The Student Room Group

Advice on how to avoid potential drama at a house party?

One of my closest friends is having a house party, the problem is I really don't get along with a few of the girls he's invited. The girls he's invited I have previously been extremely close to, best friends even. I won't bore with details but we're no longer friends and I haven't spoken to them for over a year. I probably should note that there is only going to be 10 people attending so I can't exactly avoid them. I really don't want to upset anyone or cause drama but I have a tendency to be extremely stubborn and bitter and unforgiving of people that have hurt me.I know this isn't ideal
Should I try and talk to them or just ignore them? I feel like if I start talking to them they'll think everything will be back to normal like last year and that's definitely not what I want. Help, please?
lol sounds like a **** party if there's only 10 people, but just be civil if they talk to you or ignore them. I have to encounter people I've cut out of my life on a daily basis in my social life and it's about maintaining those boundaries of being civil but not friendly. If there's bad blood, either don't go or avoid the people, but if it's in the past and you, like me, just don't want those negative people in your life just avoid them and be civil :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by picklescamp
lol sounds like a **** party if there's only 10 people, but just be civil if they talk to you or ignore them. I have to encounter people I've cut out of my life on a daily basis in my social life and it's about maintaining those boundaries of being civil but not friendly. If there's bad blood, either don't go or avoid the people, but if it's in the past and you, like me, just don't want those negative people in your life just avoid them and be civil :smile:

Yeah only 10 people, most of his friends would destroy the house so better be safe than sorry haha, thanks for the advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending