The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Anyone applied for Prosthetics and Orthotics and heard anything back yet?
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Any International Business offers yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have the following offers from Strathclyde which falls in same category as the International Business course - Business Analysis And Consultancy & International Marketing.

Other than Strathclyde, I have offers from Bradford, Reading, Sheffield and Leeds while waiting to hear from Lancaster.

Among all as of now, Bradford course tops my list.

PM me; will share and discuss more.
What's everyones thoughts on Strathclyde for pg business courses? I have offers from MBS, Exeter and Strathclyde. So far, Business Analysis and Consulting at Strathclyde is standing out from the rest from what I have read and heard about the industry links. Visited both Exeter and Strathclyde so far - going to see MBS in a couple of weeks. Strathclyde's Business School is great - has anyone else been? Its really new - think it has recently opened. Met with the admissions team and also the programme director of the course and the work you do with companies sounds good. Exeter as a university was also really nice but wasn't so keen after meeting the staff!
Has anyone recieved an offer for biochemistry? I sent my application I'm December and have so far recieved an acknowledgement.
Original post by massona
Has anyone recieved an offer for biochemistry? I sent my application I'm December and have so far recieved an acknowledgement.

On the same boat, they're taking ages my year head said. Have you only applied for Biochemistry at Strathclyde ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I applied to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, UWS and Glasgow. Strathclyde is probably my first choice, that's why I'm so desperate to hear back from them. Feel like everyone in my friendship group has an offer for somewhere and I have nothing 😕 where have you applied?
Original post by massona
No I applied to Edinburgh, Strathclyde, UWS and Glasgow. Strathclyde is probably my first choice, that's why I'm so desperate to hear back from them. Feel like everyone in my friendship group has an offer for somewhere and I have nothing 😕 where have you applied?

Yeah, it's pretty much the same for me haha - most of my friends have offers. You'll hear back soon though I'm sure !
I applied at Glasgow, Edinburgh and Strathclyde. I know that Glasgow and Edinburgh reply around March, but I'm hoping to hear from Strathclyde soon 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rmc1
I've heard back from Glasgow, UWS and Glasgow Caledonian. Have you heard back from anywhere else yet?

Not yet, but all of mine except this one for Strathclyde, are for Stirling, and apparently they usually reply later, so fingers crossed!
Reply 189
Original post by Jenny028
Anyone applied for Prosthetics and Orthotics and heard anything back yet?

I've applied at Strathclyde for P&O but I haven't heard anything yet, just curious did you apply for Salford too?
Original post by jess395
I've applied at Strathclyde for P&O but I haven't heard anything yet, just curious did you apply for Salford too?

Yes I applied to Salford too. Got an offer a few days ago. Have you applied? Hopefully Strathclyde will reply soon!
Original post by JazzB
Just this week accepted an offer for English and Journalism & Creative Writing. Anybody else on the same course? Would love to get chatting to some people!

Me !!! Although I'm doing just English and not decided my other subjects yet 😊
Reply 192
Yes I applied to Salford too. Got an offer a few days ago. Have you applied? Hopefully Strathclyde will reply soon!

Yeah I applied to Salford but they rejected me because i don't have any clinical shadowing experience just wondering if you have? just because i rang to see what i needed to get in and they never said anything about it, don't know whether to appeal their decision or not just because i don't have my grades yet either so it can't be due to that and they specifically stated why they refused my application. :/
Original post by jess395
Yeah I applied to Salford but they rejected me because i don't have any clinical shadowing experience just wondering if you have? just because i rang to see what i needed to get in and they never said anything about it, don't know whether to appeal their decision or not just because i don't have my grades yet either so it can't be due to that and they specifically stated why they refused my application. :/

I don't have any clinical shadowing experience either (I tried to get some but no luck). I just have some volunteering but not much. I already have my grades and a degree in another subject. That's a shame they rejected you. I would phone and query it. Will also show you are keen too. Was it your first choice? Hopefully you hear from Strathclyde and it won't matter!
Reply 194
I don't have any clinical shadowing experience either (I tried to get some but no luck). I just have some volunteering but not much. I already have my grades and a degree in another subject. That's a shame they rejected you. I would phone and query it. Will also show you are keen too. Was it your first choice? Hopefully you hear from Strathclyde and it won't matter!

Oh okay that seems odd then that they gave the specific reason for it :/ I'm going to ring them now. It would be easier because i'm from Salford but either university seems to have really good facilities so I wouldn't mind but yeah thank-you I've been wondering about this all week. I'll give them a call now. Cheers again.
Original post by jess395
Oh okay that seems odd then that they gave the specific reason for it :/ I'm going to ring them now. It would be easier because i'm from Salford but either university seems to have really good facilities so I wouldn't mind but yeah thank-you I've been wondering about this all week. I'll give them a call now. Cheers again.

Fingers crossed for you! I hope the phone call helps! Let me know if you hear anything from Strathclyde!
Got my Conditional for Computer Science a few days ago! Need either an A in Higher Maths or BB in Higher Maths and Higher Business :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by emily-brown
Got my Conditional for Computer Science a few days ago! Need either an A in Higher Maths or BB in Higher Maths and Higher Business :smile:

Hi, congrats on your offer!

If you don't mind me asking, what grades do you already have?

Thanks!
Original post by massona

Someone I know that applied last year didn't hear back until March for biochemistry at Strathclyde.
Original post by ejca
Hi, congrats on your offer!

If you don't mind me asking, what grades do you already have?

Thanks!

Hey, thank you! I have AABCC already :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest