The Student Room Group

UCAS Extra help

Hi and hope you are all doing well,

I have received 4 out of my 5 choices, with 2 rejections and 2 offers. However, as i missed the deadline to do so, i could not change one of my uni choices to Roehampton University. And apparently, if you recieve an offer, you are not eligible for Extra unless you reject them all.

My question is this, I recieved an offer from my 2nd firm choice but unless I reject all offers I cannot add another uni to my choices. Is there any way i could go about this without having to reject my firm offer and still add another uni?

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by King7

I have received 4 out of my 5 choices, with 2 rejections and 2 offers. However, as i missed the deadline to do so, i could not change one of my uni choices to Roehampton University. And apparently, if you recieve an offer, you are not eligible for Extra unless you reject them all.

My question is this, I recieved an offer from my 2nd firm choice but unless I reject all offers I cannot add another uni to my choices. Is there any way i could go about this without having to reject my firm offer and still add another uni?

Thank you

I m afraid if you used all 5 choices then that would be impossible, sorry.
Reply 2
Original post by King7

Thank you

You can contact Roehampton before deciding what to do. You can ask if they have spaces available through Extra, and if they would consider you. That way you can judge how risky declining your other offers well be. They probably won't give you a definite "yes", but should tell you if you'll definitely not get a place.
Reply 3
Original post by Juno
You can contact Roehampton before deciding what to do. You can ask if they have spaces available through Extra, and if they would consider you. That way you can judge how risky declining your other offers well be. They probably won't give you a definite "yes", but should tell you if you'll definitely not get a place.

They said they would consider me, but I dont want to reject my offers. So there is no way around this, hey?😭
Reply 4
Original post by King7
They said they would consider me, but I dont want to reject my offers. So there is no way around this, hey?😭

The only way to keep the offers you have would be if you were eligible for Adjustment. This would mean you need to meet and exceed your firm offer, and then you can apply to Roehampton. This takes place after results day though so they might not have spaces at that point.
Reply 5
Original post by Juno
The only way to keep the offers you have would be if you were eligible for Adjustment. This would mean you need to meet and exceed your firm offer, and then you can apply to Roehampton. This takes place after results day though so they might not have spaces at that point.

If I was to reject all my offers, can I apply to Roehampton and other unis in Extra but also apply to 2 of the offers I initially rejected?

Do you think this is a viable option or not?
Original post by King7
If I was to reject all my offers, can I apply to Roehampton and other unis in Extra but also apply to 2 of the offers I initially rejected?

You only get one choice in extra at a time so not a viable option.
Reply 7
Original post by King7

You can't do that. You can only apply to one choice through Extra. If you then get rejected or change your mind you can have another choice, but you can't have more than one choice at the same time.
Reply 8
Original post by Juno
You can't do that. You can only apply to one choice through Extra. If you then get rejected or change your mind you can have another choice, but you can't have more than one choice at the same time.

Can I apply to the Uni I initially rejected if I get rejected by my first Extra choice though?
Original post by King7
Can I apply to the Uni I initially rejected if I get rejected by my first Extra choice though?

You can, but they don't have to be interested in you.
Reply 10
Thank you all for your help!

Unfortunately, Roehampton have told me that they are full and are not accepting anymore students. But I do have one other issue. I was told by Portsmouth Uni (one of my choices that rejected me) that AAT Level 3 was acceptable alone, for entry onto year one of any Accounting related degree. However, a few weeks after submitting my application, they emailed me saying that they would not accept me as they do not accept AAT Level 3 alone!

Is there any action I can possibly take. By action I do not mean suing them for all the got lol, but (as far fetched as it sounds), an extra UCAS choice perhaps? Lol, I know how I sound, but its worth asking!:biggrin:
Original post by King7

Unfortunately, Roehampton have told me that they are full and are not accepting anymore students. But I do have one other issue. I was told by Portsmouth Uni (one of my choices that rejected me) that AAT Level 3 was acceptable alone, for entry onto year one of any Accounting related degree. However, a few weeks after submitting my application, they emailed me saying that they would not accept me as they do not accept AAT Level 3 alone!

Is there any action I can possibly take. By action I do not mean suing them for all the got lol, but (as far fetched as it sounds), an extra UCAS choice perhaps? Lol, I know how I sound, but its worth asking!:biggrin:

Afraid not doable as far as I know.
Reply 12
Original post by claireestelle
Afraid not doable as far as I know.

Oh man! I feel played by them lol. Roehampton took to long to answer my emails, and Portsmouth were misleading!
Original post by King7
Oh man! I feel played by them lol. Roehampton took to long to answer my emails, and Portsmouth were misleading!

Give UCAS a call to be sure but I m afraid universities aren't always great that way.
Reply 14
Original post by claireestelle
Give UCAS a call to be sure but I m afraid universities aren't always great that way.

Will do. Can I contact UCAS by email or online chat apart from phone or social media?
Original post by King7
Will do. Can I contact UCAS by email or online chat apart from phone or social media?

Phoning would be easier but I think there's an email :smile:
Original post by King7

Did they tell you in writing? If so you might have a case. If it was verbal then you are probably stuffed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Original post by ageshallnot
Did they tell you in writing? If so you might have a case. If it was verbal then you are probably stuffed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Email
Reply 18
Original post by ageshallnot

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here is the email:

Dear MY NAME,
Thank you for contacting us regarding your enquiry.

I am pleased to confirm that the successful completion of the AAT Diploma (level 3) makes you eligible to join us in the first year of any of our BA (Hons) accountancy degrees.

If I can offer any further help, advice or a tour of our facilities please do not hesitate to contact me.Best wishes,
THEIR NAME, LOL
Original post by King7
Here is the email:

Dear MY NAME,
Thank you for contacting us regarding your enquiry.

I am pleased to confirm that the successful completion of the AAT Diploma (level 3) makes you eligible to join us in the first year of any of our BA (Hons) accountancy degrees.

If I can offer any further help, advice or a tour of our facilities please do not hesitate to contact me.Best wishes,
THEIR NAME, LOL

Get back to them and point this out to them. Say that you were encouraged to apply and then rejected on false grounds - false because they had said your qualifications were acceptable. Show the evidence and demand to be reconsidered.

Alternatively try to get an alternative choice via Ucas, but it's not their fault so that might be difficult.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending