The Student Room Group

Can I study law?

I take economics, business, rs and physical education. Can I still study law at university? And what is law like at university? What does the course entail?
Hey :smile:
Im aspiring to study Hist, Chem, Maths and Computing and I'm applying for French w/ Law or Law / Business (I would strongly a joint honours degree for Law to fight off competition) and yes you can do Law :smile: However try fit in English/Law as top Law Schools urge for so. However apply for Law and Business to fit in the context of your A Level Options :smile:

If you need help/advice, message me, were in the same boat I guess, you want to apply for Oxford?
Original post by AayelZ
I take economics, business, rs and physical education. Can I still study law at university? And what is law like at university? What does the course entail?

Yes you will have no problem with virtually any combination of subjects. It isnt even that essential to study law at degree level. Grades matter.

Not sure how you will sell your PE.
Reply 3
Original post by Adzkii786
Hey :smile:
Im aspiring to study Hist, Chem, Maths and Computing and I'm applying for French w/ Law or Law / Business (I would strongly a joint honours degree for Law to fight off competition) and yes you can do Law :smile: However try fit in English/Law as top Law Schools urge for so. However apply for Law and Business to fit in the context of your A Level Options :smile:

If you need help/advice, message me, were in the same boat I guess, you want to apply for Oxford?

I hated my joint (Law with Politics). It stopped me from doing law electives so I dropped it after first year and then my law electives were my highest marks!

For the OP, literally one of the first things a law school asks first years when they arrive is hands up if you studied law at A-Level. Then they say forget everything you were taught in school about law.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending