The Student Room Group

Do you want to be buried, cremated or something else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eternalflames
Why so?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afGkv0IT4dU

As an Atheist, I am firm believer of the words of Richard Dawkins and follow all of his actions. Look how approving he is of being buried, how he smiles and claps.
I wanna be dumped somewhere in the wilderness and let nature take care of the rest :biggrin:
Original post by Dinasaurus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afGkv0IT4dU

As an Atheist, I am firm believer of the words of Richard Dawkins and follow all of his actions. Look how approving he is of being buried, how he smiles and claps.

Yes I understand that concept of giving back to the Earth after you have died. But if an Atheist wishes to be cremated, I don't think it makes them lesser an Atheist. I am also an Atheist but I'm not sure as to how I'd like to be disposed of when I die. If it's to give back to the Earth, I'd get one of those sky burials where they chop the body up and feed it to vultures. I can't imagine maggots and insects squirming through my dead decomposing body, so I'd choose either the sky burial/have my freshly dead meat thrown to wild animals or get cremated and have my ashes be used as fertiliser for a rose garden.
Reply 23
Original post by F.Nietzsche
No surprises there.... :teehee:

Damn I was going to say that 😂😂😂

I'd like to be buried somewhere where my family can visit me
Original post by Eternalflames
Yes I understand that concept of giving back to the Earth after you have died. But if an Atheist wishes to be cremated, I don't think it makes them lesser an Atheist. I am also an Atheist but I'm not sure as to how I'd like to be disposed of when I die. If it's to give back to the Earth, I'd get one of those sky burials where they chop the body up and feed it to vultures. I can't imagine maggots and insects squirming through my dead decomposing body, so I'd choose either the sky burial/have my freshly dead meat thrown to wild animals or get cremated and have my ashes be used as fertiliser for a rose garden.

I was being facetious, I don't really praise Dawkins in that way. We should be able to do what we want with our bodies within reason.
Original post by ZuluK
Damn I was going to say that 😂😂😂

Early bird catches the worm. :wink:
Reply 26
Early bird catches the worm. :wink:

The second mouse gets the cheese :wink:

Spoiler

Original post by ZuluK
The second mouse gets the cheese :wink:

Spoiler

Spoiler

i couldnt ccare less
Reply 29

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by ZuluK

Spoiler

Spoiler

Donate my organs and then to be cremated and my ashes to be scattered on the banks of Loch Lomond.
Reply 32

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by ZuluK

Spoiler

Spoiler

For me, my organs donated, then what is left of me after that cremated. :yep:
Reply 35

Spoiler

Spoiler