The Student Room Group

Career vs relationship

If you had to choose over your dream career vs your perfect relationship, which would you choose and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Dream career- no such thing as a perfect relationship.
See no why why you cant have both but perfect relationship if i had to choose.

Original post by TSRsteven
If you had to choose over your dream career vs your perfect relationship, which would you choose and why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I don't have a dream career, so relationship.
Reply 4
I would choose a dream career as i have not been in a perfect relationship yet to choose this option.
obviously dream relationship

Unless you're running your own business, whatever job you do, you are essentially whoring yourself out to someone else.
Career by far.
Some jobs are better than others, you get more respect, wear a nice suit and more money, but the fact remains, you are getting down on your knees and giving some shareholders and nice big sloppy blowjob
I would say 'perfect' relationship. People mean more to me than materials.
my answer is bucks before ****s
as women are both expensive and complicated creatures in my experience and well i love the feel of my versace suit, silk shirt and my two-tone rolex watch
Original post by jamesthehustler
my answer is bucks before f**ks
as women are both expensive and complicated creatures in my experience and well i love the feel of my versace suit, silk shirt and my two-tone rolex watch

None of that will matter when you are in an old people's home though... Sound's like you are the expensive creature and projecting that onto women, or even only attracting women parallel to yourself.
Obiviously perfect career for me, as the perfect relationship in my case is no relationship and that I have accomplished already.
Original post by Anonymous
None of that will matter when you are in an old people's home though... Sound's like you are the expensive creature and projecting that onto women, or even only attracting women parallel to yourself.

But with money you can get yourself into best possible old people's house. So it matters.
The perfect relationship = happiness regardless of the situation.

I'd rather be with someone I truly loved and that loved me back, and never reach my career goals - I've never really been 100% career-driven anyway...
Original post by Emilia1320
But with money you can get yourself into best possible old people's house. So it matters.

Yeah, but the 40-odd years in between don't matter?
Perfect relationship, obviously.

A career is a means to an end, a good relationship is an end in itself.

I'm hoping to have both, though...
Original post by Rich Rollington
obviously dream relationship

Unless you're running your own business, whatever job you do, you are essentially whoring yourself out to someone else.

Career also includes your own business

Original post by Rich Rollington
Some jobs are better than others, you get more respect, wear a nice suit and more money, but the fact remains, you are getting down on your knees and giving some shareholders and nice big sloppy blowjob

Indeed.

Original post by Anonymous

Same applies to relationship. It is highly likely that one of you will die as you get older, so you will be there alone and poor.
Original post by Alexion
Yeah, but the 40-odd years in between don't matter?

Well, my perfect career involves me earning such a load of money that there is enough for that 40 years in between, obiviously. It wouldnt be perfect career otherwise.
Original post by Emilia1320
Well, my perfect career involves me earning such a load of money that there is enough for that 40 years in between, obiviously. It wouldnt be perfect career otherwise.

That's not my point. You'd rather spend that 40 years relentlessly earning money, looking forward to retirement? LIVE IN THE NOW, WOMAN :h:
Reply 19
I have a very good career and I wish I had a decent relationship... So I'm gonna pick what I don't have and I'd say perfect relationship. People > materials

But I don't think a perfect relationship exists either

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending