The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

It was uncalled for and its not comparable to the Buttler incident
Mankading is ****ing hilarious. Doing it to win a match makes it even better. What a champion.
Against the spirit of the game, it seemed like the bowler pre-planned it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Louis.
Mankading is ****ing hilarious. Doing it to win a match makes it even better. What a champion.

I thought better of you

Original post by Enginerd.
Against the spirit of the game, it seemed like the bowler pre-planned it to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

100%. Never even looked like bowling it.
Original post by The Wavefunction
I thought better of you

100%. Never even looked like bowling it.

Just stay in the crease like.

I suppose Mankading is wrong, it's not something I want to see more of. BUT- what I find funny is that it brings out all the holier than thou traditionalists banging on about the spirit of the game. And their outrage almost makes it worth it. That's the hilarious bit.

Side note- I didn't think you were even allowed to do it that way. Thought you had to be past the stumps and in your delivery stride.
Original post by Louis.
Just stay in the crease like.

I suppose Mankading is wrong, it's not something I want to see more of. BUT- what I find funny is that it brings out all the holier than thou traditionalists banging on about the spirit of the game. And their outrage almost makes it worth it. That's the hilarious bit.

Side note- I didn't think you were even allowed to do it that way. Thought you had to be past the stumps and in your delivery stride.

I do see your point, but universally, it isn't really accepted as fair play. I'm sure most batsmen leave the crease early as long as you don't abuse it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nothing will ever beat the infamous under arm delivery bowled by Trevor Chapell, in terms of absolute ****ery.
Reply 687
Roy reportedly nursing an injury for the ODI series against SA. That may give the selectors and Morgan a more straightforward decision with the order, allowing them to accommodate Stokes and Taylor.

I'd go with: Hales, Stokes, Root, Taylor, Morgan, Buttler, Moeen, Willey, Rashid, Jordan, Broad.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/35482072

Watch Sri Lanka's Kamindu Mendis bowl right and left-arm deliveries in the same over during his team's ICC U19 World Cup match against Pakistan in Bangladesh.
Ambidextrous bowling is insane. Does he need to inform th batsman which he's bowling?

Odd game between the UAE and Netherlands earlier with "Extras" the joint 3rd top scorer in their innings, contributing 4 runs in their 73 all out. Some fella got 49 of them.
Original post by The Wavefunction
Ambidextrous bowling is insane. Does he need to inform th batsman which he's bowling?

Odd game between the UAE and Netherlands earlier with "Extras" the joint 3rd top scorer in their innings, contributing 4 runs in their 73 all out. Some fella got 49 of them.

Presume so? Umpires usually indicate which side the bowler is bowling from I think.

England with a not too shabby 399/9 from 50 overs..
Reply 691
Today's meeting between NZ and Australia just shows how the latter are at home on their own pitches.

The Eden Park pitch was slow and gave very little, but NZ bowled exceptionally and weren't helped by really questionable decision making from the Australian order.

The Aussies had bad luck - Smith and Warner's dismissals, in particular - but surely they can't keep avoiding Khawaja? Get him in the side.

I thought they did extremely well to limit NZ in the first innings, but their collapse was remarkable.
Q De Kock may be the last hope for SA getting anywhere near the required score. Playing magnificently atm.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 693
That catch from Stokes. Did I just see that?
Original post by Mackay
That catch from Stokes. Did I just see that?

You sure did. :ahee:

Shame about the match though. Could've been tight the way De Kock was playing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 695
I think the D/L system massively underestimated SA in today's opening ODI, I must admit.

De Kock put Buttler's innings in the shade: he got more runs and did so at a quicker rate. Indeed, Buttler's innings - while great - was his slowest century yet, at 74 balls. Still remarkable. Surely he'll be England's greatest ever ODI batsman? I can't see anybody challenging him for that title, to be honest.

Amazing stat I picked up on Twitter: England made scores of 350+ just twice in their first 645 ODIs, but have now made 350+ five times in the 15 innings since then.

It was England's second highest ODI total today. All the batsman contributed, which was pleasing to see, but it was a shame we couldn't break that 400 barrier.
Original post by Mackay
I think the D/L system massively underestimated SA in today's opening ODI, I must admit.

De Kock put Buttler's innings in the shade: he got more runs and did so at a quicker rate. Indeed, Buttler's innings - while great - was his slowest century yet, at 74 balls. Still remarkable. Surely he'll be England's greatest ever ODI batsman? I can't see anybody challenging him for that title, to be honest.

Amazing stat I picked up on Twitter: England made scores of 350+ just twice in their first 645 ODIs, but have now made 350+ five times in the 15 innings since then.

It was England's second highest ODI total today. All the batsman contributed, which was pleasing to see, but it was a shame we couldn't break that 400 barrier.

Shows the impact of a good aggressive mindset of batsmen and also good selection choices... Ie no alaistar cook in odi haha

The rate at which buttler puts on runs in odi is impressive for English odi cricket standards, like England's own ABDV (when in form :wink: )
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 697
Original post by tazza ma razza
Shows the impact of a good aggressive mindset of batsmen and also good selection choices... Ie no alaistar cook in odi haha

The rate at which buttler puts on runs in odi is impressive for English odi cricket standards, like England's own ABDV (when in form :wink: )

Also shows the impact Strauss - and the shift in emphasis to white-ball cricket - has had.
Original post by Mackay
Also shows the impact Strauss - and the shift in emphasis to white-ball cricket - has had.

and also the emphasis on white supremacy in cricket, i mean have you ever seen an indian play for england? No, because racism

no don't give me this monty panesar nonsense he lived in england for at least 1 month
Reply 699
Original post by Tazza'sNightmare
and also the emphasis on white supremacy in cricket

Hardy, in a world with Bavumba and Rabada making headlines and breaking ground.

Quick Reply

Latest