The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Have sixth form tomorrow so can't even get drunk to forget this utter sh*t.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pussay
Absolutely gutting how we've bottled the title.
This is what eight years of "austerity" does to you. Makes you a stingy miser even after you are no longer financially constrained. You think with time your team will come good. Time doesn't exist in business. Once a gem is unearthed, people will want it for themselves. You think giving your stars a better deal will make them stay, and they probably will, but they become disillusioned in the non-competitive atmosphere of your place that they don't bother trying. They just run around the pitch while fleecing you. (or get injured, even better excuse for not trying). Then they'll run down their contracts and join teams who want it more than you do.
Spurs and Leicester are genuine title contenders.

What happened to this league?
Original post by Lúcio
Spurs and Leicester are genuine title contenders.

What happened to this league?

Tv dollar

Likes of Leicester, Watford and Bournemouth are spunking £15-20 million on players like they are in a Vegas strip club.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Tv dollar

Likes of Leicester, Watford and Bournemouth are spunking £15-20 million on players like they are in a Vegas strip club.

True but that should mean that the biggest clubs have even more to spend.

One thing I would say though is that the smaller clubs are taking more care with their signings. You'll see £10-15m players doing really well whilst teams like Liverpool have £25m deadwood.

As great a story as it would be, I don't think I actually want Leicester to win the league. I know it's selfish but it'd just be another team to compete with, and with Spurs looking as ridiculously strong as they do, it would be so tough to get back in to top 4.

4th place is either Arsenal's or United's. One is missing out.
Spurs are too good, City are too experienced and Leicester have too much of a lead.
Tv dollar

Spurs have hardly spent big though and neither have Leicester. If you look at their starting XI from last season and then this, there isn't much difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Top 4 will stay how it is i reckon

Jokes how Arsenal are only 5 points ahead of United though, thought it was way more than that.

I'm cool with anyone winning it as long as its not Woolwich.
Original post by sr90
Spurs have hardly spent big though and neither have Leicester. If you look at their starting XI from last season and then this, there isn't much difference.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Its not even a case of how much they spend but the quality they bring in too

Leicester are only giving Inler cup runs ffs

Jokes how Arsenal are only 5 points ahead of United though, thought it was way more than that.

I think it's hilarious that a month ago, most fans on this thread thought Arsenal were winning the league.

Never change guys.
Original post by Lúcio
I think it's hilarious that a month ago, most fans on this thread thought Arsenal were winning the league.

Never change guys.

Pretty sure most football fans thought the same thing. Hindsight is beautiful isn't it.

Lol at how bad Liverpool are though. We might be forever title bottlers but you lot will be top 4 bottlers. I know which one I'd rather be.
Original post by Lúcio

Never change guys.

Some still they will

Could have called the meltdown from last season. I probably did actually tbf

Spoken like a true Spurs fa...

Oh wait.
Original post by AliRizzo
Pretty sure most football fans thought the same thing. Hindsight is beautiful isn't it.

Lol at how bad Liverpool are though. We might be forever title bottlers but you lot will be top 4 bottlers. I know which one I'd rather be.

It's funnier to bottle a title, trust me I know.

I love how your only defence is to talk about my club though :smile:

#obsessed
Just remembered why I barely post here anymore.
Original post by Pete_91
Just remembered why I barely post here anymore.

Yeah this place is AIDS.
Original post by Lúcio
It's funnier to bottle a title, trust me I know.

I love how your only defence is to talk about my club though :smile:

#obsessed

Genuinely not sure what that's supposed to mean. I already said we're bottlers? How else would I defend my club lmao, yours in a much worse state and is there to be attacked.
Like I said, until there's a complete overhaul at the top, the players will wonder why they're playing for a club that goes nowhere and is detrimental to their own progress as footballers.
Original post by shawn_o1
Like I said, until there's a complete overhaul at the top, the players will wonder why they're playing for a club that goes nowhere and is detrimental to their own progress as footballers.

Over reacting here mate.

Latest