The Student Room Group

Universities views on gap year ??

Hey guys I have currently just left school with AAAAC at higher in English , modern studies , media studies , RMPS and computing science. I say this as im hoping to apply for an English Literature course at the end of the year however Im currently taking a year out to teach English in Tanzania for a year. I was just wondering how universities would view me taking a year out of education ?? Many Thanks
Original post by Norah112
Hey guys I have currently just left school with AAAAC at higher in English , modern studies , media studies , RMPS and computing science. I say this as im hoping to apply for an English Literature course at the end of the year however Im currently taking a year out to teach English in Tanzania for a year. I was just wondering how universities would view me taking a year out of education ?? Many Thanks

Generally, for a subject like English, it won't make much - if any - difference. If you spend the year doing something related to the course then it may enhance your personal statement slightly but that's likely it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending