The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

2016 Durham University hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mazzaion
No I didn't, I'm from France and it was a weekend in September so flights were very very expensive... I sent my best friend on a trip there though (she's also applying) and we're looked online at colleges together, narrowed them down to three for her to visit and so she picked one for me. She said it felt very serious though, which I wasn't too sure about, as it's always nice having fun conversations with tutors and teachers. I'm thinking of deferring or reapplying though (a gap year opportunity has come up), so I'll make sure I can go myself this time around! :smile:

The atmosphere is quite studious, which is what you can expect from a collegiate university. I suppose different people like different things. Honestly can't tell you what your department are like because I just looked at mine Hahahaha whatever you decide to do, bonne chance!
(edited 8 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by greenmermaid
i applied for law and haven't heard anything yet

sameeeee, the wait is enough to freak me out, I heard some have already heard back :/
yeah my UCAS track stalking is becoming slightly intense 😂 Hopefully we will hear soon ! Goodluck
Original post by PandyyCD97
Has anybody heard back for Law yet?

Nope! Still waiting... Any offers?
Reply 1564
Original post by eleanor27
Applied early October and heard December 10th for Arabic and Spanish- got an offer :smile: what languages are you? :biggrin:

Well Done!
French and Spanish :smile: i have offers from all other units but durham!
Original post by GigiRaffaeli
Nope! Still waiting... Any offers?

I've got offers from Bristol, Warwick and Southampton. What about you?
Anybody got any offers for economics?
Reply 1567
Original post by Pauli14
Not Biomedical Sciences, but Biosciences and yes, I heard in December☺️
can I ask what your grades and offer are? I still haven't heard anything 😁
Got an offer to study Music for AAB :smile:
I just got my offer yesterday- when will they let us know what college we will be allocated to?
Original post by Els-12
Has anyone received a modern languages offer? Durham is the only uni I haven't heard from!

I did last week and I applied early October :smile:
Reply 1570
Original post by nelizabeth_
I did last week and I applied early October :smile:

Well Done! what languages have you applied for?
Are you less likely to be allocated your first choice college if you apply later on? Or do all applications before 15th January have equal chance?
Original post by 09PB
can I ask what your grades and offer are? I still haven't heard anything 😁

I'm from Spain and I have international qualification but I have an average of 10/10 last year and the offer just states that I need a 9/10 this year. I think a 10 is an A* and a 9 is an A, but I'm not really sure😁
Original post by scratchedpaw
I got an A*AA MMath offer 13th January, but I know 3 people still waiting to hear back from maths so I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard back yet

Cheers!
Original post by Alex621
Are you less likely to be allocated your first choice college if you apply later on? Or do all applications before 15th January have equal chance?

College Allocation only starts now, and does not depend on when you applied but when you received your offer. If you received your offer before February 1st, you will be allocated your college between now and the 1st March. If you haven't received your offer yet, you'll be allocated at another time after the date, and you may have less of a chance of getting your first choice. Other factors are involved however, and you may find that your first choice college is undersubscribed for applicants to your course so you can still get it! If you've applied to really popular colleges like University however..
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Els-12
Well Done! what languages have you applied for?

Thanks, Spanish and German :smile:
Original post by tomsmeat
College Allocation only starts now, and does not depend on when you applied but when you received your offer. If you received your offer before February 1st, you will be allocated your college between now and the 1st March. If you haven't received your offer yet, you'll be allocated at another time after the date, and you may have less of a chance of getting your first choice. Other factors are involved however, and you may find that your first choice college is undersubscribed for applicants to your course so you can still get it! If you've applied to really popular colleges like University however..

I chose Josephine Butler, haven't recieved an offer yet. Not too bothered if I don't get that one, as I don't think I would firm Durham if I got an offer but I was just wondering :smile: Thanks!
International relations offer!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for English Literature on Monday! I applied to St John's, so now am waiting to hear which college I get! :smile:
Reply 1579
Original post by PunkyCupcake
International relations offer!
Congratulations! When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest