to your happiness

Scroll to see replies

Original post by imsoanonymous123
my source of news is common sense mate

Oh Really, I think you're just irrational.

I'm not your mate, so don't know why you mentioned that.
Reply 21
Original post by Coldvertix
The news are depressing, you will be much happier not knowing about them.
Ignorance is bliss.
Also don't go online on facebook,twitter, any of the news sites, use youtube only and only to listen to songs and don't read the comments.

Trust me you will be much happier and free.

I used to think that you could be happier by being ignorant and perhaps in the short term you can.

However, you can't live in the clouds forever, one day you'll get a wake up call which will be a 1000 times worse than if you were paying attention to the goings on in the world.

There is no excuse for ignorance, you have a duty to protect yourself through knowing about the world. Protect yourself from the darkness that life holds by observing how it affects the world. The news and the world wide web are powerful tools to aid you in protecting yourself.
Original post by JPO92
I used to think that you could be happier by being ignorant and perhaps in the short term you can.

However, you can't live in the clouds forever, one day you'll get a wake up call which will be a 1000 times worse than if you were paying attention to the goings on in the world.

There is no excuse for ignorance, you have a duty to protect yourself through knowing about the world. Protect yourself from the darkness that life holds by observing how it affects the world. The news and the world wide web are powerful tools to aid you in protecting yourself.

This.

/endthread
Original post by TheAmazingETF
You really haven't added any sort of value to this thread.

Your opinion, not mine.
You really haven't added any sort of value to this thread.

It's chat just take a chill pill dude
I'd rather not be known as that guy that doesn't watch the news.
Sorry but I've chosen to take the red pill.
but im always happy like in my signature on here :smile:

click if you dare :smile:
Original post by Longshot700
Your opinion, not mine.

It's not an opinion it's a fact.
Original post by imsoanonymous123
It's chat just take a chill pill dude

I'm chilled, i just speak my mind.
It's not an opinion it's a fact.

Typical reaction. People know it's an opinion so they try call their opinion "fact" or the truth" in order to validate it when it doesn't at all.

They sky is red and that's a fact. Oh okay, since you call it a fact it's got to be true. Idiots.
Original post by Coldvertix
The news are depressing, you will be much happier not knowing about them.
Ignorance is bliss.
Also don't go online on facebook,twitter, any of the news sites, use youtube only and only to listen to songs and don't read the comments.

Trust me you will be much happier and free.

I like reading the news because its depressing, because:

a) Nobody wants to read positive news. That's boring. Everyone loves a bit of crime, terror and scandal.

b) Reminds me that no matter how chitty I feel, it could be worse.
Typical reaction. People know it's an opinion so they try call their opinion "fact" or the truth" in order to validate it when it doesn't at all.

They sky is red and that's a fact. Oh okay, since you call it a fact it's got to be true. Idiots.

Instead of beating around the bush, can you provide valid reasons as to in what way has your post added value on this thread.

If you don't have a half decent answer to this, then you pretty much need to re-evaluate life.

Your post has no meaningful bearing to the OP and instead a reaction tactic.
(edited 8 years ago)
Instead of beating around the bush, can you provide valid reasons as to in what way has your post added value on this thread.

If you don't have a half decent answer to this, then you pretty much need to re-evaluate life.

Your post has no meaningful bearing to the OP and instead a reaction tactic.

Your opinion.

I shouldn't have justify myself to someone who is not me.
Your opinion.

I shouldn't have justify myself to someone who is not me.

No ****, sherlock.

I rest my case. Your post is and in fact, non constructive (i.e: no value) as per site rules.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?s=&do=search&q=reputation&match=all&titleandtext=1
(edited 8 years ago)
Your opinion, no one cares about your case.
Your opinion, no one cares about your case.

Don't blame me when your post gets taken down soon.

I love how you resort to parroting instead of trying to reason. Very typical.
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I disagree, I think ignorance takes away your right to have opinions, so no Ignorance is not bliss. :s-smilie:

Ignorance is bliss... To an extent ofcourse; It does not take away your right to have opinions, your opinions are simply wrong. Sometimes not knowing much allows you to live more care and hassle free, which equates do less stress and a higher quality of life. You can either chose to be ignorant and live in a bubble or face the realities of life which are harsh at many times.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
Ignorance is bliss... To an extent ofcourse; It does not take away your right to have opinions, your opinions are simply wrong. Sometimes not knowing much allows you to live more care and hassle free, which equates do less stress and a higher quality of life. You can either chose to be ignorant and live in a bubble or face the realities of life which are harsh at many times.

I'm sorry, I meant *correct opinions.

It takes away your right of knowledge though, you need to know what is going on, I agree...ignorance is bliss to an extent.
Don't blame me when your post gets taken down soon.

I love how you resort to parroting instead of trying to reason. Very typical.

Your opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest