The Student Room Group

Loreto College or Rochdale Sixth Form?

Not sure it would do any difference considering the overall good reputation and results from both colleges but i would like to do A-Levels: psychology, sociology, maths, and biology.
Rochdale would possibly be easier to get to considering I live in Middleton, however, from what I have read online - Loreto is better?
If anyone goes to either, and has some advice, this would be very appreciated.

Thanks, J.

Scroll to see replies

Of the two, Loreto probably has a better reputation. I've heard good things about both, though. And ease of travel should be something you take into account.
Reply 2
Yeah... but knowing that the college you go to is recognised and has a good reputation is very important also :s-smilie:
Thanks for the input :smile:
What about Holy Cross?
Reply 4
Original post by KingKoala
What about Holy Cross?

That's in Worcester, Massachusetts. Long way to go.
Previous Loreto Student!!!! top sixth form definitely recommend, also heard good stuff from Xaverian

bit of a treck though
Original post by z_of_8.1

nah mate it's in Bury

It's in Bury, you fool :wink:
Reply 8
It's in Bury, you fool :wink:

The famous College of the Holy Cross is in Worcester, Mass. But I guess there is some small 6th form college in Bury of the name. I'm not a fan or Worcester, Mass. but its a damn sight better place than Bury.
The famous College of the Holy Cross is in Worcester, Mass. But I guess there is some small 6th form college in Bury of the name. I'm not a fan or Worcester, Mass. but its a damn sight better place than Bury.

Thanks for the highly irrelevant bit of information there. Holy Cross is actually very highly rated.
Thanks for the highly irrelevant bit of information there. Holy Cross is actually very highly rated.

I see the sense of humour body part is lacking here.
I see the sense of humour body part is lacking here.

Is that your sense of humour?
Is that your sense of humour?

At least I possess one. You seemingly do not.
At least I possess one. You seemingly do not.

What is this psychic abilities you possess?
Loreto Is Rubbish tbh, loads of people got kicked out last year due to bad results.
Original post by I am really nice
Loreto Is Rubbish tbh, loads of people got kicked out last year due to bad results.

That is like many colleges around the UK, Loreto has really friendly teachers and brilliant resources. I believe people just under estimate A levels. so they dont work too their full potential. Loreto college has really friendly atmosphere, and a very diverse community. I also think because the way A levels were changed played a big roll in why alot of students didnt achieve well in their AS grades.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by fei345
That is like many colleges around the UK, Loreto has really friendly teachers and brilliant resources. I believe people just under estimate A levels. so they dont work too their full potential. Loreto college has really friendly atmosphere, and a very diverse community. I also think because the way A levels were changed played a big roll in why alot of students didnt achieve well in their AS grades.

No, Alevels changed for year 12s this year, not year 12s last year.
And it's kind like that with my current sixth form (btw my sixth form now is the worst!!!!) but not many actually good ones
nah your wrong mate, A levels Changed before this year's change. it went from having exams after christmas and then another exam in summer. to having all the exams in summer, because of this change i reckon many students didnt realise how hard AS levels are.
Original post by fei345
nah your wrong mate, A levels Changed before this year's change. it went from having exams after christmas and then another exam in summer. to having all the exams in summer, because of this change i reckon many students didnt realise how hard AS levels are.

Oh, i thought you meant changing from doing AS at the end of one year to what it is now where you have to do it at the end of two years.
I doubt you can use that as an excuse because not everyone did the exams in january anyway and anyway the last january exams were in 2013, not 2014 so it was the previous year.

Also, if they did there exam in january then that would be harder and it's not like there weren't any past papers.
Pretty sure if you did half your exams in January and then the second half of your exams in summer, it would be so much more easier. Less Stress, less Revision for subjects, more focused on the exam, it will also prepare you for the exams in summer. alot of students missed out on this.

Quick Reply

Latest