The Student Room Group

AMA! I'm an Anti-Trans, Anti-Religion, Anti-vegetarian, Atheist

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by harmony_x
are you 'pro' anything? :colonhash:

I'm pro at fifa
Some of these are completely rational (anti-religion, anti-feminism, etc) - but what harm does trans/vegetarianism cause? Why are trans "meant to be" any specific gender at all? I understand anti-vegan (beyond practical limitations, quite extreme views, can often be literally unhealthy in the same way gluttony is, etc) but not anti-vegetarian
Reply 22
Original post by CCC75
And it's a neck, not a chin beard?... That you have pride in?

never said i've got pride innit bro
Original post by Bazilbrush
Because most vegetarians think their morally superior than you because you eat meat.

but they are "morally" superior! I'm not a veggie but I'm still willing to admit that it's more moral not to eat innocent animals. I don't know how you can really say that veggies/vegans aren't being more moral than us - it's kind of like saying "those stupid non-murderers...they think they're so moral!"
Reply 24
Original post by Rather_Cynical
Some of these are completely rational (anti-religion, anti-feminism, etc) - but what harm does trans/vegetarianism cause? Why are trans "meant to be" any specific gender at all? I understand anti-vegan (beyond practical limitations, quite extreme views, can often be literally unhealthy in the same way gluttony is, etc) but not anti-vegetarian

Many trans have regretted turning trans after a while, it also costs the NHS money that could be spent on more worthwhile things like cancer treatments. If you feel you are in the wrong body its a mental illness.
Reply 25
Original post by sleepysnooze
but they are "morally" superior! I'm not a veggie but I'm still willing to admit that it's more moral not to eat innocent animals. I don't know how you can really say that veggies/vegans aren't being more moral than us - it's kind of like saying "those stupid non-murderers...they think they're so moral!"

all animals eat other animals, its nature bro
Many trans have regretted turning trans after a while, it also costs the NHS money that could be spent on more worthwhile things like cancer treatments. If you feel you are in the wrong body its a mental illness.

NHS doesn't pay for it...

That response doesn't even make sense.
"It's not morally repugnant as it's within the boundaries of normal animal behaviour - ie no more harm than is required" - I'd be inclined to agree, except the whole factory farming bit that gets conflated in which is pretty goddamn messed up.
Reply 29
Original post by Louisb19
That response doesn't even make sense.

humans are animals bro
Reply 30
Because most vegetarians think their morally superior than you because you eat meat.

I am a vegetarian and I don't think I am superior to anyone. I just prefer not to eat animals?
Reply 31
Original post by lilylf
I am a vegetarian and I don't think I am superior to anyone. I just prefer not to eat animals?

Thats why i said most bro
Reply 32
Thats why i said most bro

Well calling your self 'anti-vegetarian' sounds like you disagree with peeps being vegetarian or you hate like all vegetarians, you could of offended me there
Reply 33
Original post by lilylf
Well calling your self 'anti-vegetarian' sounds like you disagree with peeps being vegetarian or you hate like all vegetarians, you could of offended me there

everyone is offended by everything these days
Reply 34
Original post by Rather_Cynical
"It's not morally repugnant as it's within the boundaries of normal animal behaviour - ie no more harm than is required" - I'd be inclined to agree, except the whole factory farming bit that gets conflated in which is pretty goddamn messed up.

The thing is humans don't need meat to survive. Even if factory farming was painless and all that other jazz, then it would still be wrong.

Let's be honest, we are.
Reply 35
you vegertarians are missing out

Most priests probably think they're morally sup - oh you said you're anti-religion, that's not a good analogy

Counterpoint: cows.
Reply 38
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Most priests probably think they're morally sup - oh you said you're anti-religion, that's not a good analogy

priests have done very immoral acts
Reply 39

Please qualify all these statements, where are your sources for these claims? (Personal opinion doesn't count)

Quick Reply

Latest