The Student Room Group

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nikita Verma
Yeah, I agree. It'll be the roles and responsibilities form that decides our fate :P

How do they score/judge the R&R form
Original post by Katemeister
How do they score/judge the R&R form

It is the main means by which they make an initial assessment of your non-academic achievements and aptitude for a career in medicine. I think they devise a point system to rank the RnR form but I haven't seen a breakdown of the scoring system anywhere. More information may be found on their website but I guess they group it with academic achievement and then call the highest-ranking ones for interview...
Reply 622
I got an offer at Keele for Economics and Sociology
I just got a Keele medicine interview!!!!!!!!!
Original post by hopefulmedic16
I just got a Keele medicine interview!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! What time did the email come through?

Are you grad and do you have to send a copy of your degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know why they send out interviews in stages? And when the rejections go out? I'm going out of my mind with worry.....
Original post by Charlottemc1234
Does anyone know why they send out interviews in stages? And when the rejections go out? I'm going out of my mind with worry.....

The volume of applicants they have to notify is too many. Most unis do it in stages. I think rejections go out at the end of Feb/beginning of March for those not interviewed. That's what happened to me when I applied as an undergrad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HCAssistant93
The volume of applicants they have to notify is too many. Most unis do it in stages. I think rejections go out at the end of Feb/beginning of March for those not interviewed. That's what happened to me when I applied as an undergrad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you :smile:
Original post by jgjog3
I got an offer at Keele for Economics and Sociology

Dude are you lost? :biggrin:
Reply 629
Original post by PharaohFromSpace
Dude are you lost? :biggrin:

Yup. Or purposefully ignoring the title. XD
Thanks for pointing it out.- i'm cry laughing right now.
Got an interview for March!!! :smile:
Reply 631
Original post by Driedmango
Got an interview for March!!! :smile:

What date if you don't mind me asking
Rejection pre-interview :'(
I got an interview for March :smile:
Original post by Deviance
Rejection pre-interview :'(

Sorry to hear that. WHat were your stats?
Original post by AFC_123456789
Sorry to hear that. WHat were your stats?

I am a graduate in Biomedical Science, my UKCAT was not great it was 635 but I think it was still higher than the threshold I think? I'm broken hearted.. oh well guess I wasn't good enough
Original post by Deviance
I am a graduate in Biomedical Science, my UKCAT was not great it was 635 but I think it was still higher than the threshold I think? I'm broken hearted.. oh well guess I wasn't good enough

Sorry to hear that! Maybe ask for feedback And see what they say?

I'm waiting to hear! Physiology grad 667.5 UKCAT and 10 months paid full time HCA experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
The people who heard today. What time did your emails come out? and did they give you a slot or did you have to pick one? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kathan30
I got an interview for March :smile:

Congrats man! What are your stats?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HCAssistant93
Sorry to hear that! Maybe ask for feedback And see what they say?

I'm waiting to hear! Physiology grad 667.5 UKCAT and 10 months paid full time HCA experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will do, but have to wait till April to do so unfortunately as stated in their email.. You're just like me I'm also an HCA. I'm curious as to why my application wasn't deserving of an interview so I know what to work on for next time! Do you think voluntary experience is as valuable as clinical paid experience?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending