The Student Room Group

How old do I look?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hi Ladies
ermahgerd. Savage af

Lmao I didn't mean it in a bad way! She just dresses very mature and I swear my gran wears the same styles of shirts she's wearing in the second pic...
Early to mid 20s, however what I can see in your photos behind you suggest you are younger than that.
Like 20. You come across/dress kinda frumpy/oldy (don't worry, I do too :shh:)
Original post by Serpentine111
Lmao I didn't mean it in a bad way! She just dresses very mature and I swear my gran wears the same styles of shirts she's wearing in the second pic...

Bruh. Double savage af.
But tbh my Asian grandma would wear a similar style of clothing.

I know you didn't ask for it, but I'm going to be an ******* and tell you what you have to do to unblock the pipes from the fountain of youth:
1) You need a big-ass cheesy grin. Smile with your teeth. Everyone will percieve you as younger.
2) Read up and experiment with some social calibration - “the ability to correctly read and negotiate social situations”. Adjust your posture and body language.
3) Depending on where you are on the spectrum of girly to tomboy (or in this case, mother), pick your fashion (even glasses) according to who you are. You could wear rainbow tights or ass-cheek busting shorts, as long as you feel happy and were not lazy in making that decision.
4) Losing weight will definitely help. Take this one slowly, small steps at a time. You'll be tempted to lose it quickly once you've started, but it can spiral into a vicious cycle of binge eating.

Now for some bragadocious time: 3A1B at AS for triple science and maths (physics B if you were wondering), silver awards for chemistry and maths olympiads, UK NASA competition semi-finalist, presidents of basketball and chemistry club, offer holder for medicine

No reason, but goddamn it actually feels good to brag like a 12 year old again.

Anyway, my point is people say things for a reason, and if it gets to your head, try to 'path' your way out of it by asking yourself 'Why are these bitches saying this mean **** to me?' and 'Will this benefit me in any way if I changed?'
Yes I did know was getting into when I posted it and to be honest it's been better than I expected, most people post constructive things rather than out and out insults and I even got a few compliments! For the record I used to be a tomboy but have recently started trying to dress more girly however I have no sense of fashion and mainly male friends so yes, my mum did buy those clothes for me. Also I have lost 2 stone in the last year and am trying to lose more which also means none of my clothes fit me that well anymore but I'm reluctant to buy more in case I do lose more weight.
Reply 65
Original post by smartalan73

Spoiler

Wow

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Looking again would have said 24. There was a girl where i worked and she looked like she was 21/22 but she was actually 16 which shocked me as she looked mature.
Reply 67
So basically without giving too much away, recent events have led me to believe that I don't look my age. Obviously my friends and family have known me for ages so they struggle to say how old I look so I just wanted some complete strangers opinions of how old I actually look?
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

(most recent photos taken of me)

Reply 68
Original post by Kyx

With the mickey mouse hat, more like 16...
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
Why is my husband in your avatar?

Umm because I am your husband baby..
24-27.
Reply 71
...pushing 60.
Reply 73
So basically without giving too much away, recent events have led me to believe that I don't look my age. Obviously my friends and family have known me for ages so they struggle to say how old I look so I just wanted some complete strangers opinions of how old I actually look?
Attachment not found
Attachment not found

(most recent photos taken of me)

Late 20s, early 30a, the clothes aren't helping. :s-smilie: How old are you?
old enough...
Okay...yes you do look a little older than your age, but nowhere near some of the ridiculous 40+ suggestions that some people have said.

I do think your style of clothes is a bit more mature than I would expect from an 18 year old.

If it's any consolation people always think I'm older than I am as well.

You're very pretty so don't worry.
I would've put you at sixth form age (before I saw your actual age). I think you're one of those people that can look kind of ambiguous age-wise - like I think you look younger than in the first picture than the second.

Also, some people are just being jerks.
Reply 77
27 :smile:
yeah change your clothes a bit. Anyway I get ID all the time and I'm 21... so yeah there's the opposite way too!

Quick Reply

Latest