The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Pariah
you seem to have missed my point and you haven't answered my question

if your partner had consistently over time wanted to spend money you wanted to put into the business on something else would it have worked out?

There's been plenty of occasions where one of us has wanted to buy something and we've had to sit down and crunch the numbers and worked out if it was a) affordable and b) what we *really* want.

So to answer your questions, yes and it worked out fine.
Original post by Imperion
WTF is "pendejo" ?

They don't teach Spanish in British schools?
Original post by sw651
Have you ever considered being rude in English

I am usually rude in English.
Original post by Daniellaaa
They don't teach Spanish in British schools?

1) It's a choice; I am not in Britain. "Pendejo" sounds like some kind of shitty way of saying "okay".
1) It's a choice; I am not in Britain. "Pendejo" sounds like some kind of shitty way of saying "okay".

Do you have a problem with my language?

I don't see the association. Racist against Latin Americans
nope:u: - that just means I don't have to pay for her for the things I shouldn't have been paying for in the first place
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you have a problem with my language?

Nah, I have a problem with you :indiff:
Nah, I have a problem with you :indiff:

I care? You sound insecure
I care? You sound insecure

You clearly missed my entire point... Why would be insecure over some random calling me an idiot in a language I basically don't care about? :laugh:
You clearly missed my entire point... Why would be insecure over some random calling me an idiot in a language I basically don't care about? :laugh:

The fact you've just responded back. :mmm: I was kidding with you anyway,don't take it personal. Me explico? Good
Original post by Haydo
His actual mandatory expenditure is £655. He pays £60 a week on petrol so it'd be £240 a month.

Don't mean to nitpick just trying to help :smile:

ah **** skipped the week bit, damn £60 a week...where is he working in London where he needs to travel so far for such a wage? I guess he drives about 30 or so miles each way?
The fact you've just responded back. :mmm: I was kidding with you anyway,don't take it personal. Me explico? Good

Well now w'ere just messing with each other :indiff: Uh, I got a U in French and they wouldn't let me do Spanish and I cba opening Google translate (and the fact it's wrong 90% of the time).
Original post by stargirl63
hThey will earn, then 3 weeks later wonder where it all went. And I know he doesn't spend it stupidly, like getting drunk every weekend...I honestly don't know where it goes.

What you could do, albeit I wouldn't phrase it like prying, is suggest he do a spreadsheet on what he's spending each week. I did this for a little while to get a real idea of what I was spending, since small £5 type purchases add up if they're very often but you can forget about them.
Well now w'ere just messing with each other :indiff: Uh, I got a U in French and they wouldn't let me do Spanish and I cba opening Google translate (and the fact it's wrong 90% of the time).

Do you do foreign languages in your school apart from French and why can't you choose? Spanish>French.
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you do foreign languages in your school apart from French and why can't you choose? Spanish>French.

Uh... well I didn't pick any of them but I'm 'learning' German because I really wanna know a language apart from my parents' and English :tongue: Yeah, there's French, German and Spanish offered.
Uh... well I didn't pick any of them but I'm 'learning' German because I really wanna know a language apart from my parents' and English :tongue: Yeah, there's French, German and Spanish offered.

Spanish>German and any other language
Original post by JC.
There's been plenty of occasions where one of us has wanted to buy something and we've had to sit down and crunch the numbers and worked out if it was a) affordable and b) what we *really* want.

So to answer your questions, yes and it worked out fine.

so and your partner you have a similar attitude to money - you are happy to sit down and work things through.

so you agree with me. what a relief that that's settled :wink:
Spanish>German and any other language

Get shrekt m9. German > all :u:
Get shrekt m9. German > all :u:

It's such an aggressive sounding language. Spanish is so smoooooth
Original post by joey11223
ah **** skipped the week bit, damn £60 a week...where is he working in London where he needs to travel so far for such a wage? I guess he drives about 30 or so miles each way?

Yup...ever since he got his fancy 2L BMW and drives about an hour each way to and from work...it drinks so much petrol. Not worth it imo.

Latest

Trending

Trending