The Student Room Group

Masters Advice

Hi guys,

I am currently a 3rd year chemical engineer at the University of Birmingham (Averaging about 85% in all my modules), I have offers from Oxford for "MCF" and "Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing", is it possible for me to get into a quant position after these courses? If so, which course is superior? I am conflicted because I initially wanted to apply to a mathematical modelling course because I love that kind of thing but I hear MCF is better in respect to getting good jobs after graduating.

If anyone can answer my queries I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
quants have phd's in maths & physics and ****. those mfrs are smart af
Original post by gr8wizard10
quants have phd's in maths & physics and ****. those mfrs are smart af

On quant net there's plenty of people who just do masters and go straight in
Original post by Brubeckian
On quant net there's plenty of people who just do masters and go straight in

This ^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zooloowarrier
Hi guys,

I am currently a 3rd year chemical engineer at the University of Birmingham (Averaging about 85% in all my modules), I have offers from Oxford for "MCF" and "Mathematical Modelling and Scientific Computing", is it possible for me to get into a quant position after these courses? If so, which course is superior? I am conflicted because I initially wanted to apply to a mathematical modelling course because I love that kind of thing but I hear MCF is better in respect to getting good jobs after graduating.

If anyone can answer my queries I'd be grateful.

Thanks,

That'll be the cheapest one in the UK. If your wallet can stretch, I'd check out Princeton's Master of Financial Engineering course or some of the more quant-y courses at the European business schools (ESSEC, HEC, St Gallen, Bocconi etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
That'll be the cheapest one in the UK. If your wallet can stretch, I'd check out Princeton's Master of Financial Engineering course or some of the more quant-y courses at the European business schools (ESSEC, HEC, St Gallen, Bocconi etc).

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wouldn't mind but I have scholarships worth over 50k for Oxford :/ I heard mathematical and computational finance at Oxford is very well regarded?
Original post by zooloowarrier
I wouldn't mind but I have scholarships worth over 50k for Oxford :/ I heard mathematical and computational finance at Oxford is very well regarded?

Take it with both hands then haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending