The Student Room Group

My AS journey to AAAB

I just did my AS mocks last week haven't got any back yet but im suspecting they were all horrible.
Therefore this blog is to help me and others get those A's and the B. Basically the 1 B is for Psychology, and the A's in Maths, Bio, Chem.
I do OCR A for both Bio and Chem
OCR MEI for Maths
AQA A for Psychology
so any study buddies welcome
Don't think low of yourself! Wish I'd take my own advice BUT honestly, you tend to do better than you think :tongue:

I'm doing MEI maths, what units are you studying?

Best of luck with it! :smile:
Original post by Babs Posh
Don't think low of yourself! Wish I'd take my own advice BUT honestly, you tend to do better than you think :tongue:

I'm doing MEI maths, what units are you studying?

Best of luck with it! :smile:

c1-4
S1 and M1 wbu?
Original post by TheAlphaParticle
c1-4
S1 and M1 wbu?

Ahhh well this year I'm doing C1, C2 and S1...

S1 is a total mind blow for me personally haha, it takes me ages to get my head around it :tongue:
Original post by Babs Posh
Ahhh well this year I'm doing C1, C2 and S1...

S1 is a total mind blow for me personally haha, it takes me ages to get my head around it :tongue:

I feel your pain my mock was a s1 paper thats why im stressed, it would have been fine if i was a c1 paper
03/02/16

Update: Got 3 of my exams back It was as bad as I expected, BCC, B in Chem, C in Bio and Psychology. The C in bio is because it was a really though paper, even teachers said they would not get an A in that exam. I got the grade I wanted in Psychology as I wanted 1 below my target. Same for Chemistry 1 below my target grade. I would have preferred BBC but I don't mind because the biology test was hard so it is highly unlikely it would be that hard in the real thing. Getting my S1 mock tommorow and I hope to get a B because like all the others I did not revise enough to get an A. BBBC will transform into AAAB by 3 months, that is the goal!
A month and a bit update: A correction on my mock grades it was actually BBCC(or CBBC) I rushed to post biology and maths without getting back both papers. So now only 8 weeks before my first exam I have been making very few notes over that month but I've now done all of module 2 for Biology, module 2 and most of 4 for Chem, still only done one unit for psych- Psychopathology, maths i've done 3 c1 papers and 3 s1 papers. so overall kinda bad.

Easter is coming up so gonna have to manage at-least 6 hours a day of revision 5-8am and 5-8pm. Gonna try the pomodoro method- 25 mins of work and 5 mins rests in between.
So Easter targets: Psychology(prioritise cos its my first exam)- Approaches including biopsych and Research methods.
Biology- Communicable diseases and transport in animals.
Chemistry- Periodicity and spectra
Maths- 7 C1 papers and 7 S1 papers

Also if anyone could recommend a good revision website for new specs and any revision resources that would be great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending