The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimmy Seville

I'm cool with anyone winning it as long as its not Woolwich.

Never would've guessed
Arsenalfantv is going to be amazing tonight

Posted from TSR Mobile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cw3KK3Vgw8

A good old emotional Chris Hudson rant usually stirs up a good string of results from the players. Very good rant, didn't even blame Wenger once. Honestly Wenger gets a lot of stick, and it's usually necessary, but today the players really let him down. Too much faith in these gutless players.
No Wenger is to blame a lot of Arsenal fans look at it from a game by game basis when it's a lot bigger than that
Original post by Pete_91
Just remembered why I barely post here anymore.

Original post by jam277
Yeah this place is AIDS.

Basically.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Feels good man

Genuinely hurt to type that.
Original post by AliRizzo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cw3KK3Vgw8

A good old emotional Chris Hudson rant usually stirs up a good string of results from the players. Very good rant, didn't even blame Wenger once. Honestly Wenger gets a lot of stick, and it's usually necessary, but today the players really let him down. Too much faith in these gutless players.
"There's an old saying, when the tough get going...the tough get going." :rofl:
Lmao a United fan talking about luck draw. In the past 3 seasons (including this one) the two PL teams you've drawn have both knocked you out (Swansea 2014 and Arsenal 2015, both at Old Trafford).

Context is important btw. We played Hull in January (can't exactly call them relegation battlers at this time) and Villa after they had been relegated. Boro had also knocked out Man City and were top of the Championship.

Drawing Swansea in the 3rd round is actually very unlucky. Our lower league draws this and last year have all been in round 3, 4 and 5, exactly where you'd expect to get the easier games. Whereas even in the semi and final last year you got Reading and Villa lmao

Hull were 2 points off the relegation spots so I don't know what you mean there.
Original post by difeo
Drawing Swansea in the 3rd round is actually very unlucky. Our lower league draws this and last year have all been in round 3, 4 and 5, exactly where you'd expect to get the easier games. Whereas even in the semi and final last year you got Reading and Villa lmao

Hull were 2 points off the relegation spots so I don't know what you mean there.

We literally drew them in the 3rd round the season before. Getting Villa and Reading in the finals is not our problem if they're knocking out the bigger teams, it usually means they're quite formidable and so they proved to be (well at least Reading was).

Relegation battle was tight last year. Playing them in Jan I don't think their thoughts were too much on going down.
We literally drew them in the 3rd round the season before. Getting Villa and Reading in the finals is not our problem if they're knocking out the bigger teams, it usually means they're quite formidable and so they proved to be (well at least Reading was).

Relegation battle was tight last year. Playing them in Jan I don't think their thoughts were too much on going down.

I was just talking about last season's luck though
Sure but there's no Arsenal fan that would've preferred to play City/Chelsea

Not the point I just meant they're down at the bottom of the table so an easy team for that stage of the competition
Just posting this when I want to call one of you a nonce from now on

https://twitter.com/DrCMiller/status/694662187852390400

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/11562/transfer-talk/2016/02/03/19946822/rumours-wenger-koeman-involved-in-tunnel-bust-up?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Gonna be interesting (if true) what the FA do with Wenger wrt to this. I mean he can get away with calling a ref 'weak and naive' on national TV so i'm sure he'll be fine.
Original post by difeo
I was just talking about last season's luck though
Sure but there's no Arsenal fan that would've preferred to play City/Chelsea

Not the point I just meant they're down at the bottom of the table so an easy team for that stage of the competition

Usually. But Liverpool still lost to Villa in the semis and Villa were in real danger of being relegated, of course you'd rather play them but they'll still give you one tough game. We made Villa look terrible in the final though.
How can we expect to win games when we have a non-existent midfield that contributes nothing defensively or offensively. As much as I love Ramsey, i feel he is a liability to our style or play. Slows down transitions, inefficient and spends too much time on the ball, doesn't know how to dominate a game. All he wants to do is make runs and score. He also always hangs his midfield partner out to dry. When that partner is Flamini, it will never end well.

Our title chances were always going to be slim as soon as we lost coqzorla. Ramsey just isn't suited to a midfield two anymore, far too attack minded.

Don't even get me started on Flamini.
If we aren't starting CoqNeny at Bournemouth we'll lose yet again

Basically our ideal midfield three is Coquelin as DM, Cazorla as CM and Ozil as AM. That was established last season. We bought Elneny for cover at CM (and DM now that everyone knows Flamini isn't good enough, Arteta is leaving and Wilshere will at this rate never get another minute), as for Ramsey he ideally plays in the advanced role (which he does for Wales), that Ozil currently occupies at arsenal. But Ramsey doesn't settle for the bench if he wants to retain his place at Wales, so we're shuffling him in other positions which he isn't great at, and over time this leads to a decline in his performances
(edited 8 years ago)
in 2 weeks from heroes to zeroes ...
Unlucky not to win last night, Gunners. Forster was simply on top of his game.
Reply 3536
lolz
Well you've got to be 4th place at some point right?
Reply 3538
Original post by Zerforax
Well you've got to be 4th place at some point right?

I was going to say this. Arsenal are finally 4th now. :rofl:

:cry2:
Flamini can never ever play for us again

Latest