The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone had an interview date for Bangor 2016 adult nursing?
I have had an interview at Birmingham City for child nursing😊 so nervous to hear back but they said it wouldn't be till the end of March which is so far away😔

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BuckleyJ
Hi, I heard from the all fairly quickly, I've had interviews at two of the places you've applied; Sheffield Hallam and Birmingham City. Unfortunately I got a rejection from Sheffield Hallam yesterday but Birmingham City have said I should hear from them end of February / beginning of March! Good luck with your application x

How did you feel the Birmingham City one went? How long ago did you apply? I haven't heard anything from any of the others but I suppose no news could be good news. The anticipation is killing me. Was the shu one hard? x
Original post by Sianbx
I have had an interview at Birmingham City for child nursing😊 so nervous to hear back but they said it wouldn't be till the end of March which is so far away😔

Posted from TSR Mobile

How did you feel it went? Where else have you applied for? x
Original post by Em0509
How did you feel the Birmingham City one went? How long ago did you apply? I haven't heard anything from any of the others but I suppose no news could be good news. The anticipation is killing me. Was the shu one hard? x

I think the BCU one went quite well but I was second to last to be interviewed which made me feel really nervous but everyone was so lovely so it's nothing to worry about and I applied towards the end of November! Yeah you're right! No news is good news! I wouldn't say the SHU one went bad it was just so different to all the others I'd been to and I think my nerves got the better of me :frown: X
I thought it went well the maths and English tests are easy and the interview is really relaxed so don't worry😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think the BCU one went quite well but I was second to last to be interviewed which made me feel really nervous but everyone was so lovely so it's nothing to worry about and I applied towards the end of November! Yeah you're right! No news is good news! I wouldn't say the SHU one went bad it was just so different to all the others I'd been to and I think my nerves got the better of me :frown: X

That's good then, what was different about it if you don't mind me asking? x
Original post by Sianbx
I thought it went well the maths and English tests are easy and the interview is really relaxed so don't worry😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's good then, I've heard a lot that have said that BCU was quite relaxed. I really liked the place when I went to the open day and I liked the way they taught the course it's just quite far away from me wish I could move it a bit closer to home x
Original post by Em0509
That's good then, what was different about it if you don't mind me asking? x

Because there was a group task and there was other applicants in the room when you had the interview having their interviews haha so that was a little weird X
Because there was a group task and there was other applicants in the room when you had the interview having their interviews haha so that was a little weird X

That wasn't what happened at mine! We had maths and English tests, then a 1-1 interview then 3 questions on an iPad from children. I didn't know they interviewed different each time haha!😊 X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi has anyone had an interview at DMU?
Original post by crazycrazy

I have had 2 weeks ago for children's nursing. I rang today and they said I'm on hold. This process is horrible waiting about lol but I suppose no news is good news I hope x

Yes before Christmas. And an offer. The interview was really relaxed and the people were lovely :smile:
Original post by emmawebb
I have had 2 weeks ago for children's nursing. I rang today and they said I'm on hold. This process is horrible waiting about lol but I suppose no news is good news I hope x

I'm sure you'll get an offer! The wait is horrible. Did you have the tests and interview on the same day?
Original post by topdot12
Yes before Christmas. And an offer. The interview was really relaxed and the people were lovely :smile:

Congratulations on your offer!!! Is DMU your first choice? Could I ask how the format of the day was?
Congratulations on your offer!!! Is DMU your first choice? Could I ask how the format of the day was?

Thanks. unsure yet but think so. It's a nice day actually. Talk then qualification check. You get a scenario and go through to your interview. Which was relaxed and straight forward x
Original post by fc93
Hey! Are you applying for BSc or PgDip? :smile:

I'm also applying for Child branch, PgDip.

Sent my form this morning (eeek!) my choices are Kings, LSBU, City, Kingston and Nottingham for an MSc. (So almost the same!)

In terms of experience I actually started out doing Adult Nursing when I left school but really didn't get on with it (due to a number of reasons) so been studying my Bioscience degree ever since, which I hope will be really useful as they don't teach you the same amount of Biology on the PgDip. Other than that I work sometimes for a private medical company as an event medic and I've done some voluntary youth events. As I'm in my final year I'm not sure I can commit to much more in terms of volunteering but I'm hoping I've done enough! Bit worried about how the unis will perceive me dropping out of my first course but I've talked about it in my personal statement and explained how I've gained more experience and know I prefer working with children and young people.

Fingers crossed I suppose! :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hiya. Has anyone had maths and english at Kingston? Has was it ? Thanks
Hi has anyone heard from Cardiff at all?

Posted from TSR Mobile
If anybody has a place at Bolton uni for Adult nursing starting September 2016 a facebook page has been set up.. please add yourself :-)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/173733872994596/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Had my interview at Brighton for Adult nursing on 6th Jan, still haven't heard back yet, driving me nuts waiting! Has anyone else been offered or declined Brighton?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending