The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by crocface
For international rep. Probably Manchester only because its been around a while and the City name is recognized.

My choices were:

1.Oxford. Rejected
2. Kings. Rejected
3. Bristol. Waiting
4. QMUL. Offer
5. Exeter. Offer

Other choices that I didnt pick because they were in clearing last year but still on my list:

1b. Warrick
2b. Newcastle
3b. Birmingham

I also would have liked York and Manchester but they don't offer a year abroad option that I´m specifically looking for.

ah, you went about it logically, unlike some people (me lol) well congrats on your offers 2 solid universities and good luck with Bristol ^^
Original post by mitchriding
Durham offer just tonight (already have QMUL and UCL), waiting on king's and LSE

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking... what did you get in your LNAT? What grades did you get in your GCSEs and ASs? What are you studying as at A2 and what have you been predicted?
Original post by 09owenss
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking... what did you get in your LNAT? What grades did you get in your GCSEs and ASs? What are you studying as at A2 and what have you been predicted?

Thanks! 31 in LNAT, 2 A*, 6 As and 1 B at GCSE. AAAB at AS (econ, politics, Geog, EPQ and did pre-U history), dropped history for A2 and predicted A*A*A*
Thanks! 31 in LNAT, 2 A*, 6 As and 1 B at GCSE. AAAB at AS (econ, politics, Geog, EPQ and did pre-U history), dropped history for A2 and predicted A*A*A*

Wow that's really impressive! Best of luck in the summer.
Original post by Poppycharlotte
Just got an offer from Durham, applied back in October (lol)
My LNAT score was 23 so didn't think I'd make it tbh

Congratulations, which college have you applied for?
Hey guys,

Ive applied to Bristol, leeds, york, DMU and Leicester.

I got 23 in my LNAT don't think thats great but at least its on average !

Im 22 next month, I've got a BTEC DDD and a cert of higher education as i did a year in Bournemouth uni last year !

Don't feel too confident about getting offers tbh, but i am working as legal case handler so hoping that will boost my application !

I only sent my application on the deadline jan 15th . haven't heard anything back yet, slightly concerned about everyone else submitting theirs way earlier :/

Did anyone else submit theirs the same time?
Reply 2146
Edinburgh offer! :biggrin:
Reply 2147
Original post by kgsj20
Omg you applied even earlier than me! Why does it take them so long :frown: Are you planning on firming it if you get an offer?

the waiting is killing me, i have no idea what is taking them this long... really hope we will hear back from them this month! yes, king's is my favorite so i think id firm them
what about you, is it your first choice?
Original post by IDKY
Edinburgh offer! :biggrin:

Fabulous, congratulations! You're an IB student, aren't you, may I please ask what your fee status is?
Hi, Congrats on your offer! I was just wondering what you got at AS and GCSE? Ive applied to Durham but i'm still waiting for a reply! I scored 21 on my LNAT.

I'm also waiting for Durham and I also scored 21 on my LNAT. Where else have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandyyCD97
I'm also waiting for Durham and I also scored 21 on my LNAT. Where else have you applied to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have also applied for Liverpool, Bristol, Newcastle and Lancaster. You?
I have also applied for Liverpool, Bristol, Newcastle and Lancaster. You?

I applied to LSE, Bristol, Warwick and Southampton. I got rejected by LSE a while ago, offers from Warwick, Southampton and Bristol. What's your first choice? :smile:
Original post by crocface
I'd say
1. QMUL. Highest in rankings and offer demands and London contacts/proximity can't be bad for a job.
2. Newcastle Slighly better than Leeds in rankings but was in clearing last year.
3. Leeds. Id say about same as Newcastle but was not in clearing last year

Thank you. It seems to me that you are ver aware of the ranking and stats. This is very helpful. Do you think law at uni of manchester is better than qmul or newcastle? Thanks.
Original post by PandyyCD97
I applied to LSE, Bristol, Warwick and Southampton. I got rejected by LSE a while ago, offers from Warwick, Southampton and Bristol. What's your first choice? :smile:

Bristol if I receive an offer, but i doubt i will! If not Lancaster you?
Original post by legalmind
Thank you. It seems to me that you are ver aware of the ranking and stats. This is very helpful. Do you think law at uni of manchester is better than qmul or newcastle? Thanks.

No my feeling is QMUL is better for law and placed well for contacts in the jobs of London later
Reply 2155
Original post by MsTabitha
Fabulous, congratulations! You're an IB student, aren't you, may I please ask what your fee status is?

Thanks! I'm paying the international fees.
Bristol if I receive an offer, but i doubt i will! If not Lancaster you?

I wish you all the best, good luck! :smile: Durham if I get it, if not then Bristol :tongue:

Ive just chosen pre-U history but everyone seems to be dropping it?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by oli19919
Ive just chosen pre-U history but everyone seems to be dropping it?!?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone at my school dropped it (probably 80% of people tbh), as it was poorly taught, may be better in your school but we were the first year to do it at mine and teachers seemed to be lost! They even wrote letters to chosen unis explaining their mistake and why most students only had 3 AS levels
Reply 2159
May I ask what was your LNAT score?

Latest

Trending

Trending